The Expanse

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't read the books, but I think it was a vision of it making our sun go nova in the future.

The vision was showing holden what happened to the civilization that made the protomolcule. They fought their enemy across thousands of star systems and kept losing even going so far as to send suns nova and still it was not enough. The comments miller said about reaching out 113 times a second that is the protomolocule trying to make contact with the rest of the civilization and it got nothing back in response. So it sent ghost miller through the gate to try to find out what happened and get answers.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We'll likely get a Holden or Miller explanation to start the next episode as the vision was cryptic and would take mega nerd youtube video levels to piece it together without having read the books. But the jist of it was there used to be way more gates open, the station can blow up stars, and for some reason it's in lockdown mode with nothing accessible right now (which required investigating)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I wondered how they were going to show that part. It was GLORIOUS! This fucking show is so good.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
We'll likely get a Holden or Miller explanation to start the next episode as the vision was cryptic and would take mega nerd youtube video levels to piece it together without having read the books. But the jist of it was there used to be way more gates open, the station can blow up stars, and for some reason it's in lockdown mode with nothing accessible right now (which required investigating)

Yeah, for those of us who haven't read the books that fast sequence of shots almost makes it look like they've been blowing up stars and our dear sun is next.....

(I make it a rule not to read books that shows are based on if I haven't already when the show happens, which is the case for Expanse.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I've not read the books, but I picked up on the tragedy of the situation as each of the portals closed one by one and, in an act of desperation, the station blew up a star.

It will, however, need some decompressing.

• 1Like

Goatface

hmm
was just looking at my guide for next week
Expanse 9:00pm - 9:45pm 45 mins
Expanse 9:45pm - 10:32pm 47 mins
wonder if they are going to show them commercial free

• 2Like

Malakriss

Maybe limited commercials, but Syfy giving away the finale for free? Highly skeptical.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
be funny if amazon just buys up all the ads for the finale and just says "Watch the next season on amazon prime!"

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Malakriss

The guy who suicided could have just waited another day and would have been taken care of. JFC that hallway shot.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Damn, solid episode. Some definite departures from the books, though, in spots.

I do wonder if they still plan to go through with the psycho belter plot from the book, though. My guess

The 2nd in Command will probably end up being Bull from the book instead of the guy who assumes command in the mutiny from the book. I bet the kid from the 1st season will end up being the psycho belter who almost gets everyone killed and they have to stop. Season still ends with Miller releasing the slow zone hold and opening up the rest of the stargates

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Babylon Behemoth!

When they were stuck and looking up at the inner drum of the ship I kept thinking 'why don't they just spin the thing...its clearly meant to do that for the generational ship voyage'

• 2Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
From the promo the finale looks like it's got some changes from the books too.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It's kinda crazy thinking where this season began to where it is now. I've said it before but I think they struck paydirt when they came up with the idea to start new 'books' midseason.

From what people have said it looks like they rengineered some characters to bridge the overall narrative, but it works well from a standalone point of view.

I like how SyFy is just calling it a 2-part 'Finale Event'. Thus dodging the question of Season Finale for a show they wont have anymore or call it a Series Finale when everyone knows it aint.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Think Syfy might get seller remorse soon? If not already. Best show on tv for me now that WW has tanked. Only criticism was the manufactured danger to Holden. Hey let’s shoot him cause we’re mad. And with him unconscious, we had no Miller. Meh. Great ep, just two minor gripes.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Drummer is such a bad bitch. And, who would have thought it, Anna has some cojones. That must have been her first space walk!

• 3Like

Cybsled

Shooting him wouldn't have worked anyways. With the new speed limit, the round would have stopped inside the barrel.

• 3Like

Goatface

ratings up 670k viewers, 55k more than last week, 17k more than S3 premier
18-49 demo was .18 up from last week's .17

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Drummer is such a bad bitch. And, who would have thought it, Anna has some cojones. That must have been her first space walk!

When you see Cara Gee in interviews it shows just how capable she is in conjuring forth Drummer. Here's this unassuming Canadian woman hailing from Toronto but with first nations heritage and yet her delivery of the belter creole is always on-point. Truly transformative.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
yeah that belter patois is fantastic, just listening to drummer and Captain FaceMelt talk was awesome. Its hilarious how bad Naomi/the actress is at it though.

i thought drummer was dead for sure at the end there, glad she is not

i also couldn't figure out who the fuck zapped melba at the end, for some goofy reason i thought it was Kenneth from 30 rock and was like "...wtf is going on"

FGQuzUO.jpg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users