The Expanse

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Shooting him wouldn't have worked anyways. With the new speed limit, the round would have stopped inside the barrel.

I was waiting for Bobby to say something like "Hey assholes, remember what happened the last time we tried to shoot him?"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
Cara Gee is probably one of the best cast actors in the show, second only to Thomas Jane imo. Elizabeth Mitchell is up there also

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Great episode. This show continues to impress with its attention to detail. The fallout of instant deceleration was amazing, zero G fire in Naomi's ship, the tears pooling in Tily's eyes as she died. Such minor things that really add a layer of depth that you normally don’t see.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Caliane

Shooting him wouldn't have worked anyways. With the new speed limit, the round would have stopped inside the barrel.
They firmly established the speed limit only effects the ships as a whole. First guy shot himself in the gate. People walking forward in the ships are able to do so. Thats what killed everyone as well. the ship stops, the people inside DON'T.

I am not sure how girl mao, Naomi, or church lady kenneth were able to jet pack forward faster then their ships to get unto the Rossi though..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The station has different rules then maybe, since it stopped the rounds being fired.

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The martians were after holden as their priority and so they were really the only ones in position to make the intercept via ship nobody else was really trying that hard especially after everybody hit the wall they had more shit to worry about than another ship that also was not going anywhere in a hurry.

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The station has different rules then maybe, since it stopped the rounds being fired.

The structure stops threats. Projectiles fired inside another vessel is not a threat to it until it leaves that ship and becomes a threat. Inside the station itself those bullets were threats so it stopped them.

• 1Like

Goatface

i was thinking it was a zone wide speed limit
the 1st speed limit should been faster than any projectile weapon
early morning math, it would be like 10x faster than our fastest round now

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Cara Gee is probably one of the best cast actors in the show, second only to Thomas Jane imo. Elizabeth Mitchell is up there also

Thomas Jane 100%, I love his additions of a Noir-esque / Bladerunner element to the show, combined with his visual acting methods and you have a really cool character.

Elizabeth Mitchell I always find SO dry, like her performances always feel the same to me. I feel like she has one facial expression and it cries, it smiles, it does everything. Combined with her cadence of slow and plodding dialogue? I dunno, it seems like she is the hippy mom of 30 kids at a commune in ALL of her roles.

Cara Gee was always pretty impressive, "Tell it with your face" has never been executed better. The disgust that her character shows via facial emotion is impressive. The Commander guy that they have alongside her is growing on me too, he's not as impressive as Cara and Thomas but I kinda wanna see what his character does.

• 4Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Commander guy that they have alongside her is growing on me too, he's not as impressive as Cara and Thomas but I kinda wanna see what his character does.

Love what David Strathairn is doing with the character. Pretty crazy to think this was him 26 years ago.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
Drummer has become one of my favorite characters. I just figured she would be a bit player. Glad she has become such a big part of the show. No idea if this lines up with the books

Love what David Strathairn is doing with the character. Pretty crazy to think this was him 26 years ago.

I do too. Then again I tend to like him in pretty much any part I see him in. Dude's a solid actor.

Question for the book readers: Is Strathairn's character from the books or is it a stand-in for Dawes and/or Fred Johnson? From a story standpoint, it seems odd that at least one of those characters wouldn't be on this mission for the Belters/OPA. Cutty and older Will Robinson seem to work pretty steady on many projects so maybe those actors were not available for whatever reason so the writers just made up a guy or moved that story to a different character from future books.

(Yes I know I could look this up but I don't want to accidentally spoil anything and also I'm lazy)

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Cybsled

His character (Ashford) is from the books. Just like in the show, Ashford is from Dawes' faction and Drummer (who isn't there in the book and is standing in for other characters) is from Johnson's faction.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Drummer is in the books but not at this point in the story. She appears later but the show wanted to establish her earlier and her character more or less fills the role well.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Cybsled

Right. To clarify, Drummer is in the book, but the role Drummer is currently playing on the Behemoth were different characters in the book (she basically took 1, potentially 2, roles from the book in terms of her current duties on the ship. In the books, Drummer is still back on Tycho/the Solar System).

It isn't too surprising. In a book it is fairly easy to introduce tons of characters, but in a screen adaptation, it can make sense to merge characters so you don't have too many people to follow (or actors to hire/retain).

• 2Like

Merrith

Anything that results in more Drummer on TV was a good decision.

• 4Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Double episode finale tonight. Based on one scene in the preview with Miller, it would seem to confirm this will wrap up book 3, so season 4 should should be book 4 (although I have to imagine they may try to slip in some book 5/6 stuff to give the other actors something to do that aren't involved in the book 4 plot).

• 1Like

Cybsled

Heh, they were fucking with book readers for a few pivotal scenes. Glad those scenes didn't play out the same way, because it would have been a shame to lose those characters (especially when you factor in book 5/6).

Awesome wrap to the season and a good segway into the next book.

• 1Like

Goatface

didn't like the no miller - miller scenes :(
but the rest was great

• 2Like

Merrith

Pretty good wrap up. Wonder what the eta on Season 4 will be from Amazon. Going to have to get into the books in between I think.

• 1Like

Goatface

season 3 starting filming in July 2017 and premiered April 2018

couple weeks ago, they announced pre-production had started and filming would run from September 5 to December 20 2018.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users