The Expanse

khorum

Murder Apologist
Great finale. Man people wouldve been triggered if it had been cancelled after that haha.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Blows my mind this isn't the most watched sci fi show on TV. Or maybe it is, whatever, it's amazing and more people should watch it

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man if it had been cancelled after that finale there would have been minor rioting or at least a lot of angry posting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

So solid.
Its amazing how good this is compared to Westworld.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Interview with the showrunner on plans for S4. Kind of like I suspected, it will be based on book 4, but they are still going to include elements from the solar system, so I am guessing they will be laying heavy groundwork (if not outright including portions of) for books 5 and 6.

'The Expanse' finale explained, and season 4 scoop revealed

I love all the optimism about how the show will be better going to Amazon. Not sure if Syfy realized they kind of were giving everyone a little taste of how it'll be on Amazon getting to just stream and binge it, by having the 2 part finale back to back with what seemed to be less commercials. Hyped to see where they can go with it going to Amazon, already up there in my pantheon of sci-fi shows.

• 3Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Okay, I feel like I missed something...

Randomly I felt like the show jumped from the jail cell scene to the reactor scene.

Is the version I'm watching fucked or did it literally jump from:

James Holden in the jail cell seeing Mao to a cargo hold scene where his crew recruits the camera lady to suddenly holden is riding an elevator.

• 1Like

Goatface

saw a post about some dvrs skipping 20-30 mins in the middle

James Holden in the jail cell seeing Mao to a cargo hold scene where his crew recruits the camera lady to suddenly holden is riding an elevator.

when is he introduces himself happens at 20 mins into 1st show (without ads)
the camera chick scene is at 7mins into 2nd show.

both shows without ads are 41ish mins each

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah had to jump around...

Holy shit thank god that season ending was good!

Even up to the last second!

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah not a huge fan of the NoMiller scenes, I assume it was done because they just didn't have Thomas Jane for enough days to do everything they wanted. I thought they might skip book 4 since it feels a bit extraneous and not really needed. It'll be interesting to see where the show goes, I personally thought book 3 was the high point of the series so far and its kind of a bit meh after that but we'll see.

I tried to rewatch the last few seconds and something definitely weird shows up as Holden is transitioning through the ring but I can't really make heads or tails out of it, just looks like... something that doesn't belong

cYZeP4a.jpg

also LOL

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • 7Worf
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I tried to rewatch the last few seconds and something definitely weird shows up as Holden is transitioning through the ring but I can't really make heads or tails out of it, just looks like... something that doesn't belong

cYZeP4a.jpg

I saw the same thing and I assumed it was Holden being "possessed" by "Miller" or by some other entity. I haven't read the books at all so I have no insight from them.

• 3Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Nah man book4 is a thin layer of local drama over a shit ton of exposition about the protomolecule civ.... it's also a big intro into whatever happened to them. It would've been too clunky to repackage all that some other season with the filip arc or later.

I think the big concern would be if they do book 4 JUSTICE. There's gonna be a lot of expensive FX shots for it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Salty

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They've been doing pretty good with FX so far, so I have hope for the future especially if they are less constrained by a specific running time etc.

I would have been mega pissed had that been the end of things. Praise be to Bezos

Also when Amos said "I wont let anyone hurt you" I literally yelled at the screen 'okay that bitch is now immune to all damage because once Amos says those words he will fuck all y'all up'

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They've been doing pretty good with FX so far, so I have hope for the future especially if they are less constrained by a specific running time etc.

I would have been mega pissed had that been the end of things. Praise be to Bezos

Also when Amos said "I wont let anyone hurt you" I literally yelled at the screen 'okay that bitch is now immune to all damage because once Amos says those words he will fuck all y'all up'

I like Amos knowing he's not a "good" person, but he recognizes it in others and will lay his life down for them.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
I don't wanna sound like a queer or nuthin, but Drummer is so hardcore if she wanted to gear up with a strap-on and go to town on my tight pink balloon knot, out of fear/respect I would probably just melt down to the ground, roll ass up and let her. Wouldn't even try puttin up a fight.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Ladro

Anomaly
God damn that was a great finale! I would have been so pissed if this was it, praise be to Bezos for fucking sure.

• 4Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah man book4 is a thin layer of local drama over a shit ton of exposition about the protomolecule civ.... it's also a big intro into whatever happened to them. It would've been too clunky to repackage all that some other season with the filip arc or later.

I think the big concern would be if they do book 4 JUSTICE. There's gonna be a lot of expensive FX shots for it.

Yup it is pretty much needed to demonstrate yet again how powerful they had been and what happened to them. My concern is also the FX shots really most of the seasons are done in ships or stations so you can reuse a lot of sets all the time and its fine. But book 4 is going to take some serious sets or FX time do pull off or there would be no point in doing it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Drummer wins bad ass of the year award...

I went from NOOOOOOO... to YAAASSSSS!!! In a few short seconds. What a great ride :)

• 4Like