The Expanse

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

2 hundred bones for that baller ass Rocinante replica. Trying to convince myself I don't need that.
i just binged the show, Roci shows 6 autocanons which is basically point defense, but also a railgun, when did they use the railgun? musta missed it from the binge

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
They add the Railgun somewhere between Season 3 and 4 I think, because saving the World all the time pays well.

Cybsled

Ya, the railgun was added post season 3, after they started getting work and $$$$. Rosi also became theirs vs. Mars wanting it back.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't they use the rail gun in the beginning of season 3 when they saved the Razorback? Isn't railgun ammo what they ended up going to the battlefield graveyard for when they ended up finding the Martian survivors on that ship?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As a non-book reader, Bobby is gonna be executed for treason right? I mean she straight up turned on her squad while in the midst of carrying out a lawful order from her commanding officer, and she doesn't seem the type to lie about what happened. Or does she get a second free pass?

Cybsled

From what I recall, she ends up leaving/getting booted from the Marines and has a blemish on her reputation, but because she assisting in saving Mars (and mankind), she doesn't really get any formal punishment so to speak.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Didn't they use the rail gun in the beginning of season 3 when they saved the Razorback? Isn't railgun ammo what they ended up going to the battlefield graveyard for when they ended up finding the Martian survivors on that ship?
Nah I just rewatched that recently. They used missiles then PDCs when they drifted past the martian ship.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
From what I recall, she ends up leaving/getting booted from the Marines and has a blemish on her reputation, but because she assisting in saving Mars (and mankind), she doesn't really get any formal punishment so to speak.

I guess being left a social pariah would a pretty nightmarish punishment for a patriotic Martian. I love Drummer too and was astonished that she survived all that shit that went down at the end of S3. Few shows do such a good job at portraying strong women without ever inducing cringes/eye rolls.

Sterling

El Presidente
Just rewatched this over the last couple of weeks. Forgot how not great the actress playing Naomi was. Drummer and Amos still A+ though.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Naomi is probably my least favorite character. Been awhile since I read the books but I remember not liking her much there either.

Fadaar

That guy
She's easily the most unlikable of the Roci crew with Holden in a very distant second. Amos and Alex are best bros.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Super short hair is actually more practical for the show, since you don't have to worry about how it looks in zero G

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
She's easily the most unlikable of the Roci crew with Holden in a very distant second. Amos and Alex are best bros.

Holden i feel like is MEANT to be unlikable, to an extent. Naomi, tho, is just a bad actress, completely unbelievable as a rugged belter mechanical genius. she does come across as intelligent, but not as seasoned in any way, more the opposite in that she often feels like she's really straight up naive when i'm watching her mannerisms.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Holden i feel like is MEANT to be unlikable, to an extent. Naomi, tho, is just a bad actress, completely unbelievable as a rugged belter mechanical genius. she does come across as intelligent, but not as seasoned in any way, more the opposite in that she often feels like she's really straight up naive when i'm watching her mannerisms.
Pretty much this.