The Expanse

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I don't know why they did that with her hair, her hair is pretty much her defining characteristic in the books.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't know why they did that with her hair, her hair is pretty much her defining characteristic in the books.
Subverting our expectations that she is a female. Its the popular thing to do.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Here's hoping she soul glos that shit for next season.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This is one of the few shows I'll sub to the service to watch in a way that makes it clear that's why I'm subbing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
hopefuly there will be more alien action and not just boring politics

• 3Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I think Naomi actress is attractive, I'm betting others are like me in that me not liking her in that role as much as some of the other characters brings down any potential attraction to her. Drummer is hot as fuck, though.

Her character is weird. Some scenes she'll do a heavy accent, other scenes it's kinda like she forgets.

Partly it's when she's in scenes with other belters when she takes the heavier accent. So maybe they're subtly trying to tell us that Naomi is an oreo.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Her character is weird. Some scenes she'll do a heavy accent, other scenes it's kinda like she forgets.

Partly it's when she's in scenes with other belters when she takes the heavier accent. So maybe they're subtly trying to tell us that Naomi is an oreo.

No, she's just a shitty actor

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I haven't watched any of the star wars movies because they are shit. All of them.

I won't disagree that the crew taking on another protomolecule creature or some of those thingies inside the alien structure would be nice, but it's also not what I watch the show for. The show is very much how humanity struggles to deal with themselves in the face of something so far above them that they are little more than ants.

• 3Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Villian of the season is stretching the premise a bit too thin for me. But it's the same way in the books.

It's still not bad, just starting to fray.

I'm not sure how to fix it realistically. Bookwise it would be a change of pov, but that comes with its own trouble. You can't delve into the protomolocule too deeply, or the precursor civs. That negates the central mystery and threat.

All you can really do is get into the grit of political structures. Which they're trying to do and have an adventure story along the way.

It's not bad, it's just a tough spot in the story. They can extend it forever. But how to keep it interesting.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Drummer is hot as fuck, though.

I don't know how to explain it but at times I look at Drummer and something bout her tickles the pickle. Then I look again or at her real life pics and I'm like man she really isn't hot at all. I can't explain it maybe its something bout the character and/or accent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely Character/Accent/Badassery of Drummer makes her hot IMO.

• 3Like