The Expanse

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know how to explain it but at times I look at Drummer and something bout her tickles the pickle. Then I look again or at her real life pics and I'm like man she really isn't hot at all. I can't explain it maybe its something bout the character and/or accent.

I think she's hot in her real life pics, too. She just does it for me.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think she has a good mix of strong professional woman behind a uniform sexy combined with eyes that look fierce. There's nothing on display but you know it's there, and it taps into your imagination.

Also, she comes across as someone that would pick up a weapon and fight alongside you, which is appealing on a primal level.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Inaros in S5 looks a lot closer to how he's described in the book. Filipito looked a little too tall to me though. Though I dunno why I thought that, he'd be a belter kid and would be tall even at 14, but I imagined him a little shorter in the books.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Inaros in S5 looks a lot closer to how he's described in the book. Filipito looked a little too tall to me though. Though I dunno why I thought that, he'd be a belter kid and would be tall even at 14, but I imagined him a little shorter in the books.

Wait, which one of us FoH people is he role playing as since he’s wearing our symbol?

• 1Worf

khorum

Murder Apologist
Those are unaired spoilers but technically we don't really know what happened to anyone that went through that. I don't think it's positive, but I suspect we'll find out in the next couple books.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, please be mindful of spoilers that haven't aired yet. That's pretty ambiguous, but still. There's always the book thread to discuss stuff in if you want to talk about future stuff from the books.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This is one of the few shows I'll sub to the service to watch in a way that makes it clear that's why I'm subbing.

a bunch of people in this thread were pirating the show still back when it was still on SyFy and i was like "noooooooooooooooo you guys are gonna kill it"

so glad Jeff Bezos owns the world, just for this show, lol

• 1Like

Goatface

rating didn't kill it at syfy, they didn't have long term streaming rights, think they could only stream a show for 2 weeks.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Syfy had rights to first broadcast on cable, Amazon had the US streaming rights and Netflix had the international rights.

Streaming numbers were already dwarfing cable numbers and that wasn't going to change.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I was the first person in this thread to talk about the allure of Drummer. I'm glad i awakened you all to her.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Piracy absolutely hurt SyFy, at least I would assume piracy affects first airing profits disproportionately. Tho maybe the piracy ended up helping in the long run if it's what drove the show into Bezo's loving arms

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Syfy absolutely hurt Syfy with their shitty marketing. It took years for people to even know this was a thing. Even then people were like "lol Syfy", then "wait you were serious about that?"., then "Amazon bought that? Where can I watch it?" :oops:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
Pretty sure I watched the first 2 seasons on Prime and then pirated season 3. Now that Amazon has full control it's not an issue but yeah, SyFy never got any viewership from me. I also haven't had cable since 2014 either so...

• 1Like

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Began the rewatch from S1E01 the other night. Damn this is a good show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
CaraGee-1.jpg

Definitely my kinda thing.

• 7Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users