The Expanse

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yup it is pretty much needed to demonstrate yet again how powerful they had been and what happened to them. My concern is also the FX shots really most of the seasons are done in ships or stations so you can reuse a lot of sets all the time and its fine. But book 4 is going to take some serious sets or FX time do pull off or there would be no point in doing it.

If it is well done, it will define this show as one of the best science fiction shows I've ever seen.

And lets be real...this show had some amazing effects:

1530292209036.png

THAT is a pretty amazing visual to Science Fiction nerds.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Emmys have always ignored good acting in Sci-Fi, but David Strathaim deserves some hardware. Insanely good performance. Amazon will bring back Jared Harris and when those two meet and converse my brain will melt.

Still have one more ep to go. Being on babysitting duty this Summer has killed my tv and gaming.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
With Bezos backing it, I am not too worried about the FX unless they try to throw too many people at it. As long as they let them keep doing what they have been doing, it is gonna be alright/amazing.

• 6Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
With Bezos backing it, I am not too worried about the FX unless they try to throw too many people at it. As long as they let them keep doing what they have been doing, it is gonna be alright/amazing.
There's some buzz that the first passenger module on Blue Origin's New Glenn rocket will be named the Rocinante.

• 5Like
  • 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
someone figured out what the pic i posted above means, its a cat pirate in space!

cYZeP4a.jpg

U9Pc.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I don't wanna sound like a queer or nuthin, but Drummer is so hardcore if she wanted to gear up with a strap-on and go to town on my tight pink balloon knot, out of fear/respect I would probably just melt down to the ground, roll ass up and let her. Wouldn't even try puttin up a fight.

I can't say I'm not also in this camp with you.... Although I hope at least she'd get me drunk first.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
That was an awesome finale. I can see how they definitely tweaked the ending to let it finish off the series if that what was going to be it, but I'm so glad Amazon took it up. I'm a big fan of the books too and really think this show is largely doing them justice. I'm hyped as hell for next season.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity

Ridas

Pay to play forum
"Ok, I`ll need my gun back" had me in tears, when they arrested Naomi. Amos no fuck mode is so goddamn funny.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Wes Chatham is playing him so perfectly. Those little moments where he lights up like a little kid, and is interested in whatever someone is talking about, then he says something like "You know he is dead right?". It is those moments that make his back story all the more tragic.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Awesome finale. But I find it confusing why suddenly powering down everyone's reactors would cause the station to go, "OH my bad, thought you were assholes. Here, let me open up a bunch of Stargates for y'all". It almost seemed like it was a test for humanity and not simply some lost planetary-system killing war machine. Or maybe I missed something somewhere...?

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Awesome finale. But I find it confusing why suddenly powering down everyone's reactors would cause the station to go, "OH my bad, thought you were assholes. Here, let me open up a bunch of Stargates for y'all". It almost seemed like it was a test for humanity and not simply some lost planetary-system killing war machine. Or maybe I missed something somewhere...?

I think that is pretty much the reason for the Miller and Holden monologue at the end.

Maybe I read too much into it, but it sounded like it was Holden saying to Miller..."Look, they may all be fooled into thinking that you just let them go because of their planned action, but that wasn't the deal, was it?"

That their releasal had nothing to do with shutting down engines and everything to do with "Miller" deciding that they were ready to continue as a species.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ladro

Anomaly
Yeah I took it as a test as well, basically prove your worth as a species or be eliminated. Everyone always goes to the kill it with fire solution for things we don't understand so it made sense to test if they could do something differently.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
My take is Miller and the aliens need our corporeal’ness for lack of a better word.

They can still be brought back (the aliens) but they’ll need to manipulate us into doing it the same way we reconnected the network. Farscape touched on this with “Einstein” but never continued the Arc. If you were dead and had a hologram but only a group of talking monkeys it’s not like you’re going to ever be partners or friends if you can convince them to hit the red button and bring you back. And even if they did, you’re still left with a talking monkey. Doesn’t make it more evolved overnight.

It’s a great basis for the next phase of the series.

• 4Like

spronk

FPS noob
I think Miller also basically said while the station was in "high alert" mode, he couldn't do as much as he wanted to. Once the threats in the region were gone, the station moved down a Defcon level and Miller was able to "do more".

He said something similar in a previous episode, when he needed Holden to touch the bridge to activate a bunch of stuff in the station, that proto-Miller by himself wasn't "organic enough".

The idea being that the original builders of the protomolecule and everything else placed organic life at a higher tier than their tools, similar to how we see computers and stuff.

Man its a real bummer now we got a year to wait for this and Westworld, and also fascinating how I have zero interest in talking about or thinking about Westworld but you could spend hours talking about whats going on in the finale of Expanse.

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had no idea this show existed until reading about it here a few days ago. I'm on episode 9 of S1 and HOLY SHIT this show is great.

• 6Like
  • 6Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
I had no idea this show existed until reading about it here a few days ago. I'm on episode 9 of S1 and HOLY SHIT this show is great.

And the most amazing part about this show is that each season is somehow BETTER than the one preceding it. It went from 76% - 95% - 100% (seasons) on RT for example. That said, even season 1 is still fantastic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
I learned about this show during the 2nd season from the forum. I sold it to my wife as Game of Thrones in space, she wasn't a huge fan early on but she's really into it now. She is not what I would call into sci fi, somehow the show is reaching a broader demographic as evidenced by my extremely large sample size of 1.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf