The Expanse

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They also stayed true to the book in casting though. There is no "We need a black woman and a pacific islander and lets recast that super soldier dude into a woman".

I was pretty shocked they managed to get a good casting for an actress to fit bobbi.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
don't remember atm, but did the books say what the martians did drug wise to combat living in low g?

there were bits about belters taking meds for bone growth and stuff and there was also guys on roids (?) in the riots

Marines did both.

Also it was stated that even with the 1g training, Earth was different because it was relentless. There was no break, unlike training where it was temporary.

The guy doing negotiations mentioned it. Then mentioned he was a marine before. And it was still weighing on him after years of being on and off Earth etc.

It's a running theme. The Martians think they can invade. But everyone that ever visits Earth knows they can't.

Also the sky makes them all vomit

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Marines did both.

Also it was stated that even with the 1g training, Earth was different because it was relentless. There was no break, unlike training where it was temporary.

The guy doing negotiations mentioned it. Then mentioned he was a marine before. And it was still weighing on him after years of being on and off Earth etc.

It's a running theme. The Martians think they can invade. But everyone that ever visits Earth knows they can't.

Also the sky makes them all vomit

Still in the end if the martians had been able to control the orbitals around earth invading really would not be necessary. They could demand unconditional surrender or just start dropping rocks till the earth quit. The whole invasion of earth was not a question of taking out the whole thing it was basically planning for drop insertions to capture some specific points.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
The bereavement I feel now having to wait for season 4 of this show is unbearable :(

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The joy that there will be a season 4 and it will come out the same year as GoT's final season brings me hope for good shows in the future.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
If GoT hits around April, which every season did except 7, it should wrap about the same time The Expanse airs assuming they keep the same release schedule they have for seasons 1-3. S1 Dec '15 > S2 Feb '17 > S3 April '18 > S4 June '19?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Keep in mind Game of Thrones season 8 is only six episodes long but will air one episode per week, presumably for 6 consecutive weeks.

The Expanse season 4 will drop all episodes on a single night on amazon prime. We should be getting 4K streaming with HDR as well.

• 2Like

Goatface

they confirm to a season dump?
figured with the investment they would do it like the grand tour with weekly releases

• 1Like

Merrith

Keep in mind Game of Thrones season 8 is only six episodes long but will air one episode per week, presumably for 6 consecutive weeks.

The Expanse season 4 will drop all episodes on a single night on amazon prime. We should be getting 4K streaming with HDR as well.

My body is ready.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
The next book apparently has been delayed to Spring 2019 due to publisher stuff, probably around the same time I imagine the next season drops

show is also up for a people's choice award
How to Vote for The Expanse in E! People’s Choice Awards! | The Expanse Lives

and lastly... Amos used to be a model IRL lol

This is Wes Chatham, who plays Amos Burton on the Expanse.  Who would have thought he used to model (5 images)

P9jWhlJ.jpg

VFPB4iP.jpg

oWYOMc9.jpg

IDqraOu.jpg

xsxwbXo.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Without a beard he looks like the kind of guy who would rape Channing Tatum. With the beard he can kill Chuck Norris.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

The next book apparently has been delayed to Spring 2019 due to publisher stuff, probably around the same time I imagine the next season drops
was a reddit thread with a pic of the production schedule and they were guessing summer at the earliest

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah that article mentioned that the move to Amazon let them include more titties and cursing into the show. But I don't remember much titties and ass by the time the books got to Cibola Burn.

• 1Like

Goatface

here is the pic, apparently the other filming dates were before amazon

Dl76Fq3VsAAC9JC.jpg:orig

supposedly Alex said it wouldn't come out till after san diego comic con (late july)

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yup it is pretty much needed to demonstrate yet again how powerful they had been and what happened to them. My concern is also the FX shots really most of the seasons are done in ships or stations so you can reuse a lot of sets all the time and its fine. But book 4 is going to take some serious sets or FX time do pull off or there would be no point in doing it.

Actually yeah come to think of it, that almost certainly contributed to Syfy cancelling it right before it gets to Cibola Burn.

I'm sure the SyFy execs read the book, realized all the FX shots on the planet, in orbit, underground, and the big events at the end and NOPED the fuck out of the massive budget it would require to film.

• 2Like

Malakriss

The one plus to amazon though is they don't have to fit the season to a television schedule filled with mid-season breaks, holidays, and other interruptions. Releasing the whole season in July is still basically a one year gap between seasons.

• 1Like