The Expanse

Pharazon2

Knight of the Realm
2d 13h 5m
Reactions
246 23 0 0
Keep with it. I tried starting this show a couple times and couldn't get into it, but once it really gets going its very good. Just a slow start.

Del

Molten Core Raider
Reactions
1,234 145 0 0
Season 1 was pretty mediocre imo, but it picks up in season 2, and season 3 was good shit.

Bubbles

<Donors Crew>
26d 13h 19m
Reactions
92,275 48,101 0 0
I hope there's gonna be less politics and more action. I want shit to be blown up and people dying left and right.
Also, they need to have Bobbie do a long sweaty workout scene in every episode. She's by far the best thing in that show. I'd let her hurt me

Xevy

Trakanon Raider
11d 20h 2m
Reactions
1,052 187 0 0
I hope there's gonna be less politics and more action. I want shit to be blown up and people dying left and right.
Also, they need to have Bobbie do a long sweaty workout scene in every episode. She's by far the best thing in that show. I'd let her hurt me
You're into the Asian woman? HOW Weeeeeiirrrdddd!!!!!1!!1

Qhue

<Donors Crew>
10d 16h 57m
Reactions
1,473 1,024 0 0
As others have said, stick with it. Thinking back to the first few episodes it's hard to imagine where the story goes but the whole path is absolutely worth it for all the ways in which it builds out the setting.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
19d 17h 16m
Reactions
5,372 2,033 0 0
Started Season 1, was pissed in the first episode when they killed the one hot chick. By Episode 4 I was laughing that some one must have taken a page from GRRM with all the deaths and when I read one of the writers was the former assistant to GRRM I laughed harder. Think I am on Episode 7, I like it but I don't love it. Tom James is a plus for me, but that hair style...
you are right at the point where it starts getting a lot better. the beginning of season 1 was pretty boring to me. stuck with it, tho, and the first two seasons get progressively better, at almost an exponential rate. might be a little extreme of a suggestion, i suppose, but i think you've gotta give this show at least til Season 2 Episode 5 before you decide you just don't like it. if you get there and aren't pretty blown away then the show just isn't for you.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
<Donors Crew>
23d 14h 39m
Reactions
1,846 127 0 0
The books don't have a lot of 'splosions and fighting if I recall.

So if you're after war in space, you're after a different show.

S3 is definitely the most organized of the 3 so far. S1 was a confusing mess even for me, but it had been a few years since I read the first 2 books.

Sterling

El Presidente
<Donors Crew>
52d 20h 52m
Reactions
1,890 308 0 0
Need to start watching season 3 soon. First 2 seasons were decent if not particularly great. Still feel obligated to support since even decent SciFi shows are uncommon enough that I want the genre to grow/improve.

Qhue

<Donors Crew>
10d 16h 57m
Reactions
1,473 1,024 0 0
You really should as the 4k version is pretty damn nice.

Luthair

Knight of the Realm
10h 45m
Reactions
64 10 0 0
The old ladies voice is too fucked up to be on TV, honestly I want to mute it anytime shes around. Its like she swallowed a frog and is using it to talk with.

Maybe I'm conflating memories from Altered Carbon but I don't remember old rich people on earth being that aging that poorly in the books.

Juvarisx

Florida
<Donors Crew>
12d 6h 9m
Reactions
1,403 73 0 0
The old ladies voice is too fucked up to be on TV, honestly I want to mute it anytime shes around. Its like she swallowed a frog and is using it to talk with.

Maybe I'm conflating memories from Altered Carbon but I don't remember old rich people on earth being that aging that poorly in the books.
She is a pretty ruthless character I like her a lot. As for age, it hasn't been said how old she is but the show did say the average lifespan on Earth was 125 or so so.