The F*** Cancer Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
There is no such thing as an untreatable disease. The cure to viritually every disease that exists is already known but since people care more about profit than human life, these cures remain hidden to those who choose to be wilfully ignorant.
So, what's the cure for MSA then? Or do I have to fork over some cash before you'll tell me?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So, what's the cure for MSA then? Or do I have to fork over some cash before you'll tell me?
Pretty sure it's lots of garlic, I mean it cured his self diagnosed cancer it can cure your MSA also it has a 100% effective rate preventing vampire attacks happening to him as well.

Dunhill

N00b
Just came home from Mexico after two weeks high on coke (like suggested in this thread!) having sex with absolutely stunning latina whores. One of the best experiences I've ever had for sure. Was really expensive though. Fifteen years ago in Venezuela 1 gram cost about a dollar compared to the 100 dollar I had to pay now.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just stopping in to say FUCK CANCER. Last January my mom had pain in her legs and after a visit to the hospital a mass was found in her chest. Fast forward almost a year and she's had surgery to remove lung cancer and is 'cancer free'. The week of Thanksgiving she found out that she is in fact not cancer free. It had spread to her brain in two spots. Prognosis was 3-12 months and now we're hearing maybe just weeks left. She's 64.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
That's sad to hear. After my Mother was diagnosed with a terminal disease, and having watched other family members suffer away, I've come to stop wanting to hear how long they have left total, but how many "good" months/years do they have left. Watching someone waste away for months or years in a hospital bed where they hardly know what's going on, let alone can chat with you or do something they want to do is not how I view the term "living".

Anyway, I hope that most, if not all the remaining time your mother has left can be classified as mostly "good".

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
She passed this morning around 10am. She was at home with many family members present. My sister and I were holding her hands when she went. This is rough...

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
She passed this morning around 10am. She was at home with many family members present. My sister and I were holding her hands when she went. This is rough...
That sucks, sorry for your loss. There's no good advice, everyone gets hit different. Good luck with it all =-/.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Terribly sorry to hear this Ender. It is nice to hear that she was at least at home with family though.

My mother passed away from colon cancer that spread to her brain years later. She was in the hospital at the time so we had quite a bit of family to see her there. I had to go home late that night to get rest but when I got the call I was sad beyond all measure but at the same time I felt relieved that she was no longer suffering. It is very rough. As cliche as it's going to sound all you can do is just take it one day at a time.
frown.png

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Sorry to hear that.

The first year is the worst, it gets better afterwards. Still some things trigger memories years later.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Lumie you've been infracted like 5 or 6 times in this thread, don't force our hands. You have your thread

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
good panel on charlie rose last night on current and future treatments including dealing with it on a molecular level. going to be some big wins in the next 5 years it sounds like as far as invasion and success rates. biggest thing i took from it was steve jobs hearing that if you ever get a diagnosis for yourself or anyone else, immediately get the most aggressive medical treatment available to you. it isn't up onhis siteyet but should be later today.

lumie, you're a fucktwat.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Wife came back from work tonight. Young boy came in with labored breathing to the er. Checked his lungs and could only hear air moving on one side. Took the kid to xray only to find one lung and a kidney infested with tumors. Kid is 5 years old.

Poor kid and poor fucking family. Shit happens every other day but for some reason seems more fucked up having her tell me the story. Going to have to donate some money to st Jude's in the morning.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Going to Dana Farber seeing adult patients does nothing to me. Soon as a child walks by with a bald head and an IV my heart is just crushed.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I moved all of Lumie's BS out of this thread and into his craphole. Next time he posts in here we'll take care of him