The F*** Cancer Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My girlfriends' two very good friends got married 2.5 years ago. They were together for 10 years before they got married. About 3 months after their wedding the husband, Chris, was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma. Around the same time he was diagnosed his mother, who had been fighting breast cancer, went into remission and started down the road to recovery.

Last Feb 15th Chris had a bone marrow transplant that worked and he was declared cancer free.

About a month ago Chris' mother's cancer came back and she was given a very short time to live. She passed away on February 12th. 2 days later Chris', who's immune system never recovered after the transplant, died from complications, on Valentine's day.

Now one of the other young guys they went to college with in that circle of friends informed them he has a tumor in his medulla.

Cancer really is fucked up and that's just way too many people that are too close to have it happen in such short order. Yeah, fuck cancer.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
My girlfriends' two very good friends got married 2.5 years ago. They were together for 10 years before they got married. About 3 months after their wedding the husband, Chris, was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma. Around the same time he was diagnosed his mother, who had been fighting breast cancer, went into remission and started down the road to recovery.

Last Feb 15th Chris had a bone marrow transplant that worked and he was declared cancer free.

About a month ago Chris' mother's cancer came back and she was given a very short time to live. She passed away on February 12th. 2 days later Chris', who's immune system never recovered after the transplant, died from complications, on Valentine's day.

Now one of the other young guys they went to college with in that circle of friends informed them he has a tumor in his medulla.

Cancer really is fucked up and that's just way too many people that are too close to have it happen in such short order. Yeah, fuck cancer.
Are you saying marriage causes cancer?

Dunhill

N00b
After being on the same medicin for six months I suddenly started to loose my hair a few weeks ago. I won't become completely bald, but I only have like thirty percent left now. So I might as well shave off the rest as well. However, I've recieved a requisition for a wig and I figured I might as well use it. I mean why not. It's nice to spend other people's money at least. I could get an awesome 80s mullet if I don't find something I want.

Anyone know anything about male wigs in 2015? Is it a waste of time to get one made?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Know nothing about wigs but I know a fun party trick. Gather a few friends up and say "Watch this!" and proceed to pull clumps of your hair out. It's funny watching the shock on their faces! haha

I embraced my normal balding head bout 5 years ago and just started shaving it clean. If I let it grow I've got a huge bald spot on the top/front that no comb over would ever hope to hide.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Did anyone catch the Vice Special Report on Killing Cancer? Pretty fucking awesome! We just may have the cure soon.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Did anyone catch the Vice Special Report on Killing Cancer? Pretty fucking awesome! We just may have the cure soon.

Yes, unfortunately the results are slightly biased and aren't quite as optimistic as they make it sound. The oncolytic mechanism of attacking cancer has actually been know for quite some time, and has a long way to go before it's actually effective. Don't get me wrong, the recent events depicted in the video are encouraging, but they make it sound like the cure for cancer is just around the corner, and that's simply not true unfortunately.

Could measles cure cancer? Uh, not exactly... - Cancer Research UK - Science blog

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I think only one doctor was optimistic enough to say their research would would be conclude clinical trials and be available by 2016. I got the vibe from the rest that this was the start of something fantastic. So when I say "soon" I mean in my lifetime and hopefully in the next 10-20 years.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Thats not REAL science.

rrr_img_92580.jpg

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Mom may have pancreatitis as a fun complication to her small cell lung cancer and its melange of treatments. Round one was getting sodium levels under control with simultaneous etoposide and carboplatin. Round two was prophylactic radiation to her brain. Round three is a three-arm clinical trial one arm placebo, each other arm has immunotherapy drug or immunotherapy drug combo. Her physical symptoms point toward her receiving the med. Yay receiving the med, boo receiving the med.
Fuck cancer.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sitting at the oncology clinic right now. Girlfriend finished 1 year of immunotherapy treatment, and this is the first full body scan since treatment ended.

Deep breaths.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dunhill

N00b
Got my terminal cancer diagnosis early 2014. Average life expectancy for mCRC is around 24-36 months or so. At l least beat that. But time flies and here we are. At a point where it could be a few months or weeks before I die. I've never been a heavy poster on foh, but I've been around since the noows days and for many years this was the site I visited every day. So for that reason I felt I wanted to say good bye here. I've had tons of fun on this forum and in different mmos over the years playing with many of you people, even though "Dunhill" was never a name I used anywhere.

So yeah, good bye! Good luck all of you with everything you do in life.

/Johan

• 8Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Sorry to hear it Dunhill. I hope you and your loved ones have managed to find peace with your time coming to an end. I hope you enjoy the time you have left to its fullest.