The F*** Cancer Thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Lumie has that 0.1% insurance policy for when you not only still have cancer, but you also have the worst case of garlic breath known to man.
When is Lumie back from the ban? I've got lots of osteoradionecrosis ptt in the HBO tank. Maybe we can do an RCT. Half gets randomized to include Lumie's garlic cure. Maybe we can bring the 99.9% success chance up to 99.99%? For science!

In all seriousness, Lumie should be in the proletariat.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
having your dad be able to stick around a while longer to see his grandkids grow up has me over the moon.
That was the saddest part when my dad died last year, on the day my kid turned 9 months old. He'd be laughing his ass off at the things she pulls now at just over 2 years. I tear up every time she does something really new and think "if only your grandpa could see you doing that".

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
That was the saddest part when my dad died last year, on the day my kid turned 9 months old. He'd be laughing his ass off at the things she pulls now at just over 2 years. I tear up every time she does something really new and think "if only your grandpa could see you doing that".
That's my only regret about not starting a family earlier in life. My parents had me late(they were early 30s) and I didn't start a family until my mid 30s, so now I have a 1 year old and both of my parents are only a few years off from 70. I really hope they are around long enough to see their only grandchild grow up, but the odds aren't good that they'll be around long enough to see him graduate high school.

Now I understand why my mom would make those "so when will I have some grand-kids" comments for years beforehand, your entire outlook on that kind of stuff changes once kids are involved.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
My parents had me late(they were early 30s) and I didn't start a family until my mid 30s
My dad turned 39 thirteen days after I was born.
I turned 39 thirteen days after Marie was born.

Odd, heh.

On the "regret about not starting a family earlier" part - well you just have to wait for the right partner sometimes. I guess I also wasn't ready earlier in life. It's a shame really, but that's just how life goes.

Dunhill

N00b
Takes a lot of balls to talk about it on a forum like this. I really hope I have half the outlook and perspective you do when my time comes.
I don't think I deal with this better than others, but I have no choice. I have to try my best. I read somewhere that all people with a terminal illness go through the same phases. I don't remember all of them, but denial and anger is included. The last one is acceptance which is when you finally are at peace with your situation. I figured I'd skip all of those shitty phases and go directly to acceptance which would then improve the quality of my remaining life. But, it's easy to say it and not so easy to follow through mentally.

I don't think I even opened EP's cancer thread on foh. I never used internet for that depressing, dark stuff. Or at least that's what I would have said before if someone asked me. And here I am now. Don't want to talk to my family or friends because I want to protect them and this shit is just too heavy. Today I got the results from the the xeloda (chemo), avastin (antibody) combination and they aren't working, as in, the size of the mets have increased since my last CT scan three months ago. Reality is creeping closer and I'm sure as hell not feeling at peace right now. In fact, I'm pretty far from being ok. Fuck!

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
Had a bump in my armpit the last 4-5 years. Obviously assumed it was cancer. Yesterday it was bigger than usual and started poking at it. Turns out it was just a big pimple. CANCER FREE feels good man

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
upon googling "difference between a pimple and boil" i still dont really know. I suppose it could have been. It never had a traditional head like a pimlple or boil ever tho. I wish I woulda recorded popping it but I could only use 1 hand to pop it so it was too difficult

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Not cancer, but a very rare, untreatable, degenerative neurological disease (similar to Parkinson's) called Multiple System Athropy, MSA. My Mother was just diagnosed. Now, my Mother is in her early 70s, so she's no young lamb any more, but God damn, I've been an emotional wreck since the news broke (last week). I don't know which is worse, knowing that she has a terminal illness and will die in a few years time, or knowing that this is a slow killer that will slowly rob her of her humanity (like Parkinson's) and I will have to watch her grow feeble. Life can really hurt you sometimes.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
There is no such thing as an untreatable disease. The cure to viritually every disease that exists is already known but since people care more about profit than human life, these cures remain hidden to those who choose to be wilfully ignorant.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I would say that I hope Lumie gets cancer, but he'd just cure himself and make me look stupid. Ugh! How can we beat him?!

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I would say that I hope Lumie gets cancer, but he'd just cure himself and make me look stupid. Ugh! How can we beat him?!
I hope he gets cancer diagnosed by an actual doctor, he might find it harder to cure real cancer than self diagnosed cancer caused by mental illness.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My grandma is going to a hospice with a terminal acute something leukemia diagnosis at the tender young age of 97. I'm pissed, cause our family doesn't have the Centenarian Achievement unlocked and she was our best hope.