The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No I mean she's been sort of a tweener from what I read. Not a villain but she's ran with the wrong crowd a few times.

*edit*

Don't get me wrong, there's a good chance that it's just shitty writing and Sharon has inexplicably been left out in the cold when people like Bucky and Clint get full pardons. Or maybe Cap just sorta forgot about the iron flee... Sharon when he was arranging Bucky's pardon because he's a senile old man now. My position is that until they give us a reason to assume it's just shitty writing, we should look for reasons why it doesn't have to be shitty writing.

Inexplicably left out in the cold? Even when Cap came back to help in the fight against Thanos in Infinity War, they were basically treated like shit by the powers that be and pretty much just had to be like "yeah whatever, we're helping anyways". Not like Sharon went back in time to help bring back half of the population like Clint did.

Really the only glaring issue is Steve basically never trying to find her after the snap happened. Sam and Bucky both got snapped so they wouldn't have had all that time in which to maybe worry about what happened to that random agent Steve kissed one time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
you did a racism if you thought the bald black chick was ...
I guess I did because my first gut reaction was "oh now Wakanda is involved" without thinking of a specific person LoL

But something to think about too is that they need to shoehorn SOME Wakanda stuff in to smooth out Black Panther / Chadwick's untimely demise to make all that make sense continuity-wise. I mean, that is a shitty reality of the MCU right now to deal with...

Surprised to see so many people say they think WandaVision is a better show.
Holy shit, WandaVision so far is waaaay better than this. So much more depth in story, plot twists, visuals, character arcs, etc etc.

I wish Madripoor was real just so I could drive down that bridge... hot damn that was a stellar visual!

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I guess I did because my first gut reaction was "oh now Wakanda is involved" without thinking of a specific person LoL

But something to think about too is that they need to shoehorn SOME Wakanda stuff in to smooth out Black Panther / Chadwick's untimely demise to make all that make sense continuity-wise. I mean, that is a shitty reality of the MCU right now to deal with...
I mean, Zemo killed their King. Of course Wakanda is keeping track of him. Bucky and Falcon even mention that Wakanda will come after him if they break him out.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It isn't Okoye but they've used the actress as one of the Dora Milaje in Civil War, Infinity War, and Black Panther so it's no surprise if she looks familiar. Think she's supposed to be Okoye's second in command or something.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She is the one that told Black Widow "Move or you will be moved" in Civil War.

Ayo of the Dora Milaje appears in Captain America: Civil War, portrayed by Florence Kasumba
Florence Kasumba
reprises her role of Ayo from the MCU films in the The Falcon and the Winter Soldier live-action series episode "Power Broker". She is sent to Latvia to track down Helmut Zemo, only to encounter Bucky Barnes instead.
Surprised Dr Doom lets Wakandan agents run around in his proud country of Latvia.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Latvia is a real country

Latveria is the Marvel country controlled by Dr. Doom

Easy to mix them up though
Rdc6e74f04ed335a8b726a3293c1d4738

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
- Badass Winter Soldier fighting, he's a fucking beast
- Sharon Carter looked totally fine fighting, and I liked that she used weapons primarily. Looked fucking fantastic, actress is great. Excellent choice.
- Of course they had to insult Americans with the "only an American would think you are a pimp"
- Is Baron Zemo a super solider?
- Fucking love having Zemo in there and them working with him. Is there any chance he is redeemed and becomes a good guy, like Nebula?
- It's amazing how good Chris Evans looked as Cap. Downs Cap just looks like such a poser, it's so offputting.
- The "test subject" Dr Nagle referred to, was that Cap or was it the black super soldier that went to jail?

• 2Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
- Badass Winter Soldier fighting, he's a fucking beast
- Sharon Carter looked totally fine fighting, and I liked that she used weapons primarily. Looked fucking fantastic, actress is great. Excellent choice.
- Of course they had to insult Americans with the "only an American would think you are a pimp"
- Is Baron Zemo a super solider?
- Fucking love having Zemo in there and them working with him. Is there any chance he is redeemed and becomes a good guy, like Nebula?
- It's amazing how good Chris Evans looked as Cap. Downs Cap just looks like such a poser, it's so offputting.
- The "test subject" Dr Nagle referred to, was that Cap or was it the black super soldier that went to jail?
Yeah, they were talking about black Cap

Cybsled

Ya, Dr Nagle talks about working with the CIA and they provide him with samples from a test subject, which is heavily implied to be the old dude they visited last episode that was imprisoned and tested on.

Zemo is fun, but I strongly suspect they aren't going to redeem. Bucky gets the pass because he was brainwashed, Nebula gets the pass because aliens. Zemo blew up a building and killed the king of the most advanced nation on the planet, and he knew what he was doing. Him shooting Dr. Nagle shows he is still 100% committed to his vision. He's going to go along with their adventure until the mission is finished, then the show is going to remind you this guy is a dangerous villain.

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
A lot of people are missing the point with the new Downs Cap. You're not supposed to like him. If he seems like a poser and is offputting in the costume, then it was a good casting choice. Even the way they've styled the actor subconsciously makes you feel like he's not right. Evans always looked really put together, but this new dude has day old beard growth and a bad hair cut. That isn't by accident.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
A lot of people are missing the point with the new Downs Cap. You're not supposed to like him. If he seems like a poser and is offputting in the costume, then it was a good casting choice. Even the way they've styled the actor subconsciously makes you feel like he's not right. Evans always looked really put together, but this new dude has day old beard growth and a bad hair cut. That isn't by accident.
Excellent point!

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If Falcon isn't talking to a finacial advisor next episode I'm going to be let down. Maybe he can get a call about his cars extended warranty

• 4Worf

joz123

Potato del Grande
If Falcon isn't talking to a finacial advisor next episode I'm going to be let down. Maybe he can get a call about his cars extended warranty
Falcon doesn't have enough money to buy extended warranty. He has the shitty 1 year limited warranty his used car came with.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Falcon doesn't have enough money to buy extended warranty. He has the shitty 1 year limited warranty his used car came with.

its ok a Prince of Wakanda has promised Falcon's sister $30m if she just wires him a small deposit of $20k to cover Wakandan transfer fees and tiny spy ball replacement fees

also Falcon paid $100k for his jet pack Dealer undercoating which is ironic since he never seems to actually use his wings. He probably leases them from Stark Corporation too.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Would have been way funnier to have someone calling Falcon for his cars extended warranty.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
We're going deep undercover, don't forget to leave your cell phone on! Would have been funny to see someone call WS and have him pull out his flip phone too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users