The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So it was SJW bullshit after all. Good call Gavin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
you did a racism if you thought the bald black chick was general okoye, black panthers right hand general in the MCU movies - she's the one who is grasping black panthers hand when he disappears in the Infinity War snap. its not her

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
you did a racism if you thought the bald black chick was general okoye, black panthers right hand general in the MCU movies - she's the one who is grasping black panthers hand when he disappears in the Infinity War snap. its not her

lol I definitely thought it was her

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The idea rodgers just left her hanging after civil war is just fucking stupid and shit writing.

Wasn't Rodgers basically hiding out in Wakanda with Bucky after Civil War? He was basically being treated the same as Sharon was, what could he have done for her?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So he makes out with her after he gets his stuff, ditches her instead of having her join the team? Seems like something he would do. It's shitty writing to try and fit a square into a circle.

Merrith

So he makes out with her after he gets his stuff, ditches her instead of having her join the team? Seems like something he would do. It's shitty writing to try and fit a square into a circle.

Join the team? Like have her fight against Iron Man and company? Seems...not a good idea. Afterwards they both were essentially on the run.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After civil war he doesn't get back with her, maybe they don't let white girls into wakanda? Just him and Bucky.

Merrith

After civil war he doesn't get back with her, maybe they don't let white girls into wakanda? Just him and Bucky.

I was kind of assuming he pretty much just hit the prison to release the rest of his "team", then just took Bucky straight to Wakanda. Not a whole lot of time to be like "hey, I'm basically considered a traitor, but could you pardon this other person you also consider a traitor"...or find wherever she went to ground to bring her along with.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Blaming Steve? She worked under Fury, why isn't he getting flack then?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
So they can pardon a sleeper weapon, but not an agent doing the same thing her aunt did (not following orders), who happens to be one of the best agents of all time and a hero?

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She didn't work for Fury, SHIELD was already disbanded at that point. She worked for US intelligence (I think the CIA?) when she went rogue and stole the wings and shield. She's been on the run for at least 7 years at this point (Hulk snaps everyone back in 2023) so that's a lot of time to be bitter about getting burned for doing the right thing.

I mean Clint went full on serial killer during the snapped years and he's still free and clear post-blip, so maybe instead of assuming shitty writing, assume Sharon isn't completely on the level about what she's been up to since 2016. Like maybe she's telling Sam 'yeah get me that pardon' knowing full well she'll never get it. From a quick search it looks like the comic book version of the character has gotten into some serious shit over the years.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She didn't work for Fury, SHIELD was already disbanded at that point. She worked for US intelligence (I think the CIA?) when she went rogue and stole the wings and shield. She's been on the run for at least 7 years at this point (Hulk snaps everyone back in 2023) so that's a lot of time to be bitter about getting burned for doing the right thing.

I mean Clint went full on serial killer during the snapped years and he's still free and clear post-blip, so maybe instead of assuming shitty writing, assume Sharon isn't completely on the level about what she's been up to since 2016. Like maybe she's telling Sam 'yeah get me that pardon' knowing full well she'll never get it. From a quick search it looks like the comic book version of the character has gotten into some serious shit over the years.
I'm thinking she's up to something, but i dont think She's with Hydra. if she's the Power Broker and behind the Flag Smashers, but somehow not with Hydra, then........... maybe thats possible?

• 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sharron carter isn't bad, think he just meant she's gone through a lot in the comics

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sharron carter isn't bad, think he just meant she's gone through a lot in the comics
No I mean she's been sort of a tweener from what I read. Not a villain but she's ran with the wrong crowd a few times.

*edit*

Don't get me wrong, there's a good chance that it's just shitty writing and Sharon has inexplicably been left out in the cold when people like Bucky and Clint get full pardons. Or maybe Cap just sorta forgot about the iron flee... Sharon when he was arranging Bucky's pardon because he's a senile old man now. My position is that until they give us a reason to assume it's just shitty writing, we should look for reasons why it doesn't have to be shitty writing.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Decent episode. Nothing obligate that pissed me off. The Cyberpunk environment building was cool.

Who the fuck shot that old lady? Carter's team? Why were they immediately tagged with a bounty?

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's also the scope though. WandaVision felt small which contributed to the CW effect. At least this feels like a Marvel movie

WandaVision had a few weeks of "oh shit! Things are about to get crazy!" before they ultimately didn't. I'm guessing people are letting that skew their memory

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Decent episode. Nothing obligate that pissed me off. The Cyberpunk environment building was cool.

Who the fuck shot that old lady? Carter's team? Why were they immediately tagged with a bounty?
yeah Carter shot her soon as she said "kill them" i mean we dont see that, but she's right there to take them away.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users