The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so let's say he was mid 20's when he got put on ice. he was thawed out around 2010 or so. endgame takes place in like 2025 so that would put him at, let's say 40. at that point he went BACK to the 40's and lived his life with peggy until 2025 again when he gave the shield to sam. from 1945 to 2025 is 80 years, which would put him at 120. obviously give or take because we don't know how old he was when he got frozen, and we don't know exactly what year he went back to when he stayed with peggy.
oh yeah that stupid 5 year thing. i was going by the timeline from 2011 to 2018

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
oh yeah that stupid 5 year thing. i was going by the timeline from 2011 to 2018
yeah, i think a lot of people forget that because the movies PRETTY much line up with real world dates, right up until endgame where it jumps 5 years.

but yeah, that's why i pointed out isiah bradley is like 100 or so, probably a little older? he didn't get the serum 15 years later than cap, but cap got an extra 15 years or so of life due to wibbly wobbly timey whimey

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, i think a lot of people forget that because the movies PRETTY much line up with real world dates, right up until endgame where it jumps 5 years.

but yeah, that's why i pointed out isiah bradley is like 100 or so, probably a little older? he didn't get the serum 15 years later than cap, but cap got an extra 15 years or so of life due to wibbly wobbly timey whimey
yeah, i was calculating that cap was say for example 25 in 1945 when presumably he went into the ice. that would make him born in 1920 which if he goes back in time to when he left, he would be 98 by Infinity war. then you add 5 years for 2023, then five years for 2023 again. then add 7 years he was thawed. that makes him about 116 give or take a few years. yeah he's old as fuck no matter how you slice it.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I just caught up on this show. Zemo is a villain, right? Because I found myself cheering him on at every step. He's the only one worth a damn and doing what needs to be done.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just caught up on this show. Zemo is a villain, right? Because I found myself cheering him on at every step. He's the only one worth a damn and doing what needs to be done.
zemo is enjoyable to watch simply because bruhl knocks it out of the park. the character itself is pretty standard fare. though i guess that's sort of subtle criticism of the show. there isn't much NEW ground. i mean i guess it's new in terms of the MCU, but it's covering character arcs that are like 30 years old so comic fans don't have much to really talk about. there's not really anything INTERESTING going on. like, the actors are all doing a great job and the set pieces and editing are all pretty good but there's nothing REALLY going on. at least with wandavision every episode was a headscratcher that encouraged water cooler type conversations. the only thing to talk about with this show is who the power broker is and captain racism.

all that being said, sebastian stan is pretty quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. he is KILLING it as bucky. the perfect amount of muted sarcasm and self-loathing mixed with ice in his veins when he's staring someone down.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Wandavision was setup from the getgo to be more of a mystery, though, so naturally people will have more theorycrafting.

This show is pretty straight forward like you pointed out, but at its core, the show is more centered on the development of Sam and Bucky. Show summed up is "Cap's 2 best friends learn to try to get out from his shadow and come into their own"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
unknown.png

/sigh

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I absolutely cannot wait to see best value captain america and his MS paint shield next episode

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I wasn't that bothered by this episode as folks here were. I would behave a lot like Sam did talking to the old man. It's like listening to my dad. OK, you old timey racist. So stuck in his ways. Say your peace, then I'm gonna do whatever the fuck I was gonna do anyway.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
lol apparently the huge reveal in this episode was that JLD is joining the MCU as a new big baddie, that Countess chick is big in the comics i guess. She was originally supposed to make her bow in Black Widow movie, wonder if she's still in it

i love julia l dreyfuss and everything she has ever done but that was distracting, all I could think about was how much better Falcon and Winter Soldier would be if George and Kramer were there to argue with Zemo and Falcon about everything. George could get into a huge rant about tipping and per diems while they are in Europe
At the very least, she probably just shows up like she did here, recruiting.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Calling it now before someone turns the "Cap is Back!" poster to say, "Cap is Black!"

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What a fucking drop off a cliff after a mostly promising start. Even my wife was ready to cancel sub halfway through Mackeys pity party BLM commercial.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am going to take an unpopular stance. This shit doesn't bother me. I am enjoying this. Zemo is great. Bucky is great. Is it a 10/10? No. Compared to 90% of the shit on TV, its better though. A segment of our population see the world this way. Just like a segment of our population saw the world as it was portrayed in Leave it to Beaver. They were wrong too.

I honestly tagged this a win as soon as it gave us the Zemo dance.

Edit: forgot to add that when I first saw Wyatt Russel I was like "are you kidding me? Nepotism hire ". I was wrong, dude is killing it in this role.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users