The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Money talks. Marvel would backup the truck for them. There’s just no project for them to work on right now.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Why didn't anyone tell me Thor already faced Zemo in the movie Rush, years ago? (I'm sure we did, but for whatever reason I had ignored it)

Fucking Netflix.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ome

Molten Core Raider
You guys bringing up the whole Cap in the alternate timeline got me thinking about the new What If series coming out. No idea if this has already been mentioned but does anyone think some of these What Ifs might answer some of our alternate timeline questions. Like the What If trailer shows Peggy Carter as some version of a super soldier. Maybe Cap teams up with her and they have adventures together. What If the Cap at the end of Endgame is not our version of Steve Rogers.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This was great, just so much of it felt really heavy handed.

End credit scene at: 44:50 (meh)

Sharon Carter as a bad is not interesting at all to me. Guessing she'll end up being a Skrull in Secret Invasion and/or part of the bad guys faction (Hammer/Hydra?) in Armor Wars.

US Agent costume was pretty spot on, looking forward to seeing more of that character.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This was great, just so much of it felt really heavy handed.

End credit scene at: 44:50 (meh)

Sharon Carter as a bad is not interesting at all to me. Guessing she'll end up being a Skrull in Secret Invasion and/or part of the bad guys faction (Hammer/Hydra?) in Armor Wars.

US Agent costume was pretty spot on, looking forward to seeing more of that character.

Yeah I enjoyed the last episode.

That Zemo look to the camera was fucking gold

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Did Bubba Shrimp make it to next shrimping season?

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
I want to start off by saying I did like the show, over all had a lot of fun moments... BUT

I find it hilarious that at the finale of Endgame you have what is essentially a Jim Crow era Steve Rodgers decide on meritocracy that yea my buddy Sam is the best dude to carry on my legacy which I think is a pretty good moral. Now Marvel feels compelled to give us a nice little 6 episode show all about how no, in fact it is because Sam has the least privilege of the other characters he deserves to carry the shield. I mean no serum, poor background, I mean the avenger had to beg at a bank after all.....

Sterling

El Presidente
Most of it was good. That speech Sam gave to the politicians was dialed up to 11 though, holy shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want to start off by saying I did like the show, over all had a lot of fun moments... BUT

I find it hilarious that at the finale of Endgame you have what is essentially a Jim Crow era Steve Rodgers decide on meritocracy that yea my buddy Sam is the best dude to carry on my legacy which I think is a pretty good moral. Now Marvel feels compelled to give us a nice little 6 episode show all about how no, in fact it is because Sam has the least privilege of the other characters he deserves to carry the shield. I mean no serum, poor background, I mean the avenger had to beg at a bank after all.....

I hadn't thought of this but, yeah, really good point.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Pretty meh finale. Fast forwarded through a decent chunk of it. Basically all of the moral platitude portions.

Some real bad scenes in this too, including the final fight between Sam and Karli. Sam finds his friend shot on the floor with Karli pointing a gun at her and he's just like "I'm not gonna fight you". Then Karli has a gun pointed at him and Sharon Carter shoots her to save him and he looks at her like "how dare you". Just... what?

• 1Salty

Qhue

Trump's Staff
John Walker needs therapy... he needs like ALL the therapy. That boy is nutters (and yet Wyatt Russell killed it as the character so I'm happy)

So will they now have a season of Captain America and the Winter Soldier?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really enjoyed this episode. Great action and a lot of heart. The speech was a bit over the top. Wasn’t a big fan of the suit, so much white made it an eyesore.

• 1Like

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most of it was good. That speech Sam gave to the politicians was dialed up to 11 though, holy shit.

every Chris Evan's spoke as Cap, it was just natural and spot on. up to 11 is very accurate for Sam's speech, but I appreciate them trying. I dug the episode and think the season was great. some things to nit pick on, but not enough to dislike the show.

called it, but easy prediction i guess
Falcon spent so much time talking to the old due, why a black man can never carry the shield. i'm gonna bet his new wings are red white & blue.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When did Sharon get so fucking chunky? I swear to god she put on like 20 pounds between her debut episode and this one. She practically had jowls.

• 3Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There may have been some time as part of the plot shifts they did a year after the original production.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
liked the Isiah Bradley story the most all said and done.

power broker stuff - full on retarded

overall, not that good at all, to much just flat out horrible writing to overcome the good parts

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The series overall is decidedly "meh" and living on capital accrued during the movies' run. These Showrunners they hired for the new series are ass and Marvel's topical SJW approach isn't going to stand the test of time.
-" I know people out there hate me" as Black Captain America? WTF? I guess in this world, Michael Jordan, the Cosby Show, President Obama, and 40+ years of racial and media integration never took place and its still 1979. Very Few People* give a shit in 2021 what color Captain America is (*Very few White people care if Captain America is Black, let me say) and way fewer people give a damn than are praying to hate white people.
-The monologuing after saving the GRC folks was the worst and completely out of place to occur on the street live on TV. The Sharon/Batroc/Karli scene was out of an overheated NBC detective drama.
-Sharon's villain turn is weird and unexplained, given that she lived her whole life as a good guy, and then because she had to go on the run for doing the **right thing** she is suddenly going to become an amoral murdering crime lord? WWE explains heel turns better than that.
-The effort to slow-boil Karli's radicalization and "humanize" her was poorly done, I thought. It just seem haphazard, and the group dynamics felt forced.

-Mackie does a good job, I think, and I always like him onscreen, even saying bullshit lines. Wish it had been a crawfish boil at the end, rather than some kind of grill.
-Stan/Bucky's story in this is good, even though he is really the B story here it's well done.
-Bruhl/Zemo killed it with his time, and I am super glad they seem to be prepping for a bigger future for him.

The Isiah Bradley "parable" I get but sweet mother could you be more heavy handed. Again, its not 1980. It's like some of these people didn't experience the last 40 years and are just waking up expecting "the Jeffersons" to just be breaking new ground. "Archie Bunker" isn't holding a mirror up to American Society any more, either, FFS.

This whole series: "Hey , you know what's bad? RAYYYCISM. AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE. THEY HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT. ITS A STRUGGLE. ALSO IMMIGRANTS ARE GOOD AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM YOU ARE BAD."
Got it, Chief.

Edit: Whitney Russell actually ended up doing a great job, and completely delivered on the promise of his hiring. I thought his performance was terrific and the story delivered a somewhat redemetive arc for him, so kudos there as well. It was satisfying in that regard, at least.
Edit2: And the list minute double twist of Hydra2/Zemo killing the captured Super Soldiers after using the catchphrase: Its like M.Night, but TWICE. DOUBLE-TWIST. /sigh. The next trend. Double-Twist endings: We subvert the subversion of audience expectations. You haven't even seen the final form of our trump card!

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users