The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Cybsled

Sam saying people might hate me was also directed to people with a similar mentality to Isiah, if you recall his conversations with Sam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty meh finale. Fast forwarded through a decent chunk of it. Basically all of the moral platitude portions.

Some real bad scenes in this too, including the final fight between Sam and Karli. Sam finds his friend shot on the floor with Karli pointing a gun at her and he's just like "I'm not gonna fight you". Then Karli has a gun pointed at him and Sharon Carter shoots her to save him and he looks at her like "how dare you". Just... what?

Not even sure Carter shot Karli so much to save Sam, more to get rid of the only other person who knew she was the Power Broker

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Finale was extremely open ended to the point that it makes you wonder if the follow up will be another season, or a movie?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this episode was the hot garbage cherry on top of the hot garbage cake season. the only thing i was able to enjoy without throwing up was Zemo who stole the entire show and he did what these faggots were too chickenshit to do. he's so badass he had his butler take out the remaining fag smashers. i have no problem with nucap becoming US Agent. he should have been that from the beginning. Captain America is a goddamned joke. token normie pretending to be something he never will be.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Still amazed that the Mouse and their multi fucking billion dollar Marvel arm cannot find 6 hours of good story, plot, and acting.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah pretty meh finale. You could tell they went backwards from Sam giving his little speech and built the season around that. I liked the speech, it was good but everything around it was terrible. The Flag Smashers and Karli were awful, awful, awful villains. Probably the worst MCU villains to date. Literally child retards with no plan.

"So imma kidnap a bunch of politicians, then drive this truck into the river killing a few and THAT will get me everything I want!"
"why don't you just kill all of them when you take over the UN building?"
"... shut up"

Agent Carter was meh, also really dumb plans "now I can get government secrets! muhahaha!!!" is Inspector Gadget level villainy but I guess its a tiny step above Karli.

Fight scenes were pretty crappy, french dude was crappy, new suit is cool, Sam has bizarre levels of power - on call from govt agents, able to stroll into any SWAT situation, and can introduce a new museum wing in a week but can't get a bank loan. It checks out.

this article says there are currently two possible Captain America movies in development, one with Mackey as Captain America but weirdly another one with Steve Rogers reprising Captain America. Maybe going through what he did returning the infinity gems?

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Finale was alright. His speech was definitely over the top. Basically said we should consider terrorists points before judging them. Makes sense about 10% of the time. I liked the arc of him and Isaiah. I'm sad there was no Cap on the moon with Fury at the end (you know that shit is happening). Suit is like 1:1 comic suit for FalCap, but it's a little too garish. I get it though, because Cap's early suits in the movies looked too comic-ee until they started toning them down and then they looked pretty great.

Power Broker reveal is dumb. It just doesn't jive with that character. If they were a Power Broker for vigilante justice that'd be one thing, but it seems they're just in it for literal power and money.

I really, REALLY hope Val heads the Thunderbolts and she's the fucking Dar Adal of Marvel to Nick Fury's Saul Berenson (both from Homeland). Nick's all intel and ops and nobody gets hurt! And Val is "okay, kill all the bad guys quickly please."

Also Bucky's line after Sam's big speech pretty much shows that SOME of the writers at least know how ridiculous some of this shit sounds. They're like putting up this moral front and then being like "yeah, we know it's too much *wink*".

The best thing this show brought us honestly was JLD to MCU though. Selena Myers is one of the best characters in television and give her an army of superheroes and I cannot fucking wait to see what happens.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Agent Carter was meh, also really dumb plans "now I can get government secrets! muhahaha!!!" is Inspector Gadget level villainy but I guess its a tiny step above Karli.
when i jokingly suggested that maybe she was the Power Broker, i said that because i figured they wouldnt be so fucking stupid to do something like that. it turns out, YES they are that fucking stupid. they set this up like a mystery when it was only ever Carter as a candidate. they never did introduce a red herring in episode 4. they waited til ep 5 to introduce Elaine, and she didnt fit the bill. i was most disappointed in how they just let Bucky walk in Sam's shadow for most of this and Sam was never a major player due to his non enhanced ass and lame flying suit.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still want to know how Karli and all her ramshackle army were suddenly these nimble martial artist fuckers. I get that they got dosed up but even Cap had to train and learn to fight. These guys are spinning around and fly-kicking like Bruce Lee on acid. I mean, Karli is barely out of nappies.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I still want to know how Karli and all her ramshackle army were suddenly these nimble martial artist fuckers. I get that they got dosed up but even Cap had to train and learn to fight. These guys are spinning around and fly-kicking like Bruce Lee on acid. I mean, Karli is barely out of nappies.
how did she and all her homies get from Europe to the US? or Sharon? did they all charter a flight together? arent the police looking for one or all of them?

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I would have preferred this show if it was just Bucky doing some hybrid of My Name Is Earl and Kung Fu.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Power Broker stuff was dumb as shit, and as someone earlier said, I have zero interest in her doing literally anything villain related. I like her as a character and actress, but in the role she played before, not as some dollar store villain. Even if she were to hire the Thunderbolts or Deadpool or anyone, I still wouldn't give a shit that it was her doing it. Seems like someone desperately wanted to give her something to do in the future? Except, I can't even imagine that panning out, as which characters are going to get thrown up against a D-tier villain like her?

I liked a lot of the action though. That scene where Falcon threw the shield into the helicopter and then rocketed in after it to yoink the pilot was awesome. Totally unrealistic, but awesome. Bucky was good, but I would have liked to see him go full-on Winter Soldier, like just beating down 4 of the Fag Smashers brutally and decisively, sort of like, "I've been doing this a long time assholes. None of you are shit."

I cringed a bit at parts of the speech from Sam, but I did appreciate that at least when he said, "Who else is in the room when you make these decisions? More people like you, that's who," at least he was looking at the old brown woman for that part, as I fully expected them to target the "straight white male" like every SJW in existence does. At least that toned it down a little and mostly just meant "rich people/politicians that have no idea what normal life is like." So that speech definitely could have been worse.

Overall I thought the season was decent. Mackie was pretty good, to be fair. He didn't kill it like Stan and Bruhl, but he didn't detract from my experience, personally. The Fag Smashers were turrible. US Agent looked great at the end, and Russell gave a great performance. I've never watched Veep, and never watched much Seinfeld either and the little I did I never really cared for JLD, but she can definitely be fun in the future. Speaking of that, Sharon Carter is completely out-classed in terms of any future excitement compared to JLD, even if I like Carter's actress more. It's just...who gives a shit about a former SHIELD agent that now does illegal stuff? I really don't get that, much less why she merited a mid-credits scene. That's honestly worse than the Thor: The Dark World one with the monster chasing the birds. Less interesting at least.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Carter was The Broker???

1619216949853.png

That makes no sense at all. I figured that might be the direction but was hoping it was not. The show felt like television. It had some good moments but was a bit heavy handed and boring at times. I still do not understand how "Black"(Sigh) Falcon can seem super strong at times and yet actually only be human strong. I guess his new suit augmented his strength. So he is now a combination of Captain America and Iron Man. That is fine I suppose.

I liked Wanda Vision a bit more.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fight scenes were pretty crappy, french dude was crappy, new suit is cool, Sam has bizarre levels of power - on call from govt agents, able to stroll into any SWAT situation, and can introduce a new museum wing in a week but can't get a bank loan. It checks out.

Yeah I'm going to guess after he's officially accepted as Cap, the bank loan thing was no big deal. Seemed like all fun and games at the BBQ scene, with no worries on the horizon for them.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm not too bothered about Sharon Carter as Power Broker. It kind of feels against the character, but she's probably going to end up being a Skrull or something. All I know is that with the Power Broker comes the possibility of:

DennisDunphyDman.gif

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, for me, the one bright spot out of the show was JLD setting up Walker as USAgent(suit looked awesome) and seemingly teasing Thunderbolts team since Zemo is now in the Raft. MCU take on TBolts would be interesting, bit more dark edged than most of their stuff...but schedule seems pretty full for the next couple years, so could be long way off.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, for me, the one bright spot out of the show was JLD setting up Walker as USAgent(suit looked awesome) and seemingly teasing Thunderbolts team since Zemo is now in the Raft. MCU take on TBolts would be interesting, bit more dark edged than most of their stuff...but schedule seems pretty full for the next couple years, so could be long way off.
100% Thunderbolts will be a Disney+ series. Same with Young Avengers most likely.

• 1Like