The Fall 2019 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
OK, I'm looking for some recommendations:

I just finished and loved all 3 of these:

Goblin Slayer
Demon Slayer
My Hero Academia

I've previously watched:

Ghost in the Shell
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Castlevania
Sword Art Online (first 2 or 3 seasons, started getting meh and I gave up)

What else should I check out?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Hunter x Hunter
The Irregular at Magic High School
Re:ZERO
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop

There's more specific lists by genres and niche stuff as you find out your tastes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just finished book #1 "Infancy Period". Really enjoyed it. I look forward to starting book 2 tomorrow.
Completed book 2 "Home Teacher" last night. That light was powerful. Book 3 is off to a decent start.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hunter x Hunter
The Irregular at Magic High School
Re:ZERO
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop

There's more specific lists by genres and niche stuff as you find out your tastes.
You Lie in April
Welcome to the Ballroom
Haikyuu!
Samurai Champloo
Gundam Build Fighters

I'll think of more later.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
OK, I'm looking for some recommendations:

I just finished and loved all 3 of these:

Goblin Slayer
Demon Slayer
My Hero Academia

I've previously watched:

Ghost in the Shell
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Castlevania
Sword Art Online (first 2 or 3 seasons, started getting meh and I gave up)

I'd say Seirei no Moribito (because of GitS and all the fantasy stuff) and Black Lagoon (because GitS / Goblin Slayer)

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
hunter x hunter for sure. Must watch imo.

I'd add iron blooded orphans to the pile. Also fate:zero and fate stay night. Start with zero.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Shokugeki no Soma! 4th season is happening now, but the first 3 seasons are magical.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Completed book 2 "Home Teacher" last night. That light was powerful. Book 3 is off to a decent start.
Looks like I'm really cruising now. Book 3 "Adventurer" is now done, and about to begin book 4.

• 1Like

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Malakriss Malakriss : I grabbed Hunter x Hunter, The Irregular at Magic High School, and Re:ZERO. Code Geass didn't look like something I would be into, and I tried Cowboy Bebop, but it wasn't for me.

Xarpolis Xarpolis : I appreciate the suggestions, but most of them didn't see right for me - Shokugeki no Soma! looks batshit in a good way though, I'll definitely check that one out at least. Thank you for trying, and I'll let you know.

Gurgeh Gurgeh : both of those look interesting, I'm going to get through the ones I got from Malakriss and then check them out.

@Bragon: in addition to Hunter x Hunter, I grabbed Fate: Zero.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and explain the suggestions - I really appreciate it all!

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm thoroughly enjoying Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered But Overly Cautious. Finally a new take on the OP isekai story.

edit: Another one - this one from Netflix. "Beastars" Furry Furry , have you seen this? :p Actually pretty good story.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Xarpolis Xarpolis I'm loving Shokugeki no Soma! Really great suggestion - Soma has me dying with his recipes!

giphy.gif

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm thoroughly enjoying Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered But Overly Cautious. Finally a new take on the OP isekai story.

It's pretty funny - I reckon the townspeople would prefer getting overrun by monsters to being 'rescued' by him.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Started watching My Hero Academia a few days ago after I finished Assassination Classroom and now i'm all caught up and sad that I can't keep binging on it and don't really know what to watch now while I wait for new episodes of stuff. It's hard for me to skim through the lists of shows on crunchyroll and tell if i'd like something. Maybe I should try to force myself to get past episode 200ish of One Piece...

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay I about died watching Demon School. The forbidden human texts are First Love mangas hidden in a secret library.

Fucking lol.

Shinchi Yuusha also continues to deliver. In a mere 3 days Seiya turns the Goddess of War from a creepy swordmaster into a typical anime girl.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't buy figures, but I just stumbled across this one, and thought it was pretty awesome.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Looks like I'm really cruising now. Book 3 "Adventurer" is now done, and about to begin book 4.
And now Book 4 "Voyage" is complete as well. I'm enjoying this series. Lots of things happening. I hope they're able to tie it all together at some point. Otherwise it'll be like Game of Thrones or something.
I also went and re-watched the video that Malakriss Malakriss linked early last page. I now recognize everything shown. Good stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It's pretty funny - I reckon the townspeople would prefer getting overrun by monsters to being 'rescued' by him.

Super interesting new take on the isekai...

Supposedly, Seiya had already been reincarnated in a new world and was premature in fighting the demon lord. . Seiya before he died, wrote on his palm to always be cautious. Now being reincarnated, he is super cautious.

• 1Like