The Fast Food Thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, all nuts, seeds and a lot of raw veggies.

Bowel/Auto Immune disease. I can't digest them well and then my immune system forgets my lower intestine was there the day before and treats it as a foreign body for up to a week.

The hardest to deal with is popcorn. Its my favorite snack and when i go to the movies I go for it and let my body flip the coin on if it'll rip me apart. Some things are still worth it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Bowel/Auto Immune disease. I can't digest them well and then my immune system forgets my lower intestine was there the day before and treats it as a foreign body for up to a week.

The hardest to deal with is popcorn. Its my favorite snack and when i go to the movies I go for it and let my body flip the coin on if it'll rip me apart. Some things are still worth it.

Oh fuck me, I really, really hope I don't have Crohn's but that description is hitting close to home with some stuff I've always blamed on my bowel malrotation. [Especially since the entire concept of an endoscopy/colonoscopy scares the shit out of me]

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i know crohns affect ppl differently, my friend would only eat the popcorn i popped, it was amish popcorn if that mattered, popped in a skillet w/ coconut oil only, no butter. he'd pick out the kernals, he'd get two bowls, one w/ popcorn and an empty one for the kernals, lol. also nuts w/ no skin was ok. I remember cuz one time he really wanted cracker jacks(the box w/ the toy), and we all opened up a box and sifted through each nut and made sure the peanuts didn't have the skin on em.

did not look appetizing, but whatever.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Oh fuck me, I really, really hope I don't have Crohn's but that description is hitting close to home with some stuff I've always blamed on my bowel malrotation. [Especially since the entire concept of an endoscopy/colonoscopy scares the shit out of me]

Mine is really bad, I've been told for a long time I should have my lower intestine removed and have a stoma/bag put in but I don't want to do that. So I deal with things.

If I keep a tight reign on my diet I go in and out of remission about every 4-5 weeks. It'll last for 2-10 days and during that time I'm taking pain killers and would prefer to curl into a fetal position the whole time but I can't so I power though it best I can. I've had to go in a few times when I was passing so much blood I had to go in and have some things cauterized (this is pretty rare). I get polyps removed once or twice a year.

It hits everyone different. One reason I refuse to go the bag route is because my mom has had hers travel up and actually go into her throat. I could get all that shit removed and still have to deal with that so I just refuse.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
i know crohns affect ppl differently, my friend would only eat the popcorn i popped, it was amish popcorn if that mattered, popped in a skillet w/ coconut oil only, no butter. he'd pick out the kernals, he'd get two bowls, one w/ popcorn and an empty one for the kernals, lol. also nuts w/ no skin was ok. I remember cuz one time he really wanted cracker jacks(the box w/ the toy), and we all opened up a box and sifted through each nut and made sure the peanuts didn't have the skin on em.

did not look appetizing, but whatever.

Yeah my mom sucks on popcorn and then spits it out, shits disgusting. LoL

Sometimes things get me, sometimes they don't. If its been a long time since I've enjoyed something that I know could bite me, I'll walk that line. Usually its worth it, I'm human and I like shit too and I refuse to let my condition totally control my life.

• 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sonic Introduces New Dunked Ultimate Chicken Sandwich | Brand Eating

Sonic-Dunked-Chicken-Sandwich-Bourbon-BBQ.jpg

That looks good. I wish I had a Sonic around here.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
looks like a round McRib. What am I missing?

Also...am I the only one that thinks Sonics food is garbage? I just go there for drinks.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No we have this discussion all the time. It is generally agreed upon that the only good Sonic items are beverages and tater tots.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Are people aware of / using the McDonalds app? I installed the thing on my phone ages ago and since its tied into the notifications I end up tapping on it idly now and then but I've only ever used it once. I've noticed a steady increase in the value of the offers that the thing serves up that I suspect may be tied to how often you open up the app and yet don't use any of the offers. I suspect this may get a lot more traction when they roll out app-based ordering at more locations. Even when I swing by the South Station McDs for a fry-fix I never think to bother with pulling out the phone and mentioning I have a 'coupon'.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i do the chik fil a app, mainly cuz it's super busy all the time, wait time after ordering is 10mins, w/ app its like 1min.

Crone

Are people aware of / using the McDonalds app? I installed the thing on my phone ages ago and since its tied into the notifications I end up tapping on it idly now and then but I've only ever used it once. I've noticed a steady increase in the value of the offers that the thing serves up that I suspect may be tied to how often you open up the app and yet don't use any of the offers. I suspect this may get a lot more traction when they roll out app-based ordering at more locations. Even when I swing by the South Station McDs for a fry-fix I never think to bother with pulling out the phone and mentioning I have a 'coupon'.
Whether good or not is up for debate, but 2 of my kids are happy meal fiends. I use the app all the time.

Most of the time, due to the limits they have on number of coupons you can use in 1 order, I'll park and go inside. Most of the time they'll have a B1G1 on Happy Meals, and the same on sandwiches. Then the wife likes their All Day Breakfast items, and most often will have a coupon for that too. Always have to get a manager to come approve the order, because the system won't allow that many successive charges on the same CC!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I do wonder if the McDs are really gonna be ready for a nationwide roll-out of online ordering in the near term as they have said they are. Even the corporate owned McDs around here don't have the capability yet and I can't imagine the franchises being excited at the infrastructure / workflow change.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm surprised that not all McD's locations support the app. Even mine in BFE (only McDs for like 30 miles) has it. Hm.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That Arby's sandwich looks great, I'm still grumpy about the loss of the italian sandwich from the menu.

Vaclav

That Arby's sandwich looks great, I'm still grumpy about the loss of the italian sandwich from the menu.

Must be a locality thing, ours still has Loaded Italian - and even removed the "Limited Time Only" from it.

Vaclav

Hell, if you're feeling gluttonous ours even has the Mt. Italy...

Arby's | Mount Italy

Looks amazing, but I've tried a Meat Mountain before and couldn't even hurt a quarter of it (while hurting my jaw from the necessary attempt to be a boa constrictor), so I know the fates already on it for me.

• 1Like