The Fast Food Thread

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
These really need to come in a larger size. Under 5 ounces takes more willpower than I can muster to not decimate the whole bag within minutes.

cdb80934-24cd-474f-8f0b-2a5a59bc9cbd_1.9cf6f285d34d5d0e9b15bad15ce41b97.jpeg

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
These really need to come in a larger size. Under 5 ounces takes more willpower than I can muster to not decimate the whole bag within minutes.

Not seen those, will have to keep an eye out - never had a dipped cashew, but I love both components - definitely curious if I'd appreciate them together.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I mean, shit, Alex has a sense of humor about people giving him shit. You didn't need to jump in and white Knight for him. It's part of why I pick on him -- I try to only pick on people I know can take a joke. So now I know to never pick on Ritley.

Xevy

Log Wizard
On Vacay in North Carolina. Went to Chik Fil A because I am with my old fucking parents. Place had, I'm not exaggerating, 30 kids under 8. What the fuck. Got two spicy deluxes, they forgot one and I had to go up and tell them. $4 each isn't too bad, but I'd rather pay $5 each for BKs new chicken sandwich. I don't get people's love affair with this place.

• 2Supertaster
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
CFA is rolling out family meals in select locations, but I am confused about the price. I guess they are targeting KFC with bad deal mega packs. 4 breasts or 30 nuggets, 2 sides and 8 mini rolls for $29.99?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean, shit, Alex has a sense of humor about people giving him shit. You didn't need to jump in and white Knight for him. It's part of why I pick on him -- I try to only pick on people I know can take a joke. So now I know to never pick on Ritley.

But what about me, I'm such a sensitive soul - I've been torn up over that for days now.

• 1Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Splurged and got this.
As standalone chip dip, lackluster. Certainly nowhere near Moe's.
But it's been good with eggs and as ingredient for homemade Alfredo.

IMG_20170720_174014883.jpg

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I dunno what sauce they put on this but it was freaken delicious. I would drink whatever sauce was on it by the bottle. I don't like eggplant or zucchini but I couldn't really taste them, I mostly tasted bell peppers, and everything was crunchy, which is the main reason I don't like zucchini, the mushiness.

product.png

• 1Solidarity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Jesus those look so good. Kind of glad I've never noticed them in a store, I'd probably be addicted.

I think the ratio on those is probably perfect, as compared to these things which I absolutely love and have only found on Amazon, but have a bit more chocolate per nut than is ideal in my opinion. Still, dark chocolate and pistachio is pretty much heaven on earth.

Amazon.com : NESTLE Damak Dark Chocolate with Pistachios, 2.82 Ounce (6 Bars) : Grocery & Gourmet Food

• 1Supertaster

Royal

Those cashews have quite a bit of chocolate on them as well (more than the packaging indicates). Honestly they would probably be even better if the cashews were salted when they were roasted but they rely on the sea salt suspended in the chocolate to give them their saltiness, which they have a fair amount of. The size of the salt crystals gives them a nice texture but I think the flavor would be just a little better with some salt on the cashews themselves. Still, they're quite good as they are. They have a milk chocolate version as well but the salt flavor plays better with the dark imo.

• 1Quality Calories

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Those cashews have quite a bit of chocolate on them as well (more than the packaging indicates). Honestly they would probably be even better if the cashews were salted when they were roasted but they rely on the sea salt suspended in the chocolate to give them their saltiness, which they have a fair amount of. The size of the salt crystals gives them a nice texture but I think the flavor would be just a little better with some salt on the cashews themselves. Still, they're quite good as they are. They have a milk chocolate version as well but the salt flavor plays better with the dark imo.
seasoning is always done at the end b/c it is the final product and no other process to contaminate. If they were to salt the naked nut before the enrobing process (the waterfall of chocolate coating)
hqdefault.jpg

eventually one sea salt particle would fall off, then another and another, and since the process continually reuses the chocolate waterfall, eventually the waterfall would be a salty mess. I mean of course you don't use an enrober for nuts, they probably just quick dip, theory is the same.

• 1Like

Royal

Yeah I've watched enough episodes of How It's Made to understand why they don't do it I just think they'd taste a little better if they did.

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Probably would be an easy enough thing to make at home with your own ingredients

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
this thread is gross as fuck. how has it survived for 5+ years?

• 7Supertaster
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Have any of you eaten the dark chocolate coconut almonds by Edward Marc, chocolatier?
I made it all the way through Costco without a single item of "junk" food in my cart...on my way to checkout...two rows and home free, until sweet little blue hair asks if I want a sample and I succumb. So glad I did. I have given a lot of the contents of the giant bag to others and I keep the remainder in the extra fridge so I keep temptation limited.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Costco, and possibly until the 28th if same in other states. Has these dark chocolate almonds..... WITH COCONUT. Like amazing little mounds balls. And I found a handful of cashews with even just a single coconut ball is enough to flavor and make the whole mouthful amazing.

• 1Solidarity