The Fast Food Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Taquerias are great because they're comparable in price to Taco Bell for much better food. Also can't beat the fact that they're open like 6am-4am.

Keep in mind that while they are plentiful in CA/TX/NM/AZ/ETC. That isn't the case for our more Northern friends.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Oh yes. Being a native Ohioan I understand the extreme lack of quality cheap Mexican in many other portions of the country.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh yes. Being a native Ohioan I understand the extreme lack of quality cheap Mexican in many other portions of the country.

There are no less than 9 taquerias/taco trucks within 3 miles of my house here in Austin. I don't know how I'd survive without them!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Luckily I live in an area where the Mexican population is very big due to all the fruit grown here which means lots of quality Mexican food. I'd miss it so much if I moved and had none

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've never been able to get over the initial revulsion factor to try a McGriddle. It just seems so completely alien...

mcgriddles are honestly pretty fucking gross

and this is coming from a guy that likes mcdonalds more than the average person

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I was out with the girl I'm dating last night, and we were discussing where to grab dinner. I suggested Taco Bell and she laughed like I was joking and that it was hilarious I'd suggest such a shitty place for dinner. I played along like yeah lol who eats at Taco Bell haha but I was really sad on the inside. :(
dump her.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Just go to some taqueria and she'll be all over it. This place around here is actually tasty as fuck. The prices aren't even bad.

- Torchy's Tacos

I love some quality tacos, but I don't go to Taco Bell for shitty standard tacos. I go to Taco Bell for all the awesome fast food creations they serve, which you can't get at actual taco joints.

Might as well break it off now, you clearly have nothing in common.

The thing is, she's perfectly happy with me being fat. I'll just have to go to Taco Bell secretly on my own time.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I never quite understood the thinking when you say you like Taco Bell and someone recommends some Mexican place. Taco Bell is hardly Mexican food. It just tastes fuckin good.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just go to some taqueria and she'll be all over it. This place around here is actually tasty as fuck. The prices aren't even bad.

- Torchy's Tacos

I cannot get down on this place, I tried it a few times but nothing has ever made me want to go back.

I had some crazy taco that was a special one time and it was great, no idea what it was called.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
they do make the best Cheesy Gordita Crunches in the fast food world

• 1Quality Calories

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The box deal seems dumb. Why would you ever do anything but 2 sammy. Other options are ONLY 3 chicken tenders and crap sides. Or lose a sammy for only 4 onion rings and unless they upgraded theirs are crap iirc... Or final bad option an overpriced hot dog, something i think should always be a do at home unless it's cheap and loaded with unusual topping out like a huge wild game brat.

View attachment 159304

The box with a double cheeseburger and a spicy chicken with fries a drink and a cookie for $5 is a decent deal if you're looking for something cheap and not super hungry. The rest of them are either pants on head retarded, or kids meals. Idk if the cookie's heated before it gets put in the box, but it does pick up a fair amount of warmth from everything else in the box at the very least.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I cannot get down on this place, I tried it a few times but nothing has ever made me want to go back.

I had some crazy taco that was a special one time and it was great, no idea what it was called.

Do you have Taco Deli up there too?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The box with a double cheeseburger and a spicy chicken with fries a drink and a cookie for $5 is a decent deal if you're looking for something cheap and not super hungry. The rest of them are either pants on head retarded, or kids meals. Idk if the cookie's heated before it gets put in the box, but it does pick up a fair amount of warmth from everything else in the box at the very least.
That was my point, insane to choose anything else. Had it tonight. Very filling and nice, wish fries a bit saltier. Cookie for what its worth while room temp was pretty tasty. Though I'm sure it's got a soda worth of sugar in it.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm a slave to coupons sometimes. gave McD's buttermilk tenders another go. still shit. like folks did the best they could. they were fresh. crisp. etc. couldn't ask for anything more on cook's end. the product is just bad. the flavor and meat texture (chicken planks) is all off.
signature sauce for some reason costs .35 when using app. so i ordered bbq and then asked for signature at the desk.
wasn't worth the hassle, because that stuff is ass. i dunno man, maybe i got burned out on Arby's Cravin Sauce, ( I acquired 32 oz of it) because anything remotely like it makes me feel kinda sick (McD's signature; Zaxby's Zax)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I tried Arby's Buffalo Chicken Tenders the other day. That's a lot of buffalo sauce, not that that bothers me. I thought they were pretty tasty.

maxresdefault.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Buffalo sauce is one of the greatest condiments known to man. I use that shit on almost everything. Sandwiches, pizza sauce, breakfast scrambles, chili, as a dip for most fried foods. So versatile.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So a few years ago I moved to Massachusetts and shortly thereafter had Taco Bell for the first time in several years. I was digusted by the stuff in a way that made me very sad. I figured 'eh maybe my taste buds have changed or my memory of Taco Bells flavor doesn't match the reality'. Periodically I would get a craving and go back only to be repulsed anew.

Flash forward to a few weeks ago when I was travelling and, having missed reasonable dinner hours, needed grub on the go. Swung into a Taco Bell in Indiana and ordered a quesadilla meal as the quesadilla has been the least fucked up option when I had tried Taco Bell the last few years. With the meal comes a single plain taco which I've often left largely uneaten as they taste similar to a microwaved-yet-undercooked blob of meat and corn. I nevertheless unwrap the thing and find myself staring at an actual crisp shelled taco with fresh lettuce finely shredded cheese and tons of meat...but the shell isn't soaked through and it doesn't have a faintly metallic smell to it. I take a bite and proceed to wolf the thing down without even taking a moment to add hot sauce. It's like a mortar shell went off in my memories and recollections of years long past and loving Taco Bell returns. I ended up going back several times during the trip and each time savoring the experience.

So it would seem that the regional supply chain makes a huge difference in the quality of what should be completely uniform corporate foodstuffs. I suspect this is also why some people swear by a given fast food joint and can't comprehend why people would prefer a different place. This goes beyond just general preferences...the taco Bell in New England tastes like garbage compared to the one I had in Indiana.

• 1Quality Calories

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Interesting. Are you saying that some fast food places vary in quality by location? I wonder if this applies to Wendy's as well.

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users