The Fast Food Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I used to put buffalo sauce on steak tips. Don't knock it til you try it. Agree it's the greatest condiment known to man

Xevy

Log Wizard
Dollar stacked wrap or whatever from Taco Bell is very worth the dollar. I'd get 2-3 and you'll be set. With a large Baja blast, naturally. They taste kind of like when I make homemade nachos from leftover taco meat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Had a QuikTrip holiday cookie shake, pretty good for $2. Tastes like a snickerdoodle cookie in shake form

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Had a QuikTrip holiday cookie shake, pretty good for $2. Tastes like a snickerdoodle cookie in shake form

QT coffee shakes are probably my favorite fast food shakes. Damn good for being so cheap and far superior to most. Chik-Fil-A's coffee shakes a few years ago were pretty damn good too.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the McDonald's app hit a new level of awesomeness this week. "get a free sandwich with any purchase of $1 or more." as far as i could tell, you could get any sandwich on the menu with the coupon. i just got an artisinal pico guacamole burger and a medium fry for $2.

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've never before felt compelled to game app coupons before, but i think i'm going to try app cloning to do that coupon again this week.

• 1Worf

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
QT coffee shakes are probably my favorite fast food shakes. Damn good for being so cheap and far superior to most. Chik-Fil-A's coffee shakes a few years ago were pretty damn good too.

No QT around here. I personally love the Moolatte shakes from DQ

• 1Quality Calories

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've never before felt compelled to game app coupons before, but i think i'm going to try app cloning to do that coupon again this week.

i did just this^. ordered a Double Quarter Pounder Deluxe w/ Cheese, a medium fry, and a large Dr. Pepper (no ice). opened the box and they only gave me a single, so i called and complained and will be getting a free double deluxe next time i go.

total value of the two sandwiches -- $10.60. money spent - $3.17.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Their app crashed like twice/refused to load pickup screens when I arrived to try online ordering for first time. $1 large fry and a bacon double. (Saving the $1 big sammich with something else for tommorow when I'm off early and won't ruin my dinner hiding it from my wife.)

Most places I have a go to that is better quality than others, but I'm having trouble finding a mcdonalds that isnt a piece of shit for employee's. Nice remodeled ones, yet long lines, or even with short lines, usually walking into someone yelling about waiting 30 minutes for an order theyve fucked up twice. Think I might have to try the one that was good years ago even if it's like 5minutes extra out of my way home.

• 1Like

Sludig

Oh, and unrelated and I refuse to go to the super taster thread.

Made purple mashed potatoes last night. Trying roasted later tonight. I'd have them decade ago at the Broadmoore and liked them. Kings now has them in little expensive bags. ($4-5 for probably like 30 smaller than red potato ugly purple taters) Definately a different taste, kinda sweet and almost nutty, couldnt place what it reminded me off, maybe some of the grain/nut based little cold breakfast soups I get from asian markets.

Suprisingly, very very picky eater wife loved them so I may have started an expensive trend. She wants to use a ton with our next prime rib pot roast which I feel kinda a waste.

Sludig

That kind of post is perfect for the Cooking Thread. That's exactly what that thread is.
This thread has had even recently other food derails. Not going to put recipies out when it's mashed/roast taters, it's like the quick homemade fast food.

• 1Picard

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i didn't mind that post being here, but you probably would get more discussion on it in the cooking thread.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Oh, and unrelated and I refuse to go to the super taster thread.

Made purple mashed potatoes last night. Trying roasted later tonight. I'd have them decade ago at the Broadmoore and liked them. Kings now has them in little expensive bags. ($4-5 for probably like 30 smaller than red potato ugly purple taters) Definately a different taste, kinda sweet and almost nutty, couldnt place what it reminded me off, maybe some of the grain/nut based little cold breakfast soups I get from asian markets.

Suprisingly, very very picky eater wife loved them so I may have started an expensive trend. She wants to use a ton with our next prime rib pot roast which I feel kinda a waste.

Wasn't battered, deep fried, and handed to me by a greasy high school kid. Would not bang.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Wasn't battered, deep fried, and handed to me by a greasy high school kid. Would not bang.

Actually does make me curious about french frying them now. Though I'm still a sucker for a fresh crispy salty mcdonalds fry. It was the main factor luring me in today and 6 hours later I'm still thirsty.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Purple potatoes tend to be waxy which doesn't make them great for frying. You want potatoes with a high starch amount. Really Russet is the best for fries. But like I said, take it to the Cooking Thread because you'll get much more discussion. There are Cooking Thread people that would never look at this thread.