The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Wendy's promoting their app. Currently offering a buy 1 get 1 spicy chicken sandwich.

Apps are the new store bonus cards. It used to be that you had to carry a million fucking cards to get deals at every store you shopped at. Now that garbage has just migrated to apps. At least apps don't take up physical space, but still annoying. JUST GIVE ME YOUR BEST DEAL WITHOUT ANY CARD, APP, OR OTHER GOTCHA SHIT. I'll purchase your goods every damn time. If I need to download an app for every god damn deal I'm just going to stop shopping at those places.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DUnno, found them kinda bland/meh. Good value though. I'm ashamed I can't even remember that last good $1 item they had like 6 months back. Everyone here loved it, but it died in like less than a month. I suspect because it ate into regular sales so badly. (Some kinda tasty burrito thing)

At least here, I'm finding I kinda like the mcdonalds chicken tenders in a school cafeteria kinda way. They almost remind me of the best peices of kfc as far as the breading, the meat almost having this... not chewy since that sounds bad, but this kinda different texture and I actually like it...... at $1 a peice a bit overpriced, especially today when one of the 2 I got was like not much longer than a fucking mcnugget.

I was going to get the free quac pico crispy chicken but got scared of the unknown quality of their quac etc and got the bbq bacon quarter pounder on fancy bun. Was ok, but what I'd consider a $3 burger which they charge $5.50 for if I didnt have app.

I might go back to my go-to of spicy chicken, fries, and if I'm fat that day some mcnuggets or maybe these newer tenders.

I think what I crave on their value menu is more like wendys etc, some kinda "classic" with not shredded lettuce and tomato. I did enjoy my bacon mcdouble with mayo added. Might splurge the 40 cents for tomato next time too.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
DUnno, found them kinda bland/meh. Good value though. I'm ashamed I can't even remember that last good $1 item they had like 6 months back. Everyone here loved it, but it died in like less than a month. I suspect because it ate into regular sales so badly. (Some kinda tasty burrito thing)

the "taco burrito" maybe? basically all the fixings of a taco supreme but wrapped up in a burrito. was really good for $1, definitely better than the stacker.

my favorite $1 special last year were the Double Stacked Tacos, which will be coming back again this year.

I was going to get the free quac pico crispy chicken but got scared of the unknown quality of their quac etc and got the bbq bacon quarter pounder on fancy bun. Was ok, but what I'd consider a $3 burger which they charge $5.50 for if I didnt have app.

at least at my McDonald's, the guacamole is actually surprisingly good. real chunks of avocado left in it, almost makes me wonder if they make it fresh in house every day like Chipotle/Qdoba do. leaps better than Taco Bell guacamole.

my only complaint with the pico guacamole sandwiches at McDonald's is that they're really messy. eating it in the car is a really bad idea.

McCheese

McCheese McCheese , i realized the other day that we didn't get many updates from you on how your pasta pass treated you this past year.

I used it 8 or 9 times, enough to break even basically. I had a real problem getting good service so it started to become demoralizing. I averaged 3 to 4 bowls per trip, with my highest being 6 or 7. The toppings were meh, and I generally stick to sausage even though that isn't the most cost effective on. It is the tastiest.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
C6097GNV0AAG4bz.jpg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
the "taco burrito" maybe? basically all the fixings of a taco supreme but wrapped up in a burrito. was really good for $1, definitely better than the stacker.

my favorite $1 special last year were the Double Stacked Tacos, which will be coming back again this year.

at least at my McDonald's, the guacamole is actually surprisingly good. real chunks of avocado left in it, almost makes me wonder if they make it fresh in house every day like Chipotle/Qdoba do. leaps better than Taco Bell guacamole.

my only complaint with the pico guacamole sandwiches at McDonald's is that they're really messy. eating it in the car is a really bad idea.

The $1 potato burrito they had was the best. Bring that back!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The cheesy potato burrito is still a menu item around here but it's like $2.79 now or something and it's not worth it at that price.

It's still an item here too and I do pay that price plus extra for spicy ranch to dip it in. But yeah I'm a little thing so I prefer 2 smaller cheaper ones than one giant one that leaves me bloated. I can set aside an extra burrito but I'm not stopping mid burrito even to spare my future self

• 1Quality Calories

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i did just this^. ordered a Double Quarter Pounder Deluxe w/ Cheese, a medium fry, and a large Dr. Pepper (no ice). opened the box and they only gave me a single, so i called and complained and will be getting a free double deluxe next time i go.

so i went back for my replacement burger, and they told me "we don't have a Double Quarter Pounder Deluxe on the menu." well, the app let me order it, so uh... "you have to take that up with corporate, we don't control the app."

so they decided to be nice and do a special one for me, rang it up as a Double Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese minus pickles add lettuce, tomato, and mayo.

got home and opened the box, and it was a single. again.

i was in a grumpy mood anyway, so i decided to be that guy and call the corporate 800 number and complain. at the very least i had to tell them bout the app offering menu items they don't make, so others in the future don't go through this hullabaloo that i've been through. guy took down my complaint and my information, but didn't offer any recompense for the confusion.

i'm usually not that guy, but i really wanted a Double Quarter Pounder Deluxe! i know it's not that different than normal McDonald's burgers, but i've never had one and it sounds fucking delicious.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

The new official Super Bowl chip. They are basically a hotter version of Spicy Sweet Chilli Doritos with less sweet.

Good party chip.

1F7A3DBC-B90F-4ECB-B9CA-4BA55065C1B5.jpeg

McCheese

I hope I can find a store around me that carries them. I tend to have trouble finding Doritos flavors other than Nacho Cheese, Spicy Nacho, and Cool Ranch.

I decided to go old school for lunch today and ate a few bags of Flaming Hot Funyuns. So damn good. Sometimes you just want a classic.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Did the McD app shit one of you suggested earlier.. Double Quarter Pounder and an Ice Tea $1.07 fuck yeah.

• 1Quality Calories

McCheese

Fuck just realized I got neon red funyun dust all over my pea coat.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Did the McD app shit one of you suggested earlier.. Double Quarter Pounder and an Ice Tea $1.07 fuck yeah.

if you use an app cloning app like Multiple Accounts you can use the coupon over and over again (once for each Google account you make)

i'm only like 1/32nd jewish so i only cloned it once.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users