The Fast Food Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
so i went back for my replacement burger, and they told me "we don't have a Double Quarter Pounder Deluxe on the menu." well, the app let me order it, so uh... "you have to take that up with corporate, we don't control the app."

so they decided to be nice and do a special one for me, rang it up as a Double Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese minus pickles add lettuce, tomato, and mayo.

got home and opened the box, and it was a single. again.

i was in a grumpy mood anyway, so i decided to be that guy and call the corporate 800 number and complain. at the very least i had to tell them bout the app offering menu items they don't make, so others in the future don't go through this hullabaloo that i've been through. guy took down my complaint and my information, but didn't offer any recompense for the confusion.

i'm usually not that guy, but i really wanted a Double Quarter Pounder Deluxe! i know it's not that different than normal McDonald's burgers, but i've never had one and it sounds fucking delicious.

We don't have those on our menu either, but I just order a double quarter pounder and add lettuce and tomato. Not much of a mayo person for burgers. They will probably charge you for the tomato and it would probably still be cheaper by a few cents than if they had it on the actual menu.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
So I arrived home, poured a rum on ice to drink and ate a half pound of bacon and a mango...that also was fast food.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Time for science:
I tried the new stacker at Taco Bell.
What is it? a 1$ quesadilla without sauce that is folded over on itself and grilled shut. The fold creates heartier bites - and that's good, but it also creates 3-4 bites of guaranteed only shell.
5/10 - it was fine. but i'd still do $1 quesadilla instead; I rate that 6/10.
The $5 stacker box seems like a complete jip and I didn't try it.

Last edited:

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

The new official Super Bowl chip. They are basically a hotter version of Spicy Sweet Chilli Doritos with less sweet.

Good party chip.

View attachment 159890

Gave these a try. You nailed the description of the taste. They definitely had a nice bit of heat to them, too.

My one complaint is that I cut the roof of my mouth on a particularly jagged one.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I had Shake Shack for the first time the other day. Got the Smoke Shack with bacon and cherry peppers. It's very legit. But I think In N Out edges it out - especially when it comes to price.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gave these a try. You nailed the description of the taste. They definitely had a nice bit of heat to them, too.

My one complaint is that I cut the roof of my mouth on a particularly jagged one.
Mt. Dew Ice is gross. it's like Sierra Mist - too seltzer harsh and needs cutting
On a side note: I first saw Dew Ice in can and thought it was alcoholic until I saw the liter bottles for $1

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean Sprite, 7up, and Sierra Mist are all interchangeable to me. Mtn Dew Ice wasn't any better or worse than the others, but it has caffeine. I think that will be the main reason people may switch over to it.

• 1Supertaster

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mtn Dew Ice hits me the same way the Throwback does - which I like - alot less syrupy. I can't stand regular Dew because it kind of lingers on my pallet (not so for some of the alt flavors though), Ice is smooth enough that I'm happy with it, just like Throwback.

Now that said if I was blindfolded with both, I doubt I'd be able to distinguish them - I like it, but it brings nothing new to the table.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Mt. Dew Ice is gross. it's like Sierra Mist - too seltzer harsh and needs cutting
On a side note: I first saw Dew Ice in can and thought it was alcoholic until I saw the liter bottles for $1

I only tried the chips. I haven't tried the Mountain Dew Ice. Generally I don't drink non-diet sodas because it's too many calories.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I returned to Taco Bell this morning
Two $1 quesadillas, beef then chicken
Extra sauce
Large Baja Blast
Baja Blast is nectar from the gods, but that jalapeno ranch isn't too far behind. I might be able to eat bowl of it like it was chowder.

As far as quesadillas went, shredded chicken texture combated the rest of the dish, making beef superior.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mtn Dew Ice hits me the same way the Throwback does - which I like - alot less syrupy. I can't stand regular Dew because it kind of lingers on my pallet (not so for some of the alt flavors though), Ice is smooth enough that I'm happy with it, just like Throwback.

Now that said if I was blindfolded with both, I doubt I'd be able to distinguish them - I like it, but it brings nothing new to the table.
To me Sierra Mist and Dew Ice are like Seltzer water while Sprite is like a clear Pepsi.
The former are harsh and I can't drink them without cutting with water or juice etc
7-Up and Slice are very close to Sprite however.

I don't need to mention Fresca or Vernors

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Conefed Conefed

Vernor’s Ginger Ale is god teir.

I just wrecked this entire bag while reading all of your wonderful food posts.

835695FD-869E-4325-80D3-EC2F1BD4F307.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users