The Fast Food Thread

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Taco John's has been doing this for decades.

348s.jpg
Potato ole seasoning is also miles in front of taco Bell. Once in a rare while when i happen by one I'll order just a big cup of them. When i worked at a combo one with good times in college. I bet they had 25% inventory loss on them from the employees scarfing them all shift.

I even got a bag of the seasoning to use at home.

Semi related. Good times juicy burgers? After grilling they are held up to 30 mins in a steam table pan full of melted beef tallow. Order your burger during peak time and whole thing is dripping as the workers don't have much time to shake drain the pairedp before dropping on bun.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I bet they had 25% inventory loss on them from the employees scarfing them all shift.

Ha, when I worked at Steak n Shake in high school we used to do that with chicken tenders and chili. We even had a basket in the fryer dedicated to employee tenders.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Nacho fries very underwhelming, but for $1 well worth it just for the cheese sauce. Slather that bitch on your other items when you've finished your 12 fries.

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I woke up and felt like a king today. There was only one place that I could go.

King Size
Bacon King
Large Onion Rings
Large Fry (wife)
Crispy chicken ( wife)
Large Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper

Bacon King Jr for later tonight when I’m leveling my cleric in Seb.

B2822880-A4A4-4109-B7B6-816B28A74497.jpeg

• 7Quality Calories
Reactions: 6 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had the fries today too. I liked them. Definately kinda "fluffy", forget last time ive had fries like that, kinda the cheap fluffy fries were fairly good plain. Honestly paired with a spicy tater taco, I think that will be my $2 snack now that they raped my beefy 5 layer price. (Keep fry cheese for the taco and just the fries as is)

For a $1 it is pretty good. I think the $$$ items it falls apart despite not trying them. The smothered fries just seems like a mexican chili cheese fry, and seeing as I've never liked their nachos that much, feel like on the fries it's a waste and kinda unbalancing that how cheap it is to produce vs what I'm paying equation of jew-ery. (IE I'd rather pay $1 for a large mcdonalds fry and a 80 cent can of Hormel chili.
I noticed my taco bell had a new crave box. drink, nachos, taco, and cheesy gordita crunch were all the same but instead of a burrito Supreme it was a beefy 5 layer, and the price was $5.39 I believe. I'm so happy!

• 1Quality Calories

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I noticed my taco bell had a new crave box. drink, nachos, taco, and cheesy gordita crunch were all the same but instead of a burrito Supreme it was a beefy 5 layer, and the price was $5.39 I believe. I'm so happy!

They've been running that box for a few months. Such a good deal. That meal probably caused me to gain 5 lbs since they added it.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

King Size
Bacon King
Large Onion Rings
Large Fry (wife)
Crispy chicken ( wife)

Now that is an impressive meal sir. Even McCheese would be proud.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Arbys has a Nashville hot fish sandwich. It was actually pretty good. The piece of fish they gave me was huge too. Not sure if it was an anomaly or the standard size.

I wishing i could grab some of that seasoning and throw it on a double filet o fish.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard

King Size
Bacon King
Large Onion Rings
Large Fry (wife)
Crispy chicken ( wife)

View attachment 160479

Prepare for the onion ring/zesty sauce farts. They are their own monster.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They've been running that box for a few months. Such a good deal. That meal probably caused me to gain 5 lbs since they added it.
Must of missed it then? The swap from a burrito supreme to the beefy 5 layer was a smart move. I should correct, that they also swapped nachos for the cinnamon twists, but I've asked them to give me nachos multiple times and they always do at no charge.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
As for the pizza roll discussion, I broke my diet and got some for science tonight. The Totino's instructions for pepperoni pizza rolls say to cook at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes if cooking half the bag. The sweet spot for my oven is to cook them for 6 and a half minutes at 450 instead. The rolls are fully cooked, there is no bursting or filling loss, and you barely have to let them stand to cool before safe consumption. You may have to play around with that for your own oven but as you can see the instructions given by Totino's are garbage and following them will lead to grief, sorrow, and much filling loss.

Last edited:
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Must of missed it then? The swap from a burrito supreme to the beefy 5 layer was a smart move. I should correct, that they also swapped nachos for the cinnamon twists, but I've asked them to give me nachos multiple times and they always do at no charge.

God, that cravings box put some pounds on my fat ass, but the value is just so fucking good.

• 1Quality Calories

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

yeah i missed it for a long time at first too. then i googled and its been nationwide for awhile. exact box you describe.

no advertisement for it at my Taco Bell apart from a lone square tacked on to the bottom of the menu.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The best thing about Taco Bell, for me, is that I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off when I don't get a meal.

I don't drink anything but water, coffee and booze so I pretty much never want to get a meal when I get fast food because the drink will go to waste. That leaves me with terrible options at most fast food places unless I want to order from the value menu (which is fine sometimes) or overpay for a regular menu item. Not at Taco Bell though. There I can order almost any menu item by itself and never feel like I'm being ripped off.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'd say SOME of Taco Bell's price points are a little high, but way less egregious compared to the other fast food places. I got two cheesy gordita crunches and it was like 7 dollars. That's a lot and should be closer to 5 dollars, but then you can go to Wendy's and get two spicy chicken sandwiches for like $11 so it could always be worse. And obviously you can stick to the lower tiers, but sometimes I just want two filling items instead of 5 smaller items. Especially when I'm eating that shit while driving and fucking decorating my car interior with shredded lettuce and cheese.

• 1Solidarity

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
The Bacon King is probably my all-time favorite fast food burger. It’s always awesome. I love me some Dairy Queen double cheese’s, but Bacon King is the king.