The Fast Food Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Sometimes I think I can tell but last time I took one of those "What kind of Asian is this?" online quizzes I did terribly.

When I was in California I once looked at yelp for a ramen/sushi place that I liked and I was surprised to see a bunch of negative reviews (from Japanese people I assume) because the owners were Korean selling Japanese food.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Even some Asians can't tell each other apart. My fiance is Filipino. We were on a cruise and she starts talking to one of the crew in Filipino and he's like, "I'm Indonesian". I have never let her live that down.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Even some Asians can't tell each other apart. My fiance is Filipino. We were on a cruise and she starts talking to one of the crew in Filipino and he's like, "I'm Indonesian". I have never let her live that down.
Indos are bottom tier
Indonesian woman imprisoned after complaining mosque is too loud
Funny aside, my organization recently went to a US-China conference/trade show and we set up a booth to advertise ourselves. We brought a big banner that had our logo and a stock image of an Asian person on it smiling. Turns out all the Chinese at the conference got salty because we had a Korean on our banner and not a Chinese.
lemme see, i'll give a rating of 1 to 10,
1 being kim jong fuck
10 ching chong
Sometimes I think I can tell but last time I took one of those "What kind of Asian is this?" online quizzes I did terribly.

When I was in California I once looked at yelp for a ramen/sushi place that I liked and I was surprised to see a bunch of negative reviews (from Japanese people I assume) because the owners were Korean selling Japanese food.
was it a ramen shop/bar in ktown or jtown?

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Asians are the most racist people in the world. It's kind of funny.
for a few years my wife has been confused w/ her friend at work...
5'1 petite asian, long black hair
5'1 chubbier mexican, shoulder length hair, w/ glasses

my wife is asian looking as fuck, i've even admitted i thought she was korean, her friend is mexican as fuck, she could take a cardboard box and be at a DACA rally at the drop of a dime.
my wife is allergic to the sun and pale as a fucking geisha, her friend looks like a crispy empanada

even then they were confused for another, at least once a month.

white ppl have ethnic blindness, you ask them who is the rang rang or the wetback
2dd.jpg

i mean sure, if confronted with this, i'd have issues
c1c4c184a967651cd891cbb01a05b272.png

but white girls are EASIER to differentiate, they actually have varying degrees of body size at the same height, and of course the boobs. (no idea what girl in back is doing, tho)

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Friend taiwanese raised in usa. Career military, looks like he does roids, at least in his 20s.

Has said he hates being in taiwan sometimes because hes a good couple inches taller from american food and apparently they all think he's korean.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I literally drive 3 blocks to Korea Town and hit up the Japanese ramen joint, freeze dried ramens sheeeiiittttt.
I live in the "other" land of the rising sun. The island of Oahu is broken down by this makeup.
Black - 2.2%
American Indian / Alaskan - .4%
Asian - 37.8%
Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander - 10.2%
White - 21.9%
Hispanic / Latino - 3.8%
2 or more mixed races (usually Asian + something) - 23.7%

I've heard that people with some Asian amount to around 55% of the island. I haven't seen official breakdown of %'s of Asian that make up that 37.8%, but I've heard that a little over 1/3rd is Japanese.

EDIT: Anyway, the point of this post is there's a lot of Ramen places. Ha, I suck.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't look at Popeyes/KFC as fast food. It's a pretty slow meal, and you don't want to eat on the go because your hands get greasy. I guess I could go to subway, but they don't offer drive through. Hmm... There's also a few Jollibee's out here, but I've never tried there before. Maybe I'll see if I'm in the area tomorrow.
I finally got a chance to try Jollibee the other day. I went with the spicy chicken sandwich. It was good, but REALLY fucking spicy. I wasn't expecting it to effect me that much.

Since moving out here, I've become very accustom to spicy foods. That said, this sandwich pushed me over the edge. It had a pepper flavor, but lots of heat. I kept drinking more and more to try and cool my tongue down.

• 1Like

Sludig

American food makes you taller????
Fat calories processed food etc. I know there's been at least a few articles looking at it. But have you never noticed girls see girls getting monster tits younger and younger, 6ft on a guy isn't even hardly considered tall anymore. For my job it's noticable watching families that immigrated with a teen, vs families having immigrated but the child raised here. Generally child/teen is less slight and short than most of the asian/hispanic folks they came from. Granted some of these are morbidly obese too. So it's not all good.

Friend is a good >6 inches taller than his dad.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I finally got a chance to try Jollibee the other day. I went with the spicy chicken sandwich. It was good, but REALLY fucking spicy. I wasn't expecting it to effect me that much.

Since moving out here, I've become very accustom to spicy foods. That said, this sandwich pushed me over the edge. It had a pepper flavor, but lots of heat. I kept drinking more and more to try and cool my tongue down.

You moved to the Philippines?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can't tell if I'm being trolled or if this is real

I have no definitive proof via article or anything, but I think it's true. Whenever I'm in SoCal I feel like a terrible pedo because these 15 year olds are walking around with massive titties hanging out. Looking like they're in their 20s.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have no definitive proof via article or anything, but I think it's true. Whenever I'm in SoCal I feel like a terrible pedo because these 15 year olds are walking around with massive titties hanging out. Looking like they're in their 20s.
Well, I meant for the height part, not the horizontal

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's true, all 2nd/3rd gen asians i've seen are significantly taller than their parents that immigrated over. (males)

i'm 5'10, moms is 5'2 dad is 5'4

you could also tell which kid was an immigrant and not born here, cuz they were physically smaller than the rest.

asian girls, seemingly don't grow taller, just bustier

Sludig

Body Weight Impact on Puberty: Effects of High-Calorie Diet on Puberty Onset in Female Rhesus Monkeys | Endocrinology | Oxford Academic

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw1DYE6D8RdoGwjAzTgEYdpz&cshid=1535055052346

Puberty starts earlier in many American boys - Harvard Health Blog

How much of human height is genetic and how much is due to nutrition?

In Asian populations, the heritability of height is much lower than 80 percent. For example, in 2004 Miao-Xin Li of Hunan Normal University in China and his colleagues estimated a height heritability of 65 percent, based on a Chinese population of 385 families. In African populations, height heritability is also lower: 65 percent for the population of western Africa, according to a 1978 study by D. F. Roberts, then at Newcastle University in England, and colleagues. Such diversities in heritability are mainly due to the different genetic background of ethnic groups and the distinct environments (climates, dietary habits and lifestyle) they experience.

Another way to look at it is in 2nd and 3rd world countries diet results in stunted or less than peak possible height.

This is really replicated and demonstrable in just captive bred animals if you get involved much into husbandry in breeding reptiles/fish etc.

• 1Like