The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
had me at ramen subscription box, lost me with the pricing

pants on fucking head
yea if you read it, you get anywhere from 4 to 12, ramens.

They have the gall to charge you 5 bucks per ramen.

and the video i linked and all the other ramenboxes on youtube i can guarantee you they were sponsored and no one paid for that shit, so they got the max amount of ramens and good ones too.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
yea if you read it, you get anywhere from 4 to 12, ramens.

They have the gall to charge you 5 bucks per ramen.

and the video i linked and all the other ramenboxes on youtube i can guarantee you they were sponsored and no one paid for that shit, so they got the max amount of ramens and good ones too.

ya there are so many other ways to get premium ramen for 1-2 bucks a pack (depending). I mean super premium can be a little more but I promise you ain't getting 4 super premiums every month in that box.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah the price is a no-go. My corner market stopped serving my favorite cheap ramen. Gonna have to venture elsewhere to find it.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I do like fancy ramen, especially ones with like meat gravy packets etc.

But man I love some thai soups like Tom yum. Safeway by me actually has a nissin or maruchan line of taste of asia cups of more unusual to a white person flavors.

Tom yum with a tin of boneless skinless sardines in olive oil mixed in mashed up so its like fish hamburger. Phenomenal even if its not as good as fresh real deal.

Theres a good thai recipie/street vendor video channel that also operates an import business thats great i cant find atm, but some of these are pretty easy to make if you can get ingredients at local asian market.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I literally drive 3 blocks to Korea Town and hit up the Japanese ramen joint, freeze dried ramens sheeeiiittttt.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I remember getting so burned out on ramen while in the army that I stopped even cooking it. I just started eating the brick of noodles dry, like a cracker.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I remember getting so burned out on ramen while in the army that I stopped even cooking it. I just started eating the brick of noodles dry, like a cracker.
thats what koreans do, they crush the pack, like hulk smash. then open the top, take out the seasoning packet and sprinkle that shit on top. no joke.

found a vid

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wal-Mart has frozen ramen for about $3.50 and is pretty excellent. It beats the freeze dried stuff easily.

Ling Ling Ramen
ling-ling-log-o.png

32e.jpg

• 1Worf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
thats what koreans do, they crush the pack, like hulk smash. then open the top, take out the seasoning packet and sprinkle that shit on top. no joke.

found a vid

I didn't even know this! I thought I was just a weird outlier.

I would totally hulk smash her seasoning packet, ifyouknowwhatImean

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Carrollton. The Plano location blew my mind though, I worked there a few years back and none of that shit was there. Looks like they ran the Mexicans out.
do you guys notice if it's mostly Koreans, or is one rangrang just like the other to yous?

Man... i'd kill for a H-mart 40mins away, even though they're over priced (compared to a regular full sized asian grocer)

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
do you guys notice if it's mostly Koreans, or is one rangrang just like the other to yous?

Man... i'd kill for a H-mart 40mins away, even though they're over priced (compared to a regular full sized asian grocer)

Having dated a lot of asian women recently I can get a general idea where they are from most of the time due to skin tone or how their eyes look, sometimes one will throw me for a loop but for the most part I'm learning to identify the differences.

We have a bunch of asian supermarkets in the area now, it's pretty sweet. I love going in there and looking around or trying new items.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Funny aside, my organization recently went to a US-China conference/trade show and we set up a booth to advertise ourselves. We brought a big banner that had our logo and a stock image of an Asian person on it smiling. Turns out all the Chinese at the conference got salty because we had a Korean on our banner and not a Chinese.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users