The Fast Food Thread

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got these, partially for the wife that is needing soft foods with her braces.

Both think they are disgusting. (Sorta a chicken nugget per current topic)

733cef6d-1e6a-4a50-b58a-71901b780d7f_4.fadb85e50590024d80a220fe3473539e.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
When I get nuggets I usually get buffalo sauce and barbecue sauce and then think "WTF was I thinking?" and dip them all in the buffalo sauce.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this nugget talk has me wanting to experiment soon.

just plain breaded chicken breast i'll be trying

canola/coconut/peanut/crisco and my current blend coco/butter

for frying.

*note i might forgo crisco as i really don't like too much science in food.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If you put Old Bay on fries or chicken nuggets then you don't need any other dipping sauce.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I enjoy my nuggets plain. Yeah roast me faggots
I'm the same way, but I wish I weren't. I've said it a few times here over the years, but I wish I liked more flavors. It really bothers me that I'm turned off by so many flavors. I've managed to expand my tastes significantly in the past decade, but still not enough. And nothing will ever get me to like sour cream or mayonnaise I'm afraid.

I do put ketchup on my fries if it is convenient and I don't have to open 30 packets just to get enough. If I can squirt it into a few of those little cups, then I'll dip away, otherwise I'll eat them plain (has to have enough salt).

As far as nuggets though, ever since they got rid of Wendy's spicy nuggets I've been crushed and I don't want any nuggets ever again :(

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm the same way, but I wish I weren't. I've said it a few times here over the years, but I wish I liked more flavors. It really bothers me that I'm turned off by so many flavors. I've managed to expand my tastes significantly in the past decade, but still not enough. And nothing will ever get me to like sour cream or mayonnaise I'm afraid.

I do put ketchup on my fries if it is convenient and I don't have to open 30 packets just to get enough. If I can squirt it into a few of those little cups, then I'll dip away, otherwise I'll eat them plain (has to have enough salt).

As far as nuggets though, ever since they got rid of Wendy's spicy nuggets I've been crushed and I don't want any nuggets ever again :(
r u offended by texture rather than taste?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
If you put Old Bay on fries or chicken nuggets then you don't need any other dipping sauce.

If you can find a Sheetz, they’ll do popcorn chicken tossed in old bay. Combine that with they’re Dr Pepper BBQ sauce and my god it’s heavenly.

• 3Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Those ketchup and mustard packets are rage inducing. Especially since I know that these exist.

51m7rU4PUVL.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well, I like the sauces. I just don't prefer them on my nuggets

I actually wonder if it's related to me being a compartmental eater. In case you're wondering that means I eat an entire side before moving to the next. In the same order. Every. Single. Time.

I didn't even know it was a thing until I realized no one else does that.

Guys... Am .. am I retarded ?

• 2Supertaster
  • 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I love fries in BBQ sauce but the best thing I’ve ever dipped fries in has to be the leftover sauce from Duff’s honey garlic wings after eating a bowl of those.

Dippnig Wendy's fries into a Frosty is pretty damn good. Fries are great in just about anything, though. Mustard, ketchup, bbq, a-1, sriracha, salad dressing, etc. McD's fries are still the golden standard, though. Love those things. No sauce needed.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

I actually wonder if it's related to me being a compartmental eater. In case you're wondering that means I eat an entire side before moving to the next. In the same order. Every. Single. Time.

r u against the kfc bowl of deliciousness?
KFC-Cheesy-Bacon-Bowl.jpg

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I'll do that too. If its burgers fries, I'll eat every fry before I move on to the burger. I'll mix shit like using mashed potatos to get the loose corn and shit, so its not an issue of not liking mixing flavors, I just seem to have a preference for one at a time if given the choice.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

giphy.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
so do you fine w/ alfredo?

do you have an aversion to ethnic?
Alfredo is great, as is stroganoff, but if you were to give me a bowl of alfredo and tell me to dip something in it, I would probably pass. It makes no sense, I understand that.

I mix my food all the time, so I'm not a compartmental eater like Noodle. Those KFC bowls, by the way, I get them without gravy. I also don't eat mashed potatoes with gravy. The strange thing is, I don't actually dislike gravy...I just like foods better without it. Again, I realize that makes no sense. Gravy is literally just liquid meat flavoring, and I love meat. I think in this case at least, it is because I grew up without gravy, and I'd put butter on all my potato-related meals (except fries). I don't put butter in a KFC bowl, but the cheese is what makes that specific item tolerable for me without some sort of sauce/butter/etc. I love cheese on everything remotely feasible.

My old college roommate would do something that drove me nuts, which is sort of like the compartmental eater thing. He mostly did it to annoy me because I would make note of it, but he obviously did it a little bit already for me to comment. He would eat his entire meal, and THEN drink his beverage. Like, what the fuck?! I have to have a drink when I'm eating, at all times. If I'm at a restaurant and the waiter hasn't come back for awhile and I'm out of my drink, it is extremely difficult for me to eat more than little bites here and there until I get a fucking refill. It drives me insane sometimes, waiting for it.

Oh, as to your question about ethnic...I'd say no, not ethnic food specifically. I love Mexican & Chinese, and the Americanized Italian we have here. I suppose I might have an aversion in general to foods I'm not familiar with, but not because they are any particular ethnicity, it is more related to the fact that I am afraid it is going to have some weird sauces that I don't like.

I guess, when I think about it, sauce-like condiments are my biggest issue. Mayo, mustard, sour cream, guac, weird salsas, and then literally every "unknown" ethnic food sauce/dressing etc. A lot of them I can eat if I'm forced to, but I just like food better without them. I can eat BBQ sauce just fine...but I'd rather have beef or chicken or pork without it, or anything else sauce-like for that matter. Except for ketchup on burgers, that's a necessity.

• 1WTF

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Alfredo is great, as is stroganoff, but if you were to give me a bowl of alfredo and tell me to dip something in it, I would probably pass. It makes no sense, I understand that.

Olive Garden breadsticks dipped in alfredo sauce. Combination of the gods right there.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity