The Fast Food Thread

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
yup I ordered 2 more cases last year and they're just chilling in the closet, and we had some leftover from our roadtrip and once every 3-4 months we'll have an 'mre night' and just make em up on the couch while watching a movie, it's pretty fun. poundcake > all

That pound cake is trash, I'll trade you my poundcake for your tortillas and Cheese Spread.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I love it. When I open one up and get peanut butter instead of cheese spread I want to kill myself
Last time I went real camping we had a bunch of MRE's. They aren't bad. If you eat fast food then you really shouldn't bitch about these things. Also we pretty much ate MRE's straight for a week and we started getting cutthroat over the jalapeno cheese spreads.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Last time I went real camping we had a bunch of MRE's. They aren't bad. If you eat fast food then you really shouldn't bitch about these things. Also we pretty much ate MRE's straight for a week and we started getting cutthroat over the jalapeno cheese spreads.

in pre deployment mini boot camp (they'd send af and navy queers like me to a 3 week mini army boot camp before we deployed) we ate mre's for a week and I didn't shit for like 8 days strait but felt fine, weirdest thing. They were different from the stuff I order though.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
in pre deployment mini boot camp (they'd send af and navy queers like me to a 3 week mini army boot camp before we deployed) we ate mre's for a week and I didn't shit for like 8 days strait but felt fine, weirdest thing. They were different from the stuff I order though.

Oh yeah that shit gummed me up. Good thing is though, it meant less shitting in the woods. That is really the thing I hate the most about camping.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That pound cake is trash, I'll trade you my poundcake for your tortillas and Cheese Spread.

Just wait until you level up into the art of Rat Fucking.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
My coworker, retired AF bird, keeps a draw full of MREs for anyone who forgets lunch or cant get away to grab some. I'm tempted to try one now.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Review fails for lack of pictures. Nobody cares what the outside of the package looks like FFS.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
aren't MRE's like really expensive? he's like throwing a 15$ meal at a guy
I have no clue how much they are, but he's probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met, so it wouldn't surprise me. Plus I bet just his retirement from O-6 is close to 6 figures alone.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have no clue how much they are, but he's probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met, so it wouldn't surprise me. Plus I bet just his retirement from O-6 is close to 6 figures alone.
yea, i was researching for a bit, my wife is like "lets do some white ppl shit and hike and camp"

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Amazon has surplus MRE with inspection date of 2019 for ~$80 / box. I think they contain 12 in each box I don't remember. Which calculates out to about $6.5 per I guess. Cheaper than I expected to be honest.

If he's rocking that disability too he's probably pulling around $130-150k a year in disability/military pension.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In Phoenix working at PCH for 2 weeks. Can't wait to get me some In & Out Burger, Cheeba Hut sandwiches, Raising Kanes chicken! Staying at a hotel over in the Biltmore so have a lot of options around me!

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
I need one of you snobbier fast foodies to get an Angry Whopper but sub the Whopper with the Crispy Chicken. I'd do it, but it's against my code of being a custom order bitch.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Amazon has surplus MRE with inspection date of 2019 for ~$80 / box. I think they contain 12 in each box I don't remember. Which calculates out to about $6.5 per I guess. Cheaper than I expected to be honest.

If he's rocking that disability too he's probably pulling around $130-150k a year in disability/military pension.
I dont think he collects any additional disability and this just speaks to the type of guy he is. His wife is disabled and they applied to whatever tax waiver is in Alabama for when he retires.

Regime Regime you try that taco bamba yet?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i think these are the ones you're talkin about? Western Frontier MRE 2019 Inspection Date Case, 12 Meals with 2019 Inspection Date, 2016 Pack Date. Military Surplus Meal Ready to Eat.

yea i guess if you buy in bulk, it's nice, i was just looking for a weekender 2 meal thing, thoses are like 13bucks.

(i guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to have one each in my bug out bags)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
To be fair in the Army the MREs come in those 12-pack boxes. That is the unit they are manufactured in. You paid more for some piecemeal shit.