The Fast Food Thread

Xevy

Log Wizard
Was going to go to Jimmy John's for an Italian Nightclub today after the gym. Then decided nah, I'll just grab a salad from the rich white people supermarket near my house. The one I like is just spinach/feta/pecans/cran-raisins and it was like 9 dollars. Then when I got home looked at it, it was 920 calories. Nearly the exact same as an Italian Nightclub. I fucked up. This is how we learn.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
By try I mean I just want to take a few bites of one. Obviously not going to go to Colorado for that thing or make it myself. But if I ever see it on a menu somewhere bet your ass I'll order it. Taste two bites of it and then toss it in disgust.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
All ive gotta say about the last page of people with a hatred to vegetables.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I could be autistic, like barely on the spectrum. No joke, the thought has crossed my mind

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's probably drowning in olive oil, and most likely has some sugar in it as well.

No oil. Just a literally 1:1:1:1 feta/pecans/spinach/craisins. That's why I like this salad, because it's literally 75% toppings and 25% greens. I put a fat free raspberry pecan vinagerette (re: kool aid) on it, so no calories there. If I'm getting a salad as a meal it'll always be closer to truly not being a salad.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That fat free vinaigrette doesn't have sugar or corn syrup in it?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
1000 calorie salad, or 1000 calorie burger with a side salad? Hrmmm....

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1000 calorie salad, or 1000 calorie burger with a side salad? Hrmmm....
I’ll take the Bacon King meal I’m eating for $10 Alex.

• 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You cure most kids of being picky with the age old strategy of, "You don't like what I make you can starve, you'll get hungry eventually."

This was employed by my family quite explicitly. Low and behold hunger wins over pickiness every time. None of us remained picky for very long.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My mother wasn't a very eclectic or good cook. I'm sure some of it stems from that because my brother and sister are the same way

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Fucking Wendy's near me has stopped selling their harvest chicken salad. I had tried it once a while back when trying to "be good" and fell in love with the thing and has been the only thing I've ordered at Wendy's since (I know, sacrilege while the baconator exists). Thing was loaded with apples, cranberries, feta, bacon, chicken, and these tasty little brown sugar walnuts all topped with an apple cider dressing. Full damn salad was still under 600 cals, too and with the coupon was $5. Guess it's back to stuffing face with baconators, instead.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why, but if I'm going to eat a salad with 'greens', I don't want fucking fruit in it. That is what fruit salads are for.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users