The Fast Food Thread

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You ever tried fresh chicharrones? Man, the best pieces have skin and a bit of fat still on them. They are ultra crispy on one side and the fat melts in your mouth on the other. I know it doesn't sound appealing thinking about bagged pork rinds, but the fresh ones are so much different.
I think I've tried them, but the ones I got were stiff and chewy so I don't think I finished them.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Cracklins with southern hot sauce flavor are amazing. Way crunchier than rinds and the flavor is great. Dry as balls though.

The downside is they don't come in larger bags.

b59c7782-b71e-4c14-af62-615da76e4e1d_1.e4511a4a55614c680c41486e35e608fb.png
Cracklings are tied to my childhood...butchering hogs and rendering...my cousins and I would ask for handsful of cracklings from our aunts and uncles who were tending the huge cast iron kettles where the pig fat was being heated to create leaf lard. We would run, cracklings in hand through the woods as we played...sharing our bounty.
Pork rinds are definitely not cracklings, but they do remind me...sigh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
High cholesterol, high salt, high fat, and high calories.

I would just like to point out Xevy and I talk pretty much only about junk food we love in his twitch.

Some of it makes Pork Rinds look like Kale.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
An important distinction that all of you who have never tried pork rinds should know, is to only try the flaming hot ones. "Regular" flavor pork rinds are edible, but they legit make you think the entire time that you are eating fried pig skin. Which is gross, at least to me. But dump a bunch of flaming hot seasoning on it, and it is heavenly. If you like those, you can try the normal ones I suppose, but you'll probably agree they aren't worth the effort when flaming hots exist.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My go to snack as of late is this Kettle Corn from Costco. I'm not even supposed to eat popcorn and this stuff makes me not care.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
An important distinction that all of you who have never tried pork rinds should know, is to only try the flaming hot ones. "Regular" flavor pork rinds are edible, but they legit make you think the entire time that you are eating fried pig skin. Which is gross, at least to me. But dump a bunch of flaming hot seasoning on it, and it is heavenly. If you like those, you can try the normal ones I suppose, but you'll probably agree they aren't worth the effort when flaming hots exist.

i'm more partial to the BBQ flavor ones. dipped in sour cream.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'll start streaming again soon so you don't have to deal with that fascist mongoloid

Says that guy who won't put condiments on anything!

I'm all about your freedom of food, baby. Put lettuce on everything you fucking want. Lettuce on burgers. Lettuce on subs. Lettuce on pasta. Lettuce in lasagna. Lettuce Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs.

Don't lettuce decide how you eat, lettu decide.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Bought a bag of this last time I was walking through Costco. Shits like crack!

Yeah man, its crazy. First time I got a bag I sat down watching some shows and just thought Id eat out of the bag for a few and then put it back. Next thing I know the giant bag was empty and my wife gave me all sorts of shit (good natured) over it. Now I put it in a small bowl and when its gone I resit going back for more.

sukik

Cottage cheese in in lasagna sounds like a travesty. Ricotta may be pricey but it's worth every penny.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think the cottage cheese thing probably goes back to when things as ethnic as ricotta weren't available in midwest grocery stores and now some people probably make it that way because they grew up on it. I doubt it really tastes much different, cottage cheese is just a little lumpier.

sukik

Maybe I'll try it for science. The texture and flavor just seems like it would be off.

Crone

I'm with Brutal, while yes, Ricotta is amazing, tomato sauce is so strong, along with the other flavors in lasagna and I doubt you'd even tell a difference.

Crone

Also, I didn't know until this thread that Pork Rinds (chicaronnes) are different than Cracklins. I once had Cracklins, I think, where you heated them up in the microwave like popcorn. Came in the same type of bag and everything. They were amazing, and I love the chewy ones!