The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
McDs still cant seem to get the supply chain kinks worked out for the fresh burgers. I would have thought by now that they would be able to expand it beyond the quarter pounders to include Big Macs etc, but they still end up falling back on using the 'emergency' supply of frozen patties during rush times or right before the new delivery truck arrives. Its pretty clear when this happens because the quality difference between the fresh burgers and the frozen is very obvious. Its like a swift kick in the nuts if you were expecting a nice juicy burger and end up with the hockey puck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Arbys is still under rated as fuck.

I am happy to report that I tried Popeyes again and really enjoyed it with the Mardis gras mustard option. That evening I considered promoting it to tier 1 chicken.

However, I had really weird shits for the next two days that were to frequent. In conclusion I think Popeyes has arrived on taste but doesn’t deliver the comprehensive guilt free chicken eating experience of a chik fil a or zaxbys requisite for me to promote it to tier 1.

I will consider testing again a few more times to ensure the shits weren’t an isolated incident. Godspeed

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Arbys is still under rated as fuck.

I am happy to report that I tried Popeyes again and really enjoyed it with the Mardis gras mustard option. That evening I considered promoting it to tier 1 chicken.

However, I had really weird shits for the next two days that were to frequent. In conclusion I think Popeyes has arrived on taste but doesn’t deliver the comprehensive guilt free chicken eating experience of a chik fil a or zaxbys requisite for me to promote it to tier 1.

I will consider testing again a few more times to ensure the shits weren’t an isolated incident. Godspeed

Spicy tenders at Popeyes with Cajun sparkle and Mardi gras mustard is my go to, add red beans and rice and a few extra biscuits and I'm in heaven.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These chips are legit as fuck. They taste like Cool Ranch Fritos with a bit of a kick.

10/10 would eat until I explode

DSC06165.JPG

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
McDs still cant seem to get the supply chain kinks worked out for the fresh burgers. I would have thought by now that they would be able to expand it beyond the quarter pounders to include Big Macs etc, but they still end up falling back on using the 'emergency' supply of frozen patties during rush times or right before the new delivery truck arrives. Its pretty clear when this happens because the quality difference between the fresh burgers and the frozen is very obvious. Its like a swift kick in the nuts if you were expecting a nice juicy burger and end up with the hockey puck.
What's weird to me is that when I first started working there 20+ years ago, all the patties were frozen but people didn't really notice. But that was back when you put the patties down, started the timer, used the searing tool when timer first goes off, flip when timer goes off again, season, then pull at third timer (I think? It's been awhile). In between handling the meat on the grill, you'd toast the buns and then have them dressed by the time the meat needed to be pulled. Then you'd wrap immediately and send them out.

I don't know when they started using frozen patties, but they were def using frozen meat in '90 or '91.

Not saying you're wrong or anything, just that it sounds weird to me. But I have a hard time eating McDs anymore because it just isn't the same. Not sure if I want to try them specifically for this now or not.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
A lot depends on what part of the country you are in. It was standard in the Midwest to have fresh burgers at all fast food joints when I was a kid. The supply chain was short enough owing to the overall locality of meat production that it made this possible.

The first time I had one of the 'new' fresh burgers at a McDs here in Massachusetts it was like a synaptic rush back to my childhood. Suddenly I was reminded what made Mickeg D's so awesome as a kid and I was instantly re-hooked.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
A lot depends on what part of the country you are in. It was standard in the Midwest to have fresh burgers at all fast food joints when I was a kid. The supply chain was short enough owing to the overall locality of meat production that it made this possible.

The first time I had one of the 'new' fresh burgers at a McDs here in Massachusetts it was like a synaptic rush back to my childhood. Suddenly I was reminded what made Mickeg D's so awesome as a kid and I was instantly re-hooked.
I mean, I worked in KC, so I dunno. The frozen stuff may have even been a local franchise decision?

I googled a bit and see that this is just for the Quarter Pounder patties? Might have to buy a few and see for myself.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
You ever try to get a 4 year old to eat ANYTHING??
eat or goto sleep hungry

one time i didn't want to eat congee and went to bed w/ hunger pains, you bet the next day i ate every grain of rice, fuck i still eat every last grain and i have 50lbs of rice in my house.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You ever try to get a 4 year old to eat ANYTHING??
It's not a biggy if a kid doesn't want to eat. Just /shrug and let them go hungry. Or let them eat leftovers, LOL.

We never got forced to eat anything, but we also knew our parents weren't going to bend over backwards to make something else. We didn't go out to eat often, but there were always enough options that I don't get the difficulty that some parents have. It just seems bizarre to me.

But seriously, what kind of places can't you go because they don't have anything your kids will eat?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was an extremely picky eater as a kid. I can't believe the things I didn't like until I was 8 or so. I never tried a cheeseburger until then and I felt retarded that I never wanted to try one after tasting that sweet beef. Got less picky as years went on. Now I'm by far the most adventurous eater in my family.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was an extremely picky eater as a kid. I can't believe the things I didn't like until I was 8 or so. I never tried a cheeseburger until then and I felt retarded that I never wanted to try one after tasting that sweet beef. Got less picky as years went on. Now I'm by far the most adventurous eater in my family.

My 5 year old niece hates french fries, pizza, and anything that she sees green on.