The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You mean Noodle's been my neighbor for 20 years and he still hasn't invited me to one of his weekly cook outs!!? Cold Brother, Cold as fuck.
perhaps you didn't hear about his family recipe

81wcWaQwRuL._SX466_.jpg

baking sheet steak

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
selling burgers at a pizza place is weird.

speaking of burgers, fast food is in a burger lull right now. When that specialty burger left McDonald's a void was created. That was the bomb, so juicy. involuntary joy noises.

edit: Burger King reran that spicy burger ya'll like during that lull, but it didn't last a month here. Like ya'll talked about it. I ate it and was surprised, went back the next week and it was already gone.

edit: I scienced some new Anytizers, "Chicken Chips" - they're small, roughly the size of a Cinnamon Toast Crunch Triforce. There was no chip, it was just thin chicken. They air-fried up easy enough, but they weren't good enough to eat without dip and too fancy to eat with it? I still did, tried everything from gauc to baja. was meh overall. I crushed them, but wouldn't recommend.
Food Lion dropped the price of their chips I assume to fight the Walmart Great Value stuff that I've posted. Their version of Nacho Doritos is actually really good, and was under $1 for a full-sized bag.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not really a pizza.place. It's just a restaurant with"gourmet" pizzas

I don't know why the angry whopper doesn't stay on the menu full time. It's certainly earned it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Went to order some pizza from Marcos. Left my order in their cart for 5-10m while debating if I really wanted to drop $50-$70 on them, and then I see the tab reload/refresh while shitposting here and it wiped everything out.

Decided I don't need carbs that badly

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The $50 was a two large pizza deal, a 12" steak sub and a 6" meatball sub. $70-ish was before I took off a 2+ medium 1 topping deal for like $7 each; had two of those.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Well he needs to feed his 8 kids and 3 wives
Naw, I'm just a struggling food addict and I love to eat.

What really sucks is when there's tons of food and having to mentally reign myself in.

Sometimes people will still be like "Damn you ate a lot" and they don't even know. But I doubt I would have finished all of that order in one sitting. I probably could have at one time. I honestly think my stomach has shrunk.

My most recent diet change was giving up fruit juice and switching to unsweetened tea. I realized I was downing something like 1 large jug of apple or pineapple juice a day, and that's still a lot of sugar even if its natural.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
My most recent diet change was giving up fruit juice and switching to unsweetened tea. I realized I was downing something like 1 large jug of apple or pineapple juice a day, and that's still a lot of sugar even if its natural.
So this is the fast food so not talking shit but that was close to 1400 calories a day of just juice water. For unsweetened teas, this is my favorite.

Tejava.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No judgement in the fast food zone but that is a lot of food my man. The liquid calories is nutty and that sugar has got to be really bad (that's why I asked about the betes, I was drinkjng tons of soda every day)

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So this is the fast food so not talking shit but that was close to 1400 calories a day of just juice water. For unsweetened teas, this is my favorite.

Tejava.jpg

Tejava is a god tier beverage. I'd start a riot if the office ever stopped ordering them.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
This week's science:

Food Lion Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips: I've previously mentioned these before, but here's a photo for reference. 6.3/10

Ruth's Chili: I'm a sucker for hotdog chili, public schools had the best and served in a little cup. This week I try Ruth's.

Heritage Buffalo Philly Cheesesteak: They were marked down from $6 to $3.75. After opening, they're pathetically small. Their shell crisped up real nice but inside it's practically empty. Not cheesy at all. Barely any flavor at all, let alone buffalo. And after rereading, they're spring rolls, so it's pretty much all cabbage. Epic fail. 3.27/10

Heinz Carolina Style BBQ Sauce: Is Short Sugars a chain? Well, ever since they've left town, I've been in search of a replacement sauce.

Oscar Meyer Fully Cooked Bacon: 1/3 the cost of real bacon.

Gunnoe's Pimento Cheese: One bite and I involuntarily said out loud, "Yes, fuck." I paused putting away groceries to eat it with various things. 8.7/10

Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade: Smooth and sugary. Reminded me of the drinks sold at mall pretzel shops.

20190811_132652.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All for science!

I've been back to the same restaurant that had those decent B&G's 3 weeks in a row now. After being gone all week for work I really enjoy taking the kids and sometimes the wife to breakfast and just have fun.

Yesterday I tried their cinnamon roll French toast and it was pretty damn good. The restaurant is known for their 5lb cinnamon roll which is the size of a damn basketball. When they get a few days old and less wet, they chop the things into slices and make French toast with it. Very good!

Next time I go next week I hope to try their Prime Rib dinner they have on Friday or Saturday.

• 2Quality Calories

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I have a family friend with diabetes and she always has water with dinner and eats pretty normally otherwise though she does have to be careful with excessive meals. She said to me once, eating your calories is way more enjoyable then drinking them.

I try to live by that outside of alcohol.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users