The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, but I'm like Big E, and it's really hard to get away from non-carbonated sugar drinks. Back years ago, when my Grandma was still around, she would have me over for dinner and sure enough she'd always have a quart of some kind of juice because she knew I'd kill the whole thing at dinner.

Anymore I just don't buy the stuff, so I don't have it around the house, but in my constant travel for work it's damn hard sometimes in walking into a convenience store and seeing the Arizona Fruit Punch or Mucho Mango's, and not grabbing one. Sucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've never seen the Tejava tea, so I dunno. I just get the cheap stuff in the grocery by the gallon.

I don't even know why I started hitting the fruit juice so hard. I haven't regularly had soda in years. Maybe I should just start carrying bulk water around instead.

1565597487634.png

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
This week's science:

Oscar Meyer Fully Cooked Bacon: 1/3 the cost of real bacon.
how much of a sale were these to say that?

i'll use great value prices
2.1oz of cooked bacon is 3.28$
12oz of bacon is 3.73$

generally you lose 2/3 to 3/4 due to shrinkage,

even then it's 3oz of (now)cooked bacon at 3.73$ to 2.1oz of pre-cooked bacon at 3.28$

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
how much of a sale were these to say that?

i'll use great value prices
2.1oz of cooked bacon is 3.28$
12oz of bacon is 3.73$

generally you lose 2/3 to 3/4 due to shrinkage,

even then it's 3oz of (now)cooked bacon at 3.73$ to 2.1oz of pre-cooked bacon at 3.28$
This was little over $3 when the next cheapest package was over $7.

I've since tried the bacon and it sucks. Chewy and basically worthless. I'll try and reconstitute it in the airfryer next, but that's defeating half it's purpose.

2.7/10

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've never seen the Tejava tea, so I dunno. I just get the cheap stuff in the grocery by the gallon.

I don't even know why I started hitting the fruit juice so hard. I haven't regularly had soda in years. Maybe I should just start carrying bulk water around instead.

View attachment 218843
I think fruit juice is the same or worse than regular soda, especially if you're drinking by the gallon. It's deceiving because rawr soda is bad juice is good. But really it isn't. And I don't buy the natural sugar argument at all when it comes to juices. That's all hogwash.

In terms of work travel I definitely eat a little worse but I try to keep it in balance. I always buy a couple gallons of water for the hotel. I always eat worse on travel but not at an absurd level.

I only drink soda now when I go out which isn't often. I don't drink alcohol so that's a non factor.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think fruit juice is the same or worse than regular soda, especially if you're drinking by the gallon. It's deceiving because rawr soda is bad juice is good. But really it isn't. And I don't buy the natural sugar argument at all when it comes to juices. That's all hogwash.

In terms of work travel I definitely eat a little worse but I try to keep it in balance. I always buy a couple gallons of water for the hotel. I always eat worse on travel but not at an absurd level.

I only drink soda now when I go out which isn't often. I don't drink alcohol so that's a non factor.
A lot of that juice isn't really all that natural, they reconstitute it and add sweeteners etc. I make my own unsweet tea at the house, not really a hassle, more of a convenience to have it when I need it.

I don't travel anymore, my last job had some travel, and I was doing keto at the time, it kind of sucked. It was really difficult depending on where we were, like BFE Louisiana. And then in Korea it was breaking my heart, all this amazeballs food and drink and I'm missing out on, hate it. But after getting off keto I was able to chill and do the same, break out to Walmart or wherever and get a couple of items for the hotel room and mostly keep the overeating in check.

I'm getting off diet soda now as well. There was a time when I drank a metric fuckton of that shit, several per day. Doing about one per week now. I'm not sure how helpful it will be, but we will see. Kids got me a Sodastream for christmas so I do carbonated water all the time now.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't know how expensive la croix and other flavored sparkling water is in the states, but that shit is genius for waning yourself off of sodas (and beer). Would recommend!

I've been cutting bad foods away but im getting me some tacobell for lunch mmm, bless tacobell. I love you

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The natural sugar argument only holds weight when eating the actual fruit, since your body has to separate the sugar from all the fiber and everything else, giving you a controlled release of sugar. Sugar by itself isn't so much of a problem, it's the quantity and how fast your body digests it that's the issue.

• 1Like

Crone

I don't know how expensive la croix and other flavored sparkling water is in the states, but that shit is genius for waning yourself off of sodas (and beer). Would recommend!

I've been cutting bad foods away but im getting me some tacobell for lunch mmm, bless tacobell. I love you
La Croix is fucking disgusting. Tastes like club soda or soda water. I'm a huge fan of bitter flavors and it's disgusting even to me.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Carbonated water was a flavor that I had to get used to. Now I love it, but at first even unflavored stuff was overwhelmingly bitter to me. I have some different fruit extracts that can flavor the Sodastream stuff, raspberry is the best, but more often than not I just do it plain. Never actually had La Croix but I used to drink Vintage and Polar Seltzer all the time.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I only like 1 or two flavors of la croix, i usually just buy the no named grocery store brand lime sparkling water as it's a lot better but the point is, flavored sparkling water is a good way to get off soda lol

Xevy

Log Wizard
No sugar. Little to no caffeine (I think some are made with tea so they have like 0.2 mg of caffeine or something). Fucking delicious.

1565638851108.png

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

When I was in Germany I used to drink carbonated water all the time everyone over in Euro seemed to love that stuff and it was cheap as shit, even more so with their recycling bottle shit at the store. Comparatively the carbonated water here in the states is pure buttfuck level price wise. These things were like fucking 30 cents and then ended up being like 15 cents when you returned the fucking bottle.

iu

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, polocks have their own sparking mineral water too, Costco sells it, its good shit.

large_d8e51876-4057-4cb1-b783-be19fac20fc4.jpg

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think La Croix is pretty disgusting, but it is good when mixed with gin. Especially the grapefruit flavor.

• 1Solidarity

sukik

I like the taste of Ice but it gives me a headache. I think I react poorly to sulacrose. I still use diet mtn dew as a crutch sometimes, but I gave up sugary drinks years ago. If I drink a soda these days I feel like complete shit for hours after.