The Fast Food Thread

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I had some this morning. They're pretty good, you just need to eat them quickly, they don't hold up once cold.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Had the popeye's sandwich today. It was a really good fast food sandwich, still not as good as chick fil a though. ALSO, I waited in the drive through for 25 minutes and there wasn't a huge line, only two cars in front of me when I got there. Chick fil a always gets me through the line in 10 mins max, even the line is so backed up it's spilling into the street. ALSO, they gave me the wrong sandwich (reg instead of spicy), and the wrong side. The order was literally only two items and they got both wrong. I've been to popeye's probably 10 times or less, and I'd guess they have gotten my order wrong at least 8 of those times. Chick fil a never fucks it up.

This will be the last popeye's sandwich I ever eat.

tenor.gif

Literally had the exact same experience this weekend, and will never go back to Popeyes. The sandwich was very good, not quite as good as Chick fil a (though because I eat CFA so often it was a welcome change).... that said, customer service and time wasted was an absolute disgrace - I don't wait half an hour for real food, I'm not sitting in fucking line at stop 6 ghetto ass popeyes for a fucking sandwich. The end

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hype has a way of ruining things that would otherwise have been good. I have no doubt the popeyes chicken sandwich is good, in fast food terms. But there is a direct correlation between what you're willing to endure for what you actually get. Waiting an extra 5 minutes for that sandwich would probably be no big deal, waiting a half hour for it is a no go. There is a Mexican restaurant near me called Sayulita that everyone raves about. It's high end and one of their big draws is their tacos. Me and the gf decided to go there for lunch on Sunday, they open at 1 so we decided to meet there at 1. There was a huge line and they did not open the doors until exactly 1pm.

Surprisingly there was enough seating for everyone who was in the line, so I was happy off the bat, we ordered a couple of cocktails, looked at the menu then ordered. The cocktails were, admittedly, great. I got one of the best old fashioned's I've had outside of old school bars with real bartenders in places like NYC. The tacos were good too, but here's the problem. They were between 5 and 7 dollars EACH. For a taco. That's what hype and scarcity does to pricing and the customer experience. While they were good I've had better tacos from street vendors in Arizona and Southern California that were only 50 cents each for the same quality, and quantity of filling. But I happen to live in CT, where you can't get a real, good Mexican taco anywhere. To be fair they had what would qualify as real Mexican tacos. I got a beef cheek taco, a chicharron taco, and a very good al pastor taco. But it cost me almost 20 goddamn dollars for 3 regular sized tacos. Shiiieeeeeettt....

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There is. I'm sure you'll be able to find something in SF, but you'll be down in the Peninsula which is pretty far away. Likely harder to find something that specific down there.
yea italians just love having easy access to pork fried rice

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Literally had the exact same experience this weekend, and will never go back to Popeyes. The sandwich was very good, not quite as good as Chick fil a (though because I eat CFA so often it was a welcome change).... that said, customer service and time wasted was an absolute disgrace - I don't wait half an hour for real food, I'm not sitting in fucking line at stop 6 ghetto ass popeyes for a fucking sandwich. The end
does popeyes even have an app? it's truly 3mins in and out w/ the app at cfa

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
does popeyes even have an app? it's truly 3mins in and out w/ the app at cfa

Popeyes does have an app and with coupons. The coupons aren't amazing, but you can get like a 14 pc. dinner for like 23 bucks instead of 30 off the menu. Also stuff like free large sides with orders and some 3 pc meal stuff.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
+1 on those flamin hot dill pickle chips. Flavor is good and heat is decent yet not overbearing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I stopped in a Popeye's in Pittsburg, CA that had mediocre food and had awful service. Pretty disappointing since I'd just been telling my Dad how much better Popeye's was over KFC. He was not impressed. My local Popeye's is amazing with great service so I guess I'm just spoiled.

A little Popeye's history since this thread is stuck on Popeye mania.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
KFC Chicken sandwiches...
I had to try them for the 2 for $6 deal.

As you know, I am a fan of the Popeye's chicken sandwich. The KFC chicken sandwich is so clearly a direct challenge to Popeyes.
Here is the picture from the website:
2019sads07.jpg

This is the sandwich I got:
IMGdasdsa2209.jpg

It's a greasy, salty, pathetic MESS of a sandwich.

KFC sucks ass.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The only KFC near us is terrible. Half the time they dont even have some of the types of chicken. I do love their wedges though and the Chicken Littles. Rarely go because of it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
KFC Chicken sandwiches...
I had to try them for the 2 for $6 deal.

As you know, I am a fan of the Popeye's chicken sandwich. The KFC chicken sandwich is so clearly a direct challenge to Popeyes.
Here is the picture from the website:
View attachment 231209

This is the sandwich I got:
View attachment 231214

It's a greasy, salty, pathetic MESS of a sandwich.

KFC sucks ass.
how could they fuck this up, this is just like a chicken little only bigger, lulz

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just get tendies and wedges and a fuckton of finger lickin' sauce. That's all you need.

• 1Quality Calories

Xevy

Log Wizard
That picture looks 80% like the other picture? I don't get it. Maybe you ladies are looking for the how to cook your own farts thread in the adulting forum.

Also got $7 worth of Rally's today. So worth. I'll probably get hepatitis (a literal thing that happens from Rallys) but goddamn if they don't have some good 2fer deals.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I know I'm really late to the party but I finally got to a town with a Popeye's and tried the sandwich and I thought it was fantastic. No lines either since this is Montana and there's only white people here. All chicken sandwiches should have pickles on them.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Went inside Popeyes instead of the drive thru. Oh lawd. I don’t understand why they don’t add watermelon to the menu.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i might start frying soon, probably around when dec hits, usually thats when the supermarkets have to get rid of their overstock of peanut oil (and turkey fryers) that they didn't sell off for cheap. (not really a fry kind of guy)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fuck KFC and all those other overpriced chicken places.

Best chicken, at least around my parts, is believe it or not Kroger. Tastes better and better breading than any of those places plus its only like $7 for 8 piece. So for $14 youre taking home 2 fucking chickens. Also they have the best tenders ever. Each one is like 1/2 chicken breast all white meat battered and breaded to perfection. Battered and made fresh, not frozen pre fried shit. Only bad thing is they dont have any spicy chicken, but whatevs. Even if they dotn have any available, I ask them to throw some down for me and I come back when my shopping trip is over and its ready for me hot and fresh.

• 1Like