1582577959592.png

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm going to bring it up again.

5 guys is so over rated it's ridiculous. I always feel like shit if I eat one of their burgers. Not the good kind of greasy. The really bad, wish you had a diaper kind of greasy.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So I am going to this on March 2.

I've never heard of a pop-up fucking restaurant before and it makes me angry that such a thing exists.

Surprised this concept is just now making it to Austin. This is a regular occurrence here. Just seems like a way to generate a lot of hype about a place that's only going to be open three months or so. Though I gotta say, almost all the pop-ups I've been to are really good. Especially the pop-up cocktail bars.

I've been Ramen Tatsu-Ya in Austin and I was very impressed. Had low expectations given it's not a city full of Asians but I stood corrected. And you don't have to wait like an hour for a table like the best ramen spots in SF.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm going to bring it up again.

5 guys is so over rated it's ridiculous. I always feel like shit if I eat one of their burgers. Not the good kind of greasy. The really bad, wish you had a diaper kind of greasy.
Ive actually only had it 3 times and one is 3 minutes from my house. One time I barely made it down the street before I had to peel into a restaurant and void my bowels

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, I'm totally Door Dash ordering a fuck ton of street tacos tonight for dinner. Fuck yea!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ive actually only had it 3 times and one is 3 minutes from my house. One time I barely made it down the street before I had to peel into a restaurant and void my bowels
you take a chance w/ five guys, their burgers are cooked made to order and with no timers

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Had McChicken for breakfast, wanted to get a Southern Style and back-to-back compare, but no go. I mean for one fiddy it isn’t bad and about 3x less than Chick Fil A. Probably won’t get another one. Liked the Southern Style better but it has been months since eating one.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had McChicken for breakfast, wanted to get a Southern Style and back-to-back compare, but no go. I mean for one fiddy it isn’t bad and about 3x less than Chick Fil A. Probably won’t get another one. Liked the Southern Style better but it has been months since eating one.
The chicken patty is the same one used on their McChicken sandwich served at lunch and dinner. Quite peppery, and so I think it mixes well with the McGriddle "bun". If you want a biscuit the sausage biscuit is the way to go!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Fresh McD burgers are juicy and delicious now. Five Guys are massively overrated

Did they change the seasoning recently? I don't eat there much anymore, but had one last week and it tasted a little different than I remember.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I went to a local ramen joint and was thoroughly unimpressed. I love pho so I'm thinking that maybe there is some special ramen combo or seasoning that I missed to make it great; but as of right now old take pho over ramen 11/10 times.

It's all about findign a good ramen place, only one I found worth a shit in DFW is Hanabi. That shit is incredible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
praise Jesus it’s back McCheese McCheese
2 for $5 Old bay so good. Also got Shamrock McFlurry. It’s god tier.

I crushed up some girlscout thin mints on top for added beetus.

1582670775859.jpeg

1582670692222.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Goddamn, one of these days I need to get my hands on that damn Old Bay Filet o' Fish. WTB it here.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did they change the seasoning recently? I don't eat there much anymore, but had one last week and it tasted a little different than I remember.
they still only use S&P, only change is the fresh not frozen

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah they never have that here. I assume it's more of a New England thing.

Guessing it's probably only MD/VA. Old Bay is a Maryland thing. I did at least land some of that Old Bay hot sauce. Some customer at my family's shipping store came in and was shipping a load of bottles of it to his friends. Apparently he had some friend at McCormick that hooked him up and he had some extras to sell us. Shit's delicious. Now I just need my parents to ship me up some crab cakes again to dunk it on.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users