The Fast Food Thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
A traditional convection oven and an air fryer are different enough in design to be called two different things. Air fryer has a drip pan where you don't have to give a shit what you put in there. Can't really do that with most convection ovens. You wouldn't place strips of bacon in a traditional convection oven without a baking sheet or something.

none of that matters, it's still just a convection oven. An oven, with a fan or fans in it. Nothing else about the design matters. You are cooking that bacon with CONVECTION. There is zero frying going on.

God; marketing people sure do know their stuff.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
fng3au5os8151.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 2Truth!
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
none of that matters, it's still just a convection oven. An oven, with a fan or fans in it. Nothing else about the design matters. You are cooking that bacon with CONVECTION. There is zero frying going on.

God; marketing people sure do know their stuff.

I like how he wrote this in such a way that a drip pan and baking sheet make it just too inconvenient. Fucking lol.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like how he wrote this in such a way that a drip pan and baking sheet make it just too inconvenient. Fucking lol.

Who can afford to waste precious tin foil in a convection oven when you need it for covid and the 5G

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
the term air fryer is the dumbest fucking thing in the world and everyone who uses it should be shot

ITS A GOD DAMN FUCKING CONVECTION OVEN YOU RETARDS
Ok, I understand that but it's labelled air fryer, retard.

• 2Like
  • 1Supertaster

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I mean it’s pretty simple, an air fryer is just a specific type and size of convection oven. You say air fryer and people know exactly what you are talking about, you say convection oven and people are not thinking air fryer. And I’d say air fryer is slightly different anyways, as not having a pan allows air flow on top and bottom of whatever you put in. Putting your shit on a pan in a convection oven will give you slightly different results

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Did your grandpa invent the convection oven and you're worried air fryers are going to make people forget his legacy? Getting so worked up over something so trivial.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had the 2 for 6 chicken cheddar ranch at Arbys and they were tasty.
Tried them twice, both times kinda almost stale? Or not very juicy? Dunno was sad and miss 2x6 gyro's.

So Salisbury steak...... I started to love it years ago because my hospital cafeteria used to serve some gourmet meals and they like made their own. Was awesome but sadly I'm realizing, not something that's available at a grocery store. But my wife remembered loving them from being a kid so we set out on a series of experiments. I automatically didnt trust banquet/on-cor so we got the $7 salisbury. With mashed taters and pea's was pretty good, just no where near what I remembered and for 6 little patties for $7 wasn't exciting me.

Thanks to the Rona, store hasn't restocked the fucking things in quite some time so my wife got banquet as that's the one she used to love...... Abhorrent. The brown gravy as she insists it is, is like red. The patty just tastes and feels like a bad balogna hot dog with slight iron and occasional mystery gristly bits.... but hey $3 right?

Yesterday I decided I have to get something better. (And after 2 failed attempts, I was going to check if the stouffers was back since my wife was hungering for it and busy being pissed at me.) No dice on stouffers so I got both brands for a side by side. At an even cheaper $2.50 I wasn't optimistic about the on-cor.

But to my suprise..... I think I like the on-cor best of the 3. It's fake sear marks, darker, but tasted denser and beefier even if it's like simulated soy I assume. Gravy was dark if not quite rich and tastes good on it's own. Picky wife refused to even taste the on-cor....... so I guess from now on unless I re-test stouffers when in stock again (I need to head to head it), looks like we each get our own brands box of mystery steak.

• 1Quality Calories

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
they renamed a convection oven to air fryer - it wouldn't be that big of deal except people literally think this is some new magical awesome product which created a whole new way of cooking, but they've been around (in all shapes and sizes) for 75 years. We've got dullard friends who i've explained this to like 20 times and they still think an air fryer is a brand new way of cooking. Boggles my fucking mind.

• 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I mean it’s pretty simple, an air fryer is just a specific type and size of convection oven. You say air fryer and people know exactly what you are talking about, you say convection oven and people are not thinking air fryer. And I’d say air fryer is slightly different anyways, as not having a pan allows air flow on top and bottom of whatever you put in. Putting your shit on a pan in a convection oven will give you slightly different results

I use a basket pan in my convection oven all the time.... basket pans are not a new invention.

like I said earlier, props to the marketers - I'd bet a not insignificant number of people threw away their toaster ovens with a convection setting and bought an "air fryer" (toaster oven with convection setting).

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
they renamed a convection oven to air fryer - it wouldn't be that big of deal except people literally think this is some new magical awesome product which created a whole new way of cooking, but they've been around (in all shapes and sizes) for 75 years. We've got dullard friends who i've explained this to like 20 times and they still think an air fryer is a brand new way of cooking. Boggles my fucking mind.
Which uncle made you some air fried tatter tots after touching you?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I use a basket pan in my convection oven all the time.... basket pans are not a new invention.

like I said earlier, props to the marketers - I'd bet a not insignificant number of people threw away their toaster ovens with a convection setting and bought an "air fryer" (toaster oven with convection setting).
Are there basket pans that don’t restrict airflow to the bottom that also don’t let shit get all over your oven? I mean that’s what an air fryer is, a basket pan with the convection inside of the pan.

I’m not claiming it’s some sort of new way of cooking, but its like sperging our on people that call something a toaster when it’s really just a small oven. It’s more descriptive to just call the thing an air fryer since that is the term that it is known by and is more specific than calling it a convection oven

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the whole.point is everyone here knows they're mini convection oven, yet are labeled air fryers and you called us faggots for calling them air fryers. Thus proving you are a faggot

• 3Like