The Fast Food Thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think the whole.point is everyone here knows they're mini convection oven, yet are labeled air fryers and you called us faggots for calling them air fryers. Thus proving you are a faggot

Not fags, retards.

• 1Worf
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Tried them twice, both times kinda almost stale? Or not very juicy? Dunno was sad and miss 2x6 gyro's.

So Salisbury steak...... I started to love it years ago because my hospital cafeteria used to serve some gourmet meals and they like made their own. Was awesome but sadly I'm realizing, not something that's available at a grocery store. But my wife remembered loving them from being a kid so we set out on a series of experiments. I automatically didnt trust banquet/on-cor so we got the $7 salisbury. With mashed taters and pea's was pretty good, just no where near what I remembered and for 6 little patties for $7 wasn't exciting me.

Thanks to the Rona, store hasn't restocked the fucking things in quite some time so my wife got banquet as that's the one she used to love...... Abhorrent. The brown gravy as she insists it is, is like red. The patty just tastes and feels like a bad balogna hot dog with slight iron and occasional mystery gristly bits.... but hey $3 right?

Yesterday I decided I have to get something better. (And after 2 failed attempts, I was going to check if the stouffers was back since my wife was hungering for it and busy being pissed at me.) No dice on stouffers so I got both brands for a side by side. At an even cheaper $2.50 I wasn't optimistic about the on-cor.

But to my suprise..... I think I like the on-cor best of the 3. It's fake sear marks, darker, but tasted denser and beefier even if it's like simulated soy I assume. Gravy was dark if not quite rich and tastes good on it's own. Picky wife refused to even taste the on-cor....... so I guess from now on unless I re-test stouffers when in stock again (I need to head to head it), looks like we each get our own brands box of mystery steak.

giphy.gif

• 2Supertaster

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah man, "chopped steak" in a brown gravy usually with mushrooms. I loved that Banquet shit as a kid, I bet it tastes like horse hooves now.

• 2Worf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Said fuck it and we ordered some T Bell today delivered. Each got a $5 chalupa box, husband got a cheesy gordita crunch and I got 3 of the little chicken melts. Normally would pair those boxes up with some Baja Blast, but not today, sir. Today, they had fucking pineapple freezes with vanilla cream and they were fucking awesome, like the Taco Bell version of a Dole Whip.

1590613069772.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Said fuck it and we ordered some T Bell today delivered. Each got a $5 chalupa box, husband got a cheesy gordita crunch and I got 3 of the little chicken melts. Normally would pair those boxes up with some Baja Blast, but not today, sir. Today, they had fucking pineapple freezes with vanilla cream and they were fucking awesome, like the Taco Bell version of a Dole Whip.

View attachment 273209
Koush sent me a tell in game just now about this bad boy and probably wondering where I went. On my way to Taco Bell.

• 2Quality Calories

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah man, "chopped steak" in a brown gravy usually with mushrooms. I loved that Banquet shit as a kid, I bet it tastes like horse hooves now.
I worked at a steakhouse in high school and college and the chopped steak was the cheapest thing we had on the menu. It was just ground beef, basically a big hamburger.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My brother was obsessed with cube steak for awhile, I can't tell if that's a step up or step down from Salisbury

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don’t think I’ve ever used cube steak for anything but chicken fried steak

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Are there basket pans that don’t restrict airflow to the bottom that also don’t let shit get all over your oven? I mean that’s what an air fryer is, a basket pan with the convection inside of the pan.

I’m not claiming it’s some sort of new way of cooking, but its like sperging our on people that call something a toaster when it’s really just a small oven. It’s more descriptive to just call the thing an air fryer since that is the term that it is known by and is more specific than calling it a convection oven

Except there is no such thing as "air frying" its a totally false and deceptive term. Go take some raw potatoes, cut them up, and make fries with them in your "air fryer" and let me know how they turn out, lol.

People are so fucking obsessed about "fat" and anything with "fat" which is totally a holdover from the fake news in the 80s that fat is bad for you and gives you heart attacks that people still latch on to these dumb sales pitches because hey you can now fry shit whit no fat! (which are quite brilliant in a way because they sell this shit to idiots)

• 1Truth!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Cube steak is just sirloin that's been smashed with a meat tenderizer. People use it for fried stuff or for asian stuff for some reason. You can make a good chicken fried steak with it, or get a ribeye and do the smashing yourself. But yeah, a step up from chopped steak.

Either way, you can make a salisbury steak that will taste super good and not gross you out with factory farming creepypastas. That's for sure not what those frozen meals are. But still, they taste good. You can't argue with modern science, turning pig snouts into "chopped steak" one miracle at a time.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Except there is no such thing as "air frying" its a totally false and deceptive term. Go take some raw potatoes, cut them up, and make fries with them in your "air fryer" and let me know how they turn out, lol.

People are so fucking obsessed about "fat" and anything with "fat" which is totally a holdover from the fake news in the 80s that fat is bad for you and gives you heart attacks that people still latch on to these dumb sales pitches because hey you can now fry shit whit no fat! (which are quite brilliant in a way because they sell this shit to idiots)
Jesus Christ we’ve been over this. We know it’s just a fucking type of convection oven. Yes it’s a marketing term but that’s what the things are called and everyone knows what you are talking about when you say air fryer

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
My dad told me my mom isn't a vegetarian anymore because of Popeyes chicken sandwhich. She took a bite of my dads and is now addicted.

Tell her she can rationalize it that it's probably lab-synthesized... Oh wait- That's BK!!!

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Jesus Christ we’ve been over this. We know it’s just a fucking type of convection oven. Yes it’s a marketing term but that’s what the things are called and everyone knows what you are talking about when you say air fryer

Not EVERYBODY. I met a guy from mainland China who I thought was a cook, but he probably was a pilot. I thought he told me he was a fryer... He explained "Air Fryer! Air Fryer!!"

And do convection ovens have awesome infomercials?

• 1Picard