The Fast Food Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I fucking love piling mediocre spaghetti on top of huge pieces of garlic bread and eating it together. Awful lotta carbs, but races the taste factor by at LEAST 3.

Next day cold spaghetti sandwiches are tasty.

• 1Triggered
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had a can of spaghetti os for the first time in maybe 10 years. Man... Not sure how you guys eat it. The sauce.is so flavorless

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I had a can of spaghetti os for the first time in maybe 10 years. Man... Not sure how you guys eat it. The sauce.is so flavorless
I have never like Spaghetti-o's. I even admit that Chef boyardee is trash, but it's a buck. 2 bucks for the throwback ones which are better.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don't "like" Chef Boyardee stuff, but when I'm hungry, I sure as fuck will open a family size one, nuke it, and go to town. It's like the human equivalent of dog food. It's good enough to eat, but just awful enough you wouldn't crave it and over-indulge.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is this a thing people seriously do? I can't tell if trolling
Yep. Father in law does that (to be fair, he does it warm too) and for some reason also makes mashed potato sandwiches. He comes from a rich family but I think he said he picked it up in the army.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I haven't really gone out that much lately, but those 4 orders of spicy nugs were amazing. Mixing the honey mustard and sriracha sauce is good shit.

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
When I was in the Navy we went to this nice Italian restaurant and this dude from Kentucky asked for a sketti sandwich. The waitress brings him a plate of spaghetti and two slices of garlic bread. He proceeds to make it into a sandwich and eat it. We all look on in horror and disgust.

His cousin comes to visit a couple of weeks later. Solid 8/10 try to smash and get blown off. We take her to Daytona since she is a big Nascar fan. Wake up in the middle of the night and the cousins are more than kissing.

Flash forward a month. He drops below 2.8 auto drop and is sent to the fleet E-4 MM. Laugh at the stupid sketti sandwich eating cousin fucker. Graduate top 10% of Power School class with little effort, voluntary study hours throughout. Proud as fuck.

1 year later life is hell. 16 hour days for the last 6 months getting quals signed off. Want to die, but too big of a coward. Exhaustly walking to the galley I run into sketti sandwich guy. He runs a crew of 6 mouthbreathers. Points at the bulkhead to paint or lights to change. Brags about working 8 hour days while sitting in the shop drinking coffee and smoking all day. His knuckle-dragging minions do all the work. To top it off he now lives off the ship with his cousin.

I finally get to the galley. SPAGHETTI DAY. Make sketti sandwich. Come to the harsh realization that the cousin fucking Kentucky trash is smarter than me. I want to jump overboard, but I had just got into a fight with my dad and there is no fucking way he is getting my SGLI.

The moral of the story is that sketti sandwiches aren't bad.

• 8Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 11 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I mean, I KNOW you guys have used garlic bread to sop up spaghetti sauce. It's not that much different, just throwing some fucking pasta noodles in there. Now I'm sure there's a million takes on noodle to bread ratio and stuff, but I just like an even amount of spaghetti to bread. Like a nice canapé.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I mean, I KNOW you guys have used garlic bread to sop up spaghetti sauce. It's not that much different, just throwing some fucking pasta noodles in there. Now I'm sure there's a million takes on noodle to bread ratio and stuff, but I just like an even amount of spaghetti to bread. Like a nice canapé.
It's more the cold spaghetti part that feels gross. If good sauce and meatballs seems less gross

Xevy

Log Wizard
I can't say that I've eaten it cold, personally. I have eaten cold spaghetti multiple times, so I can imagine. But hot would make it 3x better.