The Fast Food Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 313596

Chick-fil-A line to the street at 12:30 DC area. Any other place I would nope the fuck out. They had a army of polite people taking orders and I had my 12 piece large Fry and coke in about 6 minutes.
Some friends and I hit a Portillos a while back (I think it was Davenport, Iowa) and it was like this. They had at least two people, on foot, outside in the rain taking new drive-thru orders while directing the people there to pick online orders up to drive around past the drive thru windows. I'm assuming that's what the guy in the picture is doing.

1604101182152.png

• 4Quality Calories
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Portillos closest to me is the worst setup and always mobbed, but yes they do it like this and also have 2 or 3 people running your order to your car. I don't think I've ever ordered from the drive through menu board and I've been going there for 30 years.

And now I want Portillos.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some friends and I hit a Portillos a while back (I think it was Davenport, Iowa) and it was like this. They had at least two people, on foot, outside in the rain taking new drive-thru orders while directing the people there to pick online orders up to drive around past the drive thru windows. I'm assuming that's what the guy in the picture is doing.
My local Chick-fil-A renovated last year and built a carport with lights, heaters and moisturizing fans so they can have 3-4 people with ipads taking orders with two drive thru lanes. They also have a mid-station where they re-verify your order and handle cash payments if you didn't swipe. Because there isn't dine-in they did cones for an "exit lane" through unused parking spaces so if they are handling a large order the cars behind can still get out and keep the drive thru moving.

There's a Burger King next to it and CFA can probably get 30 cars through before BK can do 5. There's an Arby's next to that and they're lucky if 2 people are in that drive thru.

• 3Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 3 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
My local Chick-fil-A renovated last year and built a carport with lights, heaters and moisturizing fans so they can have 3-4 people with ipads taking orders with two drive thru lanes. They also have a mid-station where they re-verify your order and handle cash payments if you didn't swipe. Because there isn't dine-in they did cones for an "exit lane" through unused parking spaces so if they are handling a large order the cars behind can still get out and keep the drive thru moving.

There's a Burger King next to it and CFA can probably get 30 cars through before BK can do 5. There's an Arby's next to that and they're lucky if 2 people are in that drive thru.
My local CFA built the carport thing last year and holy hell they keep those lines moving at a astonishing rate. It's a older location and the amount of real estate they have is fairly small but somehow they squeeze two drive through lines, parking places for pickup orders, and still have the lobby open and they keep those lines moving constantly. They are always backed up into the highway and have two guys that all they do is direct traffic by the road and one in the parking lot to let people get out. You can be at the ass end of the line and have your food inside of about 5 minutes. It's amazing how well oiled of a machine CFA runs there stores. Meanwhile I go to popeyes and order a ten piece and have to wait 10 minutes being one of two cars there.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Finally got one my end of town(next closest is about 10 miles away) and they have this setup(fans, covered etc). I wanted something different today, decided on chinese and it was next door to CFA. They were packed with the double drive thru and a another line of cars circling the parking lot for pick ups(I assume from online ordering). They had 3 people out there with their tablets taking orders. Poor chinese place, they had no one in their drive thru and stare all day next door at the packed chic-fil-a on one side and always busy starbucks on its other side.

I will have to stop by some time now that they are close enough to be worth it and see what all the fuss is about.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember Papa John's Cheeseburger pizza being odd at first but then have such a unique flavor that I crave it later. I revisited the site occasionally to see if it returned.
Now it has. And it bounces from gross to bland. First night was so bland that I momentarily feared I had the rona. But the Arby's mozz were still tasty (still frozen in the center, my guess is they put it on onion ring timer instead of mozzarella).

First world existential crisis

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
View attachment 313596

Chick-fil-A line to the street at 12:30 DC area. Any other place I would nope the fuck out. They had a army of polite people taking orders and I had my 12 piece large Fry and coke in about 6 minutes.
Ours also renovated, replacing parking with carport drive lanes and ipad hotties. Lines are always crazy, but they're also the fastest in town so they're not as bad as they look.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Never made it. One packet with just one average sized tub of s.c stirred up?
Yeah 1 envelope to a 16 oz. container of sour cream. You can also sub in some cream cheese to make it thicker. Also works with Greek Yogurt, but I haven't tried that. Just make sure to mix it well and it's way better the next day.

• 1Quality Calories

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really feeling like some biscuits and gravy for tomorrow morning breakfast, but Wendy's won't have the B&G's in my area, says it's a regional item and I don't have a Whataburger, who also has pretty good B&G's. Might have to hit up one of these breakfast restaurants around that isn't fast food maybe. I can take the kid, and then it's like all official and shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Really feeling like some biscuits and gravy for tomorrow morning breakfast, but Wendy's won't have the B&G's in my area, says it's a regional item and I don't have a Whataburger, who also has pretty good B&G's. Might have to hit up one of these breakfast restaurants around that isn't fast food maybe. I can take the kid, and then it's like all official and shit.
hole in the wall breakfast places are the best.

• 1Truth!

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Carl's jr has b&g

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

Wondering if people should try this with different flavored chips
I was totally expecting them to cook the steaks while crusted in the chips, and NOT just roll the finished product in chips before eating. I was like "How are you going to keep the chips intact while cooking?" and then suddenly "Fuck...kids already do this with sandwiches..."

• 1Like