The Fast Food Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Too many of the better brands of pizza are only available in 12" or larger. A few put out 6" ones but they need better serving sizes other than 2500 calories and Small
So you're saying they need bigger sizes?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
My buddy is still sending me pictures of food from his trip to Hawaii

FFS

1615132978028.png

• 3Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
If you use the McDonald's app, you get a coupon for a free Crispy Chicken sandwich EVERY DAY.
That makes me think this promo is not going all that well.
1615133127514.png

So, you can get soda and a free chicken sandwich.

I bought 5 already this week. Cut them up in quarters and we shared them among friends and family. Mixed reviews (but none stellar). No one thought it was even in the same class as Chik Fil'A or Popeyes.

My thought-- the bun is sweet and tasty, the sauce is meh (and, as with the filet o fish) too much of it. The meat has a slightly rubbery, processed feel to it and a salty taste. Not offensive but not great. Kinda like a chewier inside of a mcnugget.

I don' predict that it will be a hit.

Get the app and try away!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think these are the best frozen pizzas on the market. Their crust like a hard pastry. Its fucking great. You can also actually taste the sausage and stuff unlike most frozen pizza.

View attachment 340105

I couldn't agree more. All the wife and I have been buying when it comes to frozen pizza for a year or so. Everything about it is amazing.

• 1Quality Calories

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
wait until you get a Bonchon near you...

Most amazing korean style wings and awesome dumplings!

I'd be stoked if that opened here. But just ask Lanx Lanx ...this is not a really good market for that here.

(maybe deep in Johnson County for the hipsters, or a couple hipster areas, but overall, not holding my breath)

But maybe I'm wrong. Hawaiian Brothers opened here and they've been making a killing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd be stoked if that opened here. But just ask Lanx Lanx ...this is not a really good market for that here.

(maybe deep in Johnson County for the hipsters, or a couple hipster areas, but overall, not holding my breath)

But maybe I'm wrong. Hawaiian Brothers opened here and they've been making a killing.
the korean fried chicken place i liked closed down in overland park, if you want "asian" food thats where you head

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Which place was that?

Now I'm googling places LOL, and I'm looking at the menu for this place: HOME - kokodakchicken

Tell me what I should order
i was thinking that mightve been the place we did also goto, but my googlemaps doesn't say i visited it, but then my phone was wonky for a bit, so idk

*edit nvm
1081da914dea7b334018165bbddce520.png

that is the place, google maps doesn't work on firefox for past visited places, it's pretty far south tho,

but yea that place does have good korean fried chicken

the texture is different cuz it's made with potato starch, and it'll burn your asshole, a good recipe to see how it's made is by maangchi (well i just use her for all my korean recipes)

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Yeah, a lot of that stuff is way south of me. Like Home - Chosun Korean BBQ
I had this one korean roommate and his mom made the best stuff and just load us up. Totally typical jars of things outside and the house reeked of asain fermented items. She made us these weekly bags of marinated beef. The best way i could explain it is the best mongolian beef ever but I havent been able to create it or have EVER found anything near it in any restaurant.

• 1Quality Calories

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I had this one korean roommate and his mom made the best stuff and just load us up. Totally typical jars of things outside and the house reeked of asain fermented items. She made us these weekly bags of marinated beef. The best way i could explain it is the best mongolian beef ever but I havent been able to create it or have EVER found anything near it in any restaurant.
Most likey bulgogi or galbi.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
wait until you get a Bonchon near you...

Most amazing korean style wings and awesome dumplings!

See, I had people at my work here in Orlando tell me that one of these opened and I just kind of brushed it off. And now I see them mentioned again on here, I guess I have to try them now.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Got some of that Korean noodle sauce stuff. Used it in my homemade ramen and it was a welcome addition, added a lovely heat and good flavor but not too much that it’s painful.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Also apparently a new Girl Scout cookie flavor this year. Tastes like a giant piece of French toast crunch. We’ll see if the bag lasts the night.

110007A8-A530-4187-9885-D178237F83A0.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users