The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
God I love crinkle cut fries. They're very under appreciated. That crunchy outside and fluffy interior, the way it kind of bursts outward like a puff of downy soft pillow in your mouth.

5uy.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
God I love crinkle cut fries. They're very under appreciated. That crunchy outside and fluffy interior, the way it kind of bursts outward like a puff of downy soft pillow in your mouth.

5uy.gif

So few people/places cook them well I'll never order them when I'm out.

e54bc86d182d90285055e615791d6076.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

5uy.gif
Place near me that I can walk to (Bruschi's if you are in Sacramento) has literally the generic bag of frozen crinkle cut fries from whatever that "all pizza tastes the same" company is (or one exactly the same I'm sure), yet they cook it perfectly every time. And since I'm a regular that they recognize, tip well (even though I'm against tipping as a guilt mechanism! these guys deserve it), and I give them $20 each at Christmas for taking care of me, they fill the outer bag with all the excess fries from the basket that won't fit in the fry sleeve. I would rather have those fries than any other fries in town.

When I was a kid, my mom used to cut up potatoes with that crinkle thing and fry her own in a wok. She cut them too thin, but otherwise they were heavenly.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
That list with Braum's fries as B tier is wrong as fuck. They serve the best crinkle cut fries I've had. The one closest to my house also salts the shit out of them. It is the only place I get fries that I don't have to add extra salt.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Was heading out to a work site and didn't want my typical mexican taco gorging, so put into google maps to look at places next to it. See some wings to go place I've never been to that is fairly new and decided it was time for my monthly 50 wings + bottle of ranch lunch. When I opened the menu my eyes nearly burst out of my head.

Here's the haul I got. Burger was really damn good, especially for what I payed. Fries were amazing. Fat crinkle is a brave choice with how often they are bad/undercooked, but they had an awesome crisp of a potato chip on the outside with light fluffy texture on the inside. Perfect. The bulgogi was great, and there was a little sauce on the side to add in that tasted amazing. Their honey mustard wings were some of the best I've ever had.

Next time I'm getting the bibimbap and dumplings. Onion rings didn't survive the trip to the job. Why the hell is the place only advertising itself for wings?

View attachment 339664
C'mon man, you have to give us a name/location

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was heading out to a work site and didn't want my typical mexican taco gorging, so put into google maps to look at places next to it. See some wings to go place I've never been to that is fairly new and decided it was time for my monthly 50 wings + bottle of ranch lunch. When I opened the menu my eyes nearly burst out of my head.

Here's the haul I got. Burger was really damn good, especially for what I payed. Fries were amazing. Fat crinkle is a brave choice with how often they are bad/undercooked, but they had an awesome crisp of a potato chip on the outside with light fluffy texture on the inside. Perfect. The bulgogi was great, and there was a little sauce on the side to add in that tasted amazing. Their honey mustard wings were some of the best I've ever had.

Next time I'm getting the bibimbap and dumplings. Onion rings didn't survive the trip to the job. Why the hell is the place only advertising itself for wings?

View attachment 339664
Funny you say this, here we have a "woodys wings and things" that is a wing and burger place that also has an extensive and amazing thai menu.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

5uy.gif
Del Taco has some amazing crinkle-cut fries for some reason. I love getting some burritos with some fries!

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

5uy.gif
just b/c you mentioned it, i bought a package

20210305_085825.jpg

@Falxy-US i get the fryer saturday... it'll be carb overload day, lulz, i also i'm changing up the way i clean the oil, it'll be a funnel but before that i'll put a gold tone coffee basket, should be enough to catch everything but powder, but also not be slow enough that i have to wait a day for it to drain using paper towel/coffee filter

• 3Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

View attachment 339808

@Falxy-US i get the fryer saturday... it'll be carb overload day, lulz, i also i'm changing up the way i clean the oil, it'll be a funnel but before that i'll put a gold tone coffee basket, should be enough to catch everything but powder, but also not be slow enough that i have to wait a day for it to drain using paper towel/coffee filter

Please let me know how it turns out! I want to get the same fryer!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

View attachment 339808

fully expecting flip flops and socks at the bottom of that pic

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Post your Friday dinners!

BBEE0DCB-A959-40ED-A738-0642E95ACF28.jpeg

Asada Tacos 🌮
Jarritos Lime /Mandarin/ Pineapple
Reese’s Egg King Size

dessert:

Herrs new Fire Curls

FE9231B0-0A1B-45AF-971A-515BBB728C85.jpeg

1614980703840.gif

1614980594227.gif

Last edited:
  • 3Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Got me one of these for lunch. It was edible, but unimpressed. The croissantness of it was a step down from regular pizza crust. Not bad, but not good.

digiorno-dxn0lv7n3siugz9kxcyz.png

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Got me one of these for lunch. It was edible, but unimpressed. The croissantness of it was a step down from regular pizza crust. Not bad, but not good.

digiorno-dxn0lv7n3siugz9kxcyz.png
I agree. Edible, but definitely the worst crust digiorno makes.