The Fast Food Thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yes, yes they do.

Also service there is very good for a fast food restaurant. From what it looks like they try to really make it a team atmosphere back there and give something for their young employees to buy into. One of two fast food restaurants I'd still go to if I wasn't avoiding delicious fried foods.

And you can and should dip everything into that sauce. Actually if I had a complaint about Cane's, it would about the sauce. It used to come in a container about twice the size they do now AND they didn't charge for extra sauce. Now of course they charge for extra sauce, which I can understand that, but at the same time they cut the size of the sauce container in half.
Extra sauce is only like 30 cents though. And I imagine that Canes probably pays their employees a better wage to get better workers. Sort of like Chic Fil A.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Chipotle has been advertising their catering service for 20 - 200 people on the radio lately. I'm so, so tempted to order myself catering for 20 people. I'm really curious how much food they give.
DO IT. You know you really do want to. Please post pics of the feast, before, during and after. But not too much after.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wanted to try Raising Cane's so bad on our drive to Florida. The closest one was Athens, GA and I don't really think driving ~100 miles out of the way was really worth it no matter how good it is.
frown.png

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I did the same thing when I drove to Florida, I mapped it out and I saw that one in Athens and briefly considered it. It looks like it was only 30 minutes or so off 85 but fuck all that.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Canes is good but I don't think I'd go that far out of the way to get it
Yeah, Cane's is good, but I don't know if its 30 minutes out of the way on a long trip good. It is after all, just chicken fingers.

The other thing about Cane's though is the smell, I can't describe it, but there is just something about it; whenever I see or smell food that is "bad" for you I don't have a problem staying away, except for Cane's. Whenever people get it for lunch here at work I can smell that smell wafting down from all the way upstairs and I want to have it so bad.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
DO IT. You know you really do want to. Please post pics of the feast, before, during and after. But not too much after.
I looked up the prices, and it would be about $250 to get the minimum catering order. Sadly that's more money than I'm able to invest into delicious Chipotle food products.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've had Chipotle catering, we had it ordered in for about 30 of us during an all-day training class at work. It was alright, its just a make-your-own burrito bar. Although I did think about commandeering the entire giant bowl of guac.

(pic not mine)
IMG_4847-768x1024.jpg

All it really taught me is that I suck balls at rolling a burrito, shit fell apart in a hurry on me.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, Cane's is good, but I don't know if its 30 minutes out of the way on a long trip good. It is after all, just chicken fingers.

The other thing about Cane's though is the smell, I can't describe it, but there is just something about it; whenever I see or smell food that is "bad" for you I don't have a problem staying away, except for Cane's. Whenever people get it for lunch here at work I can smell that smell wafting down from all the way upstairs and I want to have it so bad.
Florida has Zaxbys and Chik Fil A for all of your tender needs as well, not sure how they stack up against Canes but both are decent.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah we passed a bunch of Zaxbys on the way down here. Might check it out on the drive back if there is one around lunch time.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Yeah we passed a bunch of Zaxbys on the way down here. Might check it out on the drive back if there is one around lunch time.
You really did take Soy's life!

Anyway, I kind of splurged today with my sodium/carbs thing and went to Taco Bell. I really wanted to try the new quesarito, but I got 2 chalupa's instead. I hadn't had them in a long time, and they were awesome (for TB). The lettuce was fresh and not nasty tasting, and the tomatoes were actually ripe.

I probably went over on the sodium (hard not to with fast food) but the carbs were ok for a meal.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Florida has Zaxbys and Chik Fil A for all of your tender needs as well, not sure how they stack up against Canes but both are decent.
Never had Zaxbys, but yeah I want to say Cane's chicken tenders are much, much better than chikfila's. It's been awhile since I've had chickfila's though(because if I want chicken tenders I'm getting cane's) so I can't remember are they just all white meat or are they tender loins? Part of what makes cane's so good is every chicken tender is just the tender loin of a breast.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Zaxby's is whore filth trash and shouldn't be used in the same sentence as Caine's. I would kill an infant to get me some Caines up here. The only thing I would consider close is Guthrie's which we had back in Auburn. Slim Chicken, Zaxby, and there is one or two other around here that don't come close.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Common dinner in my house hold is go to the grocery store, buy one of them hot fresh French bread loafs for $1.49 and then get a few pounds of chicken strips from the deli. Extra props if they have the Heinz packets of sauce, I get the buffalo flavor.

Rip a hunk of French bread, and some chicken tenders, and you all good.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yes, yes they do.

Also service there is very good for a fast food restaurant. From what it looks like they try to really make it a team atmosphere back there and give something for their young employees to buy into. One of two fast food restaurants I'd still go to if I wasn't avoiding delicious fried foods.

And you can and should dip everything into that sauce. Actually if I had a complaint about Cane's, it would about the sauce. It used to come in a container about twice the size they do now AND they didn't charge for extra sauce. Now of course they charge for extra sauce, which I can understand that, but at the same time they cut the size of the sauce container in half.
The nicer Chicken Express chains in the DFW area also have this extreme high level of service with workers whom seem like they care. I also prefer their chicken strips to Cane's but to each their own.

I've never had Zaxby's but there is one right down teh street. I almost caved when I started seeing commercials for their Birthday cake milkshake, apparently it's insanely good.

f4276c08f24bac0e36a540259cbb6a85.jpg

McCheese

Everything flavored "Birthday Cake" tastes like shit. I had birthday cake jelly beans recently and they were terribad.

McCheese

Well obviously "Birthday Cake" flavored (fuck the Brits) birthday cake tastes fine. That's like asking why "Bacon" flavored jelly beans are disgusting when "Bacon" bacon tastes fine.

Clown question, bro.