The Fast Food Thread

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is one next to our Trader Joe's but I always end up in the area before they open. I love a good buffalo chicken sandwich so may need to check it out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lanx Lanx got me wanting a hot dog

Chicago Dog

1617659824034.png

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Banana peppers instead of sport peppers
Clearly no celery salt
No poppy seed bun

4/10 would not bang

• 3Like
  • 2Mic Drop
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I love that chicagoans are so condescending about people putting ketchup on their hot dogs but they think you need a whole god damn salad on top of the thing to be eating it correctly.

• 5Solidarity
  • 5Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 11 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes I would. That thing is literally perfection.

I'm not really a hot dog purist, I don't mind ketchup on a hot dog at all. In fact if I got the above at Portillo's I would 100% add ketchup when I got home.

The only time I don't put ketchup on a hot dog is when I have the hot dogs at Gene and Jude's because they literally don't have any there. There is a McDonald's next store that has signs all over the place that say "No Gene and Jude's customers" because people will walk over there to get ketchup.

They server the depression dog which is just relish, onions, and mustard with a pile of fries on top.

1617662470726.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Tomato on that thing is fucking gross, it's pre-ketchup and worse.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm a descendant of Chicagoans and my brother actually lives there now. That said, Chicago hot dogs are not the greatest fucking thing to do with a hot dog. If you're going to pile some shit on top of it it should be chili, onions, and some cheese.

Not that they're bad, but it's like a worse argument of "NEW YORK PIZZA IS ONLY AND BEST PIZZA" but with a much, much weaker case. But the NY pizza shit is stupid too.

And honestly a nice all beef hotdog with mustard, onions, AND KETCHUP is pretty fuckin' nice. Is it the best? Who knows. But the ketchup and mustard in tandem is good.

If I want to make you guys upset though when I was a kid I'd melt a kraft single on it in the microwave then slather a little ketchup on it. On a bun, of course, I'm not some keto weirdo.

• 5Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I love that chicagoans are so condescending about people putting ketchup on their hot dogs but they think you need a whole god damn salad on top of the thing to be eating it correctly.
I prefer the Maxwell Street Polish over a Chicago Style dog.
rb9pj2uc9a711.jpg

• 5Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I want to make you guys upset though when I was a kid I'd melt a kraft single on it in the microwave then slather a little ketchup on it. On a bun, of course, I'm not some keto weirdo.
This is not weird at all.

My lazy lunch is hot dog wrapped in kraft single in the bun, wrapped in a paper towel, microwave for 30 seconds.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
But the NY pizza shit is stupid too.
there are thousands trying to replicate a ny pizza dough and you have retards like myself that are so desperate we get a dedicated pizza oven

vs.

buying a hot dog and bun anywhere in the country and slapping 1 to 5 salad bar items and squirting 1 to 3 sauces.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
On the one hand, I really want to thank everyone for this Chicago-dog derail. Because I totally screenshotted parts of it and sent it to my hardcore Chicagoan hot-dog purist bestie.

I can hear the Maximum Rustle already

But on the other hand, some of you can't judge anyone else for their horrible food opinions, LOL

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m out of my element with hot dogs. I’ll try anything. Prefer NY style with extra onions but Chicago and Detroit looks great too.

Here is something I know a lot about.

burnt end sandwich

1617668794820.jpeg

• 4Quality Calories
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users