The Fast Food Thread

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Been shopping at Trader Joes a lot lately, and have just recently discovered the frozen section. My god, everything is good to great. Kimchi fried rice for $3? Awesome, microwaveable. Loaded frozen pizzas for $5? Great, maybe top tier frozen pies. Mini tacos, tamales, enchiladas all A+. Butter Chicken is excellent as well. The only miss (I've tried like 25 different entrees) is their ice creams, mochi etc are all just okay. Not terrible, but not any better than Target/Costco equivalent. All the Asian food is pretty great for how cheap and convenient it is.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Been shopping at Trader Joes a lot lately, and have just recently discovered the frozen section. My god, everything is good to great. Kimchi fried rice for $3? Awesome, microwaveable. Loaded frozen pizzas for $5? Great, maybe top tier frozen pies. Mini tacos, tamales, enchiladas all A+. Butter Chicken is excellent as well. The only miss (I've tried like 25 different entrees) is their ice creams, mochi etc are all just okay. Not terrible, but not any better than Target/Costco equivalent. All the Asian food is pretty great for how cheap and convenient it is.
Trader Joes rules. We used to buy their orange chicken and heat it up in a wok. Came out fantastic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
take pics of the pizzas next time, since i'm doing this frozen pizza project, lulz (not like i have a trader joes, tho)

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
They also seem to constantly release new stuff, too. We go once a month for a big shopping trip to fill up our freezers, and it seems like each time we see something we haven't seen before.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1617816492572.jpeg

• 1WTF
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
They also seem to constantly release new stuff, too. We go once a month for a big shopping trip to fill up our freezers, and it seems like each time we see something we haven't seen before.
Yup, and while I know it's not super duper healthy (I know this is the fast food thread), it's definitely not as bad as my lunches at Whataburger/Freebirds. It's cheap, good and reasonably nutritious I guess. I'm heading over now to see what new shit they got!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
never had orange chicken in my life
Dude, no matter how Chinese elitist you are Orange Chicken is fucking delicious.

Asian food is my favorite by far and I understand what bastardized American bullshit is. But you faulty armors got us figured out. General Tso, Orange Chicken, Sesame, sweet and sour pork and so on are amazing.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i've also never been to panda express, isn't that like you i-talians hating on olive garden?
Okay so Orange Chicken was always called "Sesame Chicken" when I was a kid in Oregon. We had three Chinese restaurants, a Sushi bar, and a Korean restaurant because we are a port town. If you go to redneck town like Coos Bay Oregon I am telling you that Orange Chicken is delicious. Not authentic... but totally fast food amazing.

We even had a very small Asian grocery with Kimchi and other specialty shit. I wasn't as ignorant as most.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Okay so Orange Chicken was always called "Sesame Chicken" when I was a kid in Oregon. We had three Chinese restaurants, a Sushi bar, and a Korean restaurant because we are a port town. If you go to redneck town like Coos Bay Oregon I am telling you that Orange Chicken is delicious. Not authentic... but totally fast food amazing.

We even had a very small Asian grocery with Kimchi and other specialty shit. I wasn't as ignorant as most.
i mean i know orange chicken i've seen white ppl order it chinese take out, it's basically general tso's with orange sauce, i've just never had.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
TJ's definitely has the best frozen food. Their frozen gyoza is top notch. So are almost all the Indian dishes.

• 2Like