The Fast Food Thread

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, but was it like $22?
Easily Cheaper than McDonald’s . $17 for all that.

Fact I thought about you. Three large fries and a small Mc flurry at McDonald’s was16 bucks the other day.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, large fries are like $4 a piece, huge profit margin for them and people like their fries more than their burgers. I will say I'm surprised all that for under $20.

HOWEVER if I went to McD's for breakfast with $17 you'd see so many goddamn breakfast burritos and McGriddles your head would be spinning. With a nice $2 large iced coffee, of course.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, large fries are like $4 a piece, huge profit margin for them and people like their fries more than their burgers. I will say I'm surprised all that for under $20.

HOWEVER if I went to McD's for breakfast with $17 you'd see so many goddamn breakfast burritos and McGriddles your head would be spinning. With a nice $2 large iced coffee, of course.
Yeah but spicy chicken biscuit is vastly superior to their breakfast burritos and don’t leave a stain on the toliet. Now say the same about their Bacon egg and cheese or and the price goes up.

I love MCD bacon egg and cheese.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I used to get the Steak Egg and Cheese but jesus the amount of salt in that thing. Way to jumpstart your colon in the morning for sure though. The Bacon Egg and Cheese bagel is pretty fucking great though, but think they're almost $4 as well. Sometimes you get a 2 for $5 deal with either bagels or McGriddles or mix and match and that's pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I used to get the Steak Egg and Cheese but jesus the amount of salt in that thing. Way to jumpstart your colon in the morning for sure though. The Bacon Egg and Cheese bagel is pretty fucking great though, but think they're almost $4 as well. Sometimes you get a 2 for $5 deal with either bagels or McGriddles or mix and match and that's pretty good.
I mean you are mr deals first and foremost which is great. Also I just wanted to show you that Chick-fil-A and Mickey ds are a lot closer in price now for their mainstays which is kinda fucked.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I mean you are mr deals first and foremost which is great. Also I just wanted to show you that Chick-fil-A and Mickey ds are a lot closer in price now for their mainstays which is kinda fucked.
Yea, been noticing that McDonald’s price creep. When Chick-fil-A is the same price I’m not giving the arches even a first look.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I picked up a giant bottle of Chik-Fil-A sauce at Kroger the other day, can't wait to get the beetus.
yea bitch, that fucking jug o sauce is amazing!

and this new kroger for me has banquet frozen nugs

the aldi brand nugs were good too

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea, been noticing that McDonald’s price creep. When Chick-fil-A is the same price I’m not giving the arches even a first look.
For what I want it’s about the same price. I don’t do the dollar menus.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if i remember my teenage years, steak had it's own special seasoning (as opposed to the regular s&p you shake on for burgers), you can just order a steak/egg and cheese bagel w/o seasoning and they'll have to cook it fresh

dont' worry, it's normal, mcdees has like this little section for fries that is salt free if ppl want fries w/o salt

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Took my parents to Portillos for their first time. They loved it although my dad was like I'll go to weinerschnitzle for cheap hot dogs still.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I have a bone to pick with you Americans after being "corrected" tonight. How do you monkeys differentiate between these verbally?

popeyes-chicken-sandwich-copycat-recipe.jpg

ChickenSandwich_feature.jpg

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I have a bone to pick with you Americans after being "corrected" tonight. How do you monkeys differentiate between these verbally?

No 1. Crispy Chicken Sandwich (breaded and fried)
No 2. Grilled Chicken Sandwich (no breading, grilled instead of fried)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Top: chicken sandwich (whether it’s crispy or grilled)
Bottom: chicken on rye/chicken on whatever bread that is

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Chicken that isn't breaded and fried is always referred to as "grilled chicken" aka the "healthy" option

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I guess it would help is which piece are you trying to differentiate? The style of the chicken or the style of the sandwich? Or both?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
If I hear the words "chicken sandwich" I always think of the top pic, regardless of how the chicken is prepared. Now, if I heard the words "turkey sandwich" I would imagine a sandwhich like the one on the bottom. I don't really have distinct words for that bottom pic other than <meat> on <bread>. I guess it's technically just also a chicken sandwich?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users