The Fast Food Thread

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's good, very generic and has a very unique sauce. I rarely get it, not because it's bad but because I'd rather get something else.
We've only had one close to us for 4 years or so, and I already can tell the tenders are getting smaller.
People like my brother who have lived in Baton Rouge for 15 years (and other places that have had Canes for years) I'm sure feel the same way. He complains about it all the time.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
We've only had one close to us for 4 years or so, and I already can tell the tenders are getting smaller.
People like my brother who have lived in Baton Rouge for 15 years (and other places that have had Canes for years) I'm sure feel the same way. He complains about it all the time.
Raising canes is a laser beam focused restaurant. It probably mostly appeals to people with kids, because you can go in there and everyone just eats chicken tenders. Nice and simple, and really nothing to offend anyone who might be picky.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Raising canes is a laser beam focused restaurant. It probably mostly appeals to people with kids, because you can go in there and everyone just eats chicken tenders. Nice and simple, and really nothing to offend anyone who might be picky.
Yeah not a fan but didn’t have kids when I went. 100% would go now with the kid.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Cane's sauce is in the S tier of fast food sauces.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have to self super taster, but I don't like the caines sauce. Too strong on the pepper. Good chicken, I could eat a whole loaf of their texas toast. Certainly expensive ish for what you get these days. If someone buys, great, otherwise I'd be more inclined to just get 2 popeyes chicken. (And I want to go test the rumor that the BK chicken is actually good though I bet it's more than $4 of popeyes)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have to self super taster, but I don't like the caines sauce. Too strong on the pepper. Good chicken, I could eat a whole loaf of their texas toast. Certainly expensive ish for what you get these days. If someone buys, great, otherwise I'd be more inclined to just get 2 popeyes chicken. (And I want to go test the rumor that the BK chicken is actually good though I bet it's more than $4 of popeyes)
Yeah I’d definitely take the Popeyes chicken sandwich over anything at canes.

try the Mardi Gras sauce there it’s so good

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yes there sauce is phenomenal

the tenders are B+
Compared to who though? There’s not really many fast food places with chicken tenders that I would say are better than Canes. I’d take their tenders over chick fil a nuggets, not sure who else would be close to those two.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Compared to who though? There’s not really many fast food places with chicken tenders that I would say are better than Canes. I’d take their tenders over chick fil a nuggets, not sure who else would be close to those two.
Yeah not me. I’d rather have the nugs.

Hit the one up in Conway several times and the tenders were good but nothing special.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah not me. I’d rather have the nugs.

Hit the one up in Conway several times and the tenders were good but nothing special.
That’s basically how I’d describe chick fil a nuggets too. I agree that canes tenders aren’t super special, but I don’t know any place that has amazing tenders.

Xevy

Log Wizard
2 beefy burritos
1 5-layer beef burrito
2 potato tacos

$7.18 after tax. Tbell is back!

No, I didn't get Baja blast because I got DD iced coffee. The smoked vanilla syrup they have now basically makes the whole thing taste like a fucking vanilla milkshake. Pretty good if you aren't that into coffee taste and want a 300 calorie milkshake instead of a 1000 calorie one.

• 1Cringe

rad

Lord of Guk
2 beefy burritos
1 5-layer beef burrito
2 potato tacos

No, I didn't get Baja blast because I got DD iced coffee. The smoked vanilla syrup they have now basically makes the whole thing taste like a fucking vanilla milkshake. Pretty good if you aren't that into coffee taste and want a 300 calorie milkshake instead of a 1000 calorie one.

intro-1601478474.jpg

Been hooked on these for the same reason, frosty mix best fuckin creamer ever!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That’s basically how I’d describe chick fil a nuggets too. I agree that canes tenders aren’t super special, but I don’t know any place that has amazing tenders.
I mean for fast food they both rock.

And yeah I don't know really any A+++ tenders anywhere that is a national or regional big chain.

As for the tenders I like mine cooked pretty good same with Chickfila nugs. I love the nugs when they have been fried a little longer than normal. I don't like them when they arent super crispy on the outside.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
2 beefy burritos
1 5-layer beef burrito
2 potato tacos

The extra $.50 to add potatoes to the beef burritos are worth it. $3 for a beefy 5 layer burrito is ridiculous though

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I love Raising Caines personally. Chicken is always high quality and the sauce is awesome. The tea is great too. Even Popeyes uses their tea.
Canes is good. I’m usually a bone in guy, but if I feel like just eating tendies I’ll hit them up.

To review those diamond reaper almonds, awesome. The heat is real good and the flavor is surprisingly good. I’d say they hit the heat of a good strong Serrano. Strong enough to be felt, but not crazy. It’s rare the flavor is so nice on these super hot things from big companies, so definitely a big recommend.

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Beef and Potatoes Burrito are really good.
Yeah sucks that they removed the dollar version from the menu. The beef burrito is just the beef potato burrito but with rice instead of potato, and it is far inferior. It’s dumb that you can just sub rice for potatoes without paying an extra 50 cents (at least on the app). Still definitely worth the $1.50 though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Finally had the Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich. Definitely very good, very crispy, I don't know if there was enough sauce, but for about $4 it was a huge sandwich and pretty great. Feel like they fry it in the same oil as the fish they fry, had that fried fish kinda taste to it which I didn't mind. Took about 10 minutes to cook, but I knew that before I even drove there. On a one-on-one basis I'd say it was the best one of the spicy chicken sandwiches. For the money I'd still say BKs Crispy Spicy Chicken is the best because you can get two for $6. But yeah, texture wise Popeye's was definitely unique and really good.