The Fast Food Thread

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We have very strict rules when it comes to what makes a restaurant a fast food restaurant. Very strict rules.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You can get better burgers and fries, and usually cheaper, from any local bar. Just call ahead to pick it up or become a regular.

Or does that not count as fast food?
fries? unless it's an irish pub, no

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
fries? unless it's an irish pub, no
I'm in the midwest. Every bar fry cook is an ex-con. If they are white, they are 'Scotch/Irish'. If they are black, they are from Atlanta. They know how to fry fries.

Got our fair share of Mexican and Asian joints too. Real melting pot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
lulz what the shit is this?

3.19 for medium fries
afaa116d7353b15b796277e6b3cf6a45.png

.10c more and i get a basket
7811be9b97a8f964f54d18861165b0ab.png
McDonalds around here does Fryday pretty much every Friday. $1 large fry with any purchase. Check the app.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
For fast food, outside of novelty items like the McRib, Angry Whopper, whatever Hardees specialty that looks good, you just go for value menu in bulk. That's the key. Buying 4 burgers at $1.50 each is going to be way better than buying one meal with one slightly fancier burger for 2-3x the price. Fast food is about quantity calories, not quality calories.
Buying four value burgers is completely not the same meat to bun ratio when added together, you're filling up on white bread basically.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm in the midwest. Every bar fry cook is an ex-con. If they are white, they are 'Scotch/Irish'. If they are black, they are from Atlanta. They know how to fry fries.

Got our fair share of Mexican and Asian joints too. Real melting pot.
I forget where you're from but this is accurate for Michigan. Any bar that serves burgers is going to give you, rather than no fries, at least a half basket full of fries sometimes a full basket.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
does anyone have any preference for mix? i rarely make waffles but keep a box of
97de843effa6d9c7d90549bde44ca391.jpg

i've banned black products in my house since blm so no aunt jamima
Come on bro all the cooking shit you do and you're using a boxed waffle mix?

disappoint

My waffles are fucking great, I've never had a waffle better than the ones I make. I would just never, under any circumstances, put a fucking piece of fried chicken on them.

• 1Quality Calories

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Come on bro all the cooking shit you do and you're using a boxed waffle mix?

disappoint

My waffles are fucking great, I've never had a waffle better than the ones I make. I would just never, under any circumstances, put a fucking piece of fried chicken on them.
well waffle recipes require milk and i don't keep milk in my fridge, but boxxed mix just needs eggs

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I just found you could buy chikfila sauce at heb.
yea i've been using it for banquet nugs...

tho i've seen youtube vids where ppl say the tyson nugs are the best...

even tho i don't want tyson no more, the banquet nugs are "ok" on a good day.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
well waffle recipes require milk and i don't keep milk in my fridge, but boxxed mix just needs eggs
Milk is gross to drink so I can kinda understand but cmon, you have to have milk in the fridge if you're gonna cook. Its a pretty widely used ingredient

• 1Truth!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Milk is gross to drink so I can kinda understand but cmon, you have to have milk in the fridge if you're gonna cook. Its a pretty widely used ingredient
besides baking which i don't do (i do plan to make square bread soon) and gravy which i don't make

• 1WTF

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They now use 0 trans fat vegan friendly shit to fry them in.
i don't even believe in that transfat, or free radicle bullshit no more

besides, who in their right mind walks into mcdonalds at 2002 and said

"wow these fries are totally unhealthy, lets make the oil worse, but healthier" (not)

• 1Like

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
i don't even believe in that transfat, or free radicle bullshit no more

besides, who in their right mind walks into mcdonalds at 2002 and said

"wow these fries are totally unhealthy, lets make the oil worse, but healthier" (not)
This happened back in the '80s, when saturated fat was thought to be the devil. McD switched from frying their fries (and fruit pies too I think) in beef tallow to some crappy vegetable oil.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yea i've been using it for banquet nugs...

tho i've seen youtube vids where ppl say the tyson nugs are the best...

even tho i don't want tyson no more, the banquet nugs are "ok" on a good day.
Meijer brand chicken nuggets are the best IME, if y'all have Meijer. All breast meat om nom nom chicken boobies.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Tried Mr. Beast burger this week, I guess it's some streamer's burger company or some shit and it's only delivery via a pop-up kitchen from DoorDash and the like. Damn good burger.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The new nuggets from Popeyes continue to be amazing. Very crispy and crunchy outside and tender white meat inside.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users