The Fast Food Thread

Sevens

Log Wizard
The best thing McDonald's ever did was to put a coating on their chicken nuggets

coat.jpg

As opposed to most places that use a breading

bread.jpg

The coating they use is just far superior to any breading.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tried Chipotle's new brisket last night. Its ok, not bad but also dont get a distinct brisket taste.

And damn this is getting expensive. $11 after taxes for just the burrito!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Tried Mr. Beast burger this week, I guess it's some streamer's burger company or some shit and it's only delivery via a pop-up kitchen from DoorDash and the like. Damn good burger.
you can do pick up as well, i was gonna do one on friday, but then my wife said i probably make better burgers

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
you can do pick up as well, i was gonna do one on friday, but then my wife said i probably make better burgers

I thought about going myself but the locations don't pull up on the maps at all. So I just got it delivered.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I was seriously curious about this. Won't try it now.
I had the brisket a while back. It's definitely not a cancerous, disgusting ass-destroy disaster like their chorizo was. It's something I could see eating again if my mood was right. If you got a store that still does the oldschool quesadillas it'd probably shine in one of those.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The best thing McDonald's ever did was to put a coating on their chicken nuggets

View attachment 381027

As opposed to most places that use a breading

View attachment 381028

The coating they use is just far superior to any breading.

We in the industry refer to it as "battered", same way I like my mozz sticks. Its a pain in the ass to produce battered items over breaded items though, so that plays a factor.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had the brisket a while back. It's definitely not a cancerous, disgusting ass-destroy disaster like their chorizo was. It's something I could see eating again if my mood was right. If you got a store that still does the oldschool quesadillas it'd probably shine in one of those.
All chipotle offer quesadillas you just have to order it using the app.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
All chipotle offer quesadillas you just have to order it using the app.
Their on the menu quesadillas are overpriced and suck. The old burrito fold quesadilla is a million times better and cheaper if your store does it, but it's an off the menu thing.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
We in the industry refer to it as "battered", same way I like my mozz sticks. Its a pain in the ass to produce battered items over breaded items though, so that plays a factor.
mcdee nuggs get battered, breaded then tempura battered

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
All batter/breaded items get both a batter and breading, its the final step that determines if its breaded or battered. If its Batter > Breader > Batter > Breader, thats a 4 pass breaded product. If its Predust > Batter > Breader > Batter, then its a 4 pass batter product

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
All batter/breaded items get both a batter and breading, its the final step that determines if its breaded or battered. If its Batter > Breader > Batter > Breader, thats a 4 pass breaded product. If its Predust > Batter > Breader > Batter, then its a 4 pass batter product
yea mcdee nugs is (light/water) batter > breader > (tempura) batter

i've been trying to see on youtubes if there are any frozen nugs that use as good of a process

i also learned that not only does chik fil a bread their patties in house, they also (milkwash > bread) their nugs in house too

i thought the nugs were at least frozen with the kind of volume they do

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just got an email for a free chicken sandwich from Popeyes with a $10 order. Fuuuuck, I was supposed to start being good again this week on my calories, but I'm so tempted to get one and also try their nuggs. Our Popeyes is just fucking awful, though, and I haven't gotten a single order from there that hasn't been screwed up.

e: alright now I'm confused as fuck at the pricing on the Popeyes app. Looking at an 8pc nugg combo, a large is listed at 7.92, medium at 7.56, and the small...at 8.99. WTF?

Last edited:
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just got an email for a free chicken sandwich from Popeyes with a $10 order. Fuuuuck, I was supposed to start being good again this week on my calories, but I'm so tempted to get one and also try their nuggs. Our Popeyes is just fucking awful, though, and I haven't gotten a single order from there that hasn't been screwed up.

e: alright now I'm confused as fuck at the pricing on the Popeyes app. Looking at an 8pc nugg combo, a large is listed at 7.92, medium at 7.56, and the small...at 8.99. WTF?
I declare kfc the winner for chicken sandwich. Quality has been off both my last attempts at popeye. I used to argue that they were better. The patty is larger but the breading was hyper salty 2nd to last time more than usual, last night went to try the nuggets. Both them and the sandwhich didn't look burnt but the batter was like almost sandy and awful tasting.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Mistakes were made, of course. Nuggs were tasty, I always enjoy a good biscuit, but as always, order was fucked up. Got an 8pc nugg instead of the 12 I ordered, the fries came in a tall bag instead of the box..., and they didn't give me my damn beignets.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Randomness is part of the cost of Popeyes. When you place your order, they don't hear your order. They hear "surprise me!" Choice is an illusion.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users