The Fast Food Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Pretty cheap online...

And so hard like a rock. Seriously, if these things are stale they're a serious commitment to eat, they need to get all moisture from your mouth, and by the end the delicious salt and licorice flavour is gone, and it's just a chewy rock in your mouth.

This is likely to get quote in the repository thread...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Rarely do I hate people, but you guys make me sick!

This is the worst derail in the history of this forum.

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 9 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Rarely do I hate people, but you guys make me sick!

This is the worst derail in the history of this forum.

Sounds like you need a palate cleanser.

Burnt End Grilled Cheese

1641022233831.png

• 4Quality Calories
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Glad to see I'm not the only black licorice fan here. As a kid I was the one picking all the black jelly beans out of the bowl at Easter.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I think I started right after this. So I'd just missed the beef fat, but I damned sure remember the jugs of oil.

The rig & pump for filtering the grease looked like it had seen some shit, though.

I was really sad when the biscuit lady got let go. They used to make all the biscuits from scratch, and she'd get there extra early to start on that stuff. And then, one day, corporate was like "ok, all the biscuits are coming in frozen now"

McDonalds always spent so much time and money fucking around with shit. I never saw what was wrong with the old ways. You could at least improve upon it. But nooooo, they kept trying to reinvent the wheel.

When I started, the burgers were all made fresh. 4:1 and 12:1, you'd dress everything while the meat cooked.

But then they changed to staging cabinets where you'd cook the meat and buns in batches, then pull from the cabinets to make small orders of burgers...and then nuke them.

I mean, I guess they got rid of the warming 'slides' with the metal timer things that everyone always ignored? But IMHO I preferred the "made fresh but maybe it's been in sitting there wrapped, in the slide, for 30m" over the "Let's make everything, let it sit in lukewarm cabinets, then dress it, nuke it, and send it out as 'fresh'"

I don't even know what they're doing now, but smart money is on McDonalds corporate working feverishly to rework their kitchens so that the newest crop of "I can't figure out how to center meat on a bun" and "I don't want to come to work for less than 20/hr" bottom of the barrel failures can maybe...MAYBE...get a drive-thru order out in less than 10m.

The clock is ticking, and it's only a matter of time before McRobots are making the food.
I worked at McDonalds in high school in the late 90s. My store was a corporate test store for the updated production removing the big slider bin. We were right off the highway so we were always busy in peak times. The big change for us was the rapid bun toasters. We could toast a bun in around 10 seconds and get a burger out in under 30 seconds. We had the food trays and in lunch and dinner rush the timer (10 mins?) would never go off before we could sell through. But in off peak times (or if you got a grilled chicken) we were resetting the timers a couple times before giving up on some of that meat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I always get the hot sandwiches from Bucc'ees, but decided to go on an adventure and try their Club melt from the cool section. Holy shit its good. They had those nice thick bacon slices that have some chew and a creamy zesty vinagrette type of sauce that gives it an excellent zing. 100% recommend, why didn't I do this sooner.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Now these look interesting. A new type of McNugget. Spicy Garlic.

1641339690952.png

Garlic and some kind of Cheese sauce to go with it.

• 4Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Is that some sort of panko shrimp thing?

Sort of. The coating is kinda like.. corn flakes? But wheat based. They roll a stick of shrimp around in it until it's fully coated, deep fry it, and you eat it with tartare sauce.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user